“A place to call home..”
Review of Villa David

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Villa David
mt vernon wa
“A place to call home..”
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I must say that our stay at Villa David was again the best. We stayed in a new room this time on the second floor and it was great. Our neighbor Jon and Don took us out to some great restraunts that they had visited during the month that they were there. We have made so many great friends there and always are talking our friends from Washington state to come with us and explore this great city. Bill Makes you feel welcome and relaxed.
We have stayed all over the world and each accomodation has its own quirks. Thats why it is called vacation and not work. You go with the flow and laugh at all the little things along the way.
We are preparing for our next trip there on Jan 27th and Yes we are bringing along 2 more men to show this great B&B and all that PV has to offer.
O and did I mention Adelberto. He is the best Masseuse that you could ever ask for. I look forward to it each and every year that we go. this will be our fourth and deff not our last. Thank you Bill for everything and dont let the spoil sports get you down.....
Aaron/Jess

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Great white north
Reviewed November 13, 2009

This was our fourth trip and we are going back again next year. Bill and his staff are great. We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2009

As guests who have been staying at Villa David for a number of years, I can personally recommend this beautiful and romantic hide away in the scenic hills of Puerto Vallarta. Owners Bill and David are just wonderful and make us feel at home each year. The large variety of breakfast foods and great company is a perfect way to start the day in Vallarta.

Both my life partner and I have very hectic jobs in New York City. Going back to Villa David each year is a real treat for us. Villa David is an A+ in our book.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DougRobNYC
Southern California
Reviewed July 29, 2009

After several previous visits to Puerto Vallarta, I decided to stay someplace different. I would like very much to say how extremely pleased I was that I discovered this incredible gem in the hills overlooking such a delightful Mexican town.

My 8-night stay at Villa David was during the "low-season," but I still enjoyed every minute of my visit. The weather was hot and humid. There was also plenty of rain in the late afternoons and evenings. I only say this because the management warned me of this when I made my initial reservation. I was very impressed with their honesty. Nevertheless, I went ahead with my plans and never did regret my decision.

Upon arrival, I immediately noticed a very simple, non-descript exterior with a plain, gated entry-way. What a complete change of scenery once Bill (manager) opened the door and greeted me in a warm, genuine way.

The grounds are lush, plush, very tropical, and immaculately clean. I have never seen such a beautiful swimming pool. The environment is so inspiring that you're often hesitant to leave the complex for a walk into town or to the beach. There is a 24-hour guest computer as well as a telephone to make free phone calls to the USA. Trust me when I say you're in for a true treat with the daily breakfast. The eggs, breakfast meats, pasteries, juices, waffles, french toast, as well as coffee and tea make for a wonderful beginning of the day.

The rooms are clean and very comfortable. Many of them have incredible views of the town, cathedral and Bay of Banderas. The housekeeping staff is prompt, friendly, helpful and a true pleasure to talk to at breakfast. You must make an effort to climb the spiral staircase to the rooftop sundeck for an amazing vista of the entire area. The circular climb can seem a bit daunting the first time, but you won't regret it once you reach the top.

As for the resort's location, I will not deny it's several blocks up a somewhat steep incline. But there are steps the entire way, and after the first few treks up the hill, I found the climb to be quite easy if I took it slowly. Of course, there's always an inexpensive taxi you can also use.

Villa David is (without a doubt) a magnificent place, and I highly recommend it. You will NOT be disappointed. Just read many of the other reviews, and you'll see so many other men are in agreement. You are most welcome to contact me through Trip Adviser if you have any additional questions. I shall get back to you promptly.

In closing, I thank Bill and his fine staff of young men for making this traveler feel so welcomed and appreciated. You'll be seeing me arriving at Calle Galeana #348 again very soon.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
London
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I spent two and a bit weeks at Villa David in April/May this year. Arriving at night, I was ushered into a beautiful candle lit courtyard, complete with fountain and pool, and I knew straight away that I was going to enjoy my stay.The next day, I found I could see the sea directly from my bed, the cooked breakfasts were huge and the roof top jacuzzi was just perfect for watching the sunsets. More importantly, I found that Bill and the team went out of their way to make my holiday a success. I was introduced to the local characters in the gay community, given recommendations about venues, and genuinely made to feel very welcome. They even invited me to a party! I would thoroughly recommend this delightful guesthouse. A huge thank you to Bill, Adalberto and Christian for making my stay so memorable.

David from London.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Nashville, TN
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I just returned from my third memorable visit to Puerto Vallarta where I stayed, once again, at Villa David. Each visit gets a little longer. Not only do I find Puerto Vallarta to be practically paradise, but I can think of no more enchanting a place to stay than Villa David.

The hosts, Bill and David, have done everything within their capabilities to create a warm and inviting atmosphere within the Villa. If you came to Vallarta to relax, then this is definately the place. The pool is beautiful, the rooms are comfortable, the breakfasts are abundant and first rate, the staff is friendly, and the views from the multiple decks and balconies are breathtaking. Other amenities include an honor bar, an on-site masseuse, and a seriously kick-butt hot tub.

Villa David is located in the old part of town on the hills above Our Lady of Guadalupe Church. It is definately a healthy walk up and down the hills and stairs of the city to get to the beach, the shops or the clubs. But the daily exercise enabled me to eat as much food as I liked and still end up in better shape than I was when I arrived.

I find that part of the charm of going to Mexico is experiencing the sights and sounds of a different culture. If you want to spend your vacation in a swanky, all-inclusive vacuum, then you will find many other resorts in the area that will cater to that. But if you want to experience Puerto Vallarta from a picturesque and comfortable hillside hacienda with a window on the real Mexico, then Villa David is definately the perfect place to stay. In my opinion, it only improves upon paradise.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Villa David may be the best kept little secret for men in search of an intimate upscale retreat in gay-friendly Vallarta. It's a great guest house to meet new friends and reconnect with old ones who come back year after year.

I've been returning to this spot of paradise for six years now. Each year I grow fonder of it, and stay a little while longer. I typically stay for a month during the Christmas holidays, return for two weeks in April, and this year, I'll be back for another two weeks in October. I think of it as my second home.

The place is immaculate, with a cozy, intimate charm - a perfect setting for a romantic get away - or a terrific place to call home as you explore the city and meet new friends. The inner courtyard of this authentic hacienda is a garden oasis, with a spectacular pool. A beautiful jacuzzi and convenient honor bar is on the third level terrace. Morning breakfast is always a treat and a wonderful place to meet new guests and carry on with old friends.

Every once in awhile, I think of purchasing a condo or timeshare in Vallarta. And then I realize I would be missing out on the very reason I keep coming back. It's the friends, the staff, and the owners Bill and David, who make it so special and why I return again and again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple