“Excellent place and value”
Review of Villa David

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Villa David
Dayton, Ohio
“Excellent place and value”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have stayed at Villa David the last four years for a two or three week stay. The location is central, three blocks up the mountain with a view of the whole bay and mountains around it. It is located in an old neighbor hood which is interesting to be among the locals. The rooms are all very nice. My favorite regular rooms are #5 and #6. But if you can afford the little extra one of the two suites are really special with awesome views. You can leave the windows open day and night. The owner Bill fixes a delicious cooked breakfast each day with fresh fruit, home made breads, egg dish, meat, potatoes or pancakes. You eat from 8am to 10am on fiesta ware, table cloths in open air dining room or out on the terrace. Everything is very private and of course clothing optional which I love about a resort. You must be ok with up and down three blocks of stairs each time you go down to the bay. Gay beach is about a 20 minute walk away. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance. Roberto's for gellatto afterwards while walking along the bay watching the sunsets.

Room Tip: Regular room #6 or #5. Suite #1 is favorite but #2 is also good.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank lg60

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Seattle
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have stayed here maybe six times in the last few years. We like the easygoing atmosphere, the warmth of Bill, Adalberto and the staff, great breakfasts, lovely pool and hot tub, and the ambiance in general. And we like the great eclectic neighborhood: local atmosphere, not just isolated in a resort somewhere. A short 4-block walk to the Malecon and there is plenty to see, do and shop. (And yes sometimes we've taken a taxi back up the hill for 40 pesos = $5!). We will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Seattle_D_and_T
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Where to begin! Upon arrival we were greeted by Adalberto, the house boy, masseuse, and pretty much expert of all things Vallarta. After first being met by a beautiful, pristine blue pool, all one had to do was look up to see the beautiful grapevines and local fauna trailing throughout the courtyard, While Adalberto made sure our luggage was taken care of, he showed us throughout the villa, which I must say, was stunning. The views of Banderas Bay and the local cathedral were more than we could have imagined and the decor remained true to Spanish Riviera style. We felt as though we were in a quaint Spanish town, surrounded by local culture and food, which I dare say, can be hard to come by in such tourist towns as Cancun and Cozumel. I must also mention William and Adrian, who made sure our rooms were always fresh and the villa spotless. They even laundered and folded our clothes! And as for Bill, well, you will just have to meet him for yourself. I dare say they broke the mold when they made him. (I love you Bill!) Cobblestone streets, beautiful old buildings, amazing culture, food to die for, and a location full of history and charm. Did I mention that this is all located within a 10-15 minute walk of the beach, gay bars, and wonderful restaurants? We would highly recommend Villa David for any gay couple or single gay man. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but we are particularly fond of room 1.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Brent R
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My last of seven or eight stays at Villa David was this past April. Bill the owner, was very accommodating as always, making it a very enjoyable and relaxed visit. I normally only have a
a week vacation once or twice a year, therefor it is important to stay at the best. Villa David has it all, can't say enough for the B&B and looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank southpacific3
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Like other reviewers here, I found Villa David to be beautiful, serene and well maintained. The owner, Bill, and his staff do a great job of making guests feel welcome and well cared for. Yes, the breakfasts are great, and there are a number of good restaurants nearby as well. I also liked staying in a more residential neighborhood than the Zona Romantica - a relatively short walk away - so I felt like I was having a more authentic local experience. This is a unique property in Vallarta and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 1Mike1133
Philadelphia
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My first visit to PV, and had a wonderful time. Many times into Mx, but first to PV. Stayed in one of the best B&B's ever and I am well traveled.The rooms had everything, including safes, ceiling fans, A/C sm.refrig, great rain shower heads and more. But best of all were the many areas to relax over the three story facility in plush chairs and couches. Big flat screen Tv's in public areas as well as in the rooms. One of the best home made breakfast offerings I have ever enjoyed, served outdoors as you can chat with other guests as you wish. A big refrigerator full of cold beverages including local beer and on an honor system to pay low prices upon check out. They have a WiFi plus a high speed computer, just for guests, so leave yours at home. They even have a free phone for calling anywhere in the USA or Mexico. How about that! They do have a cat and two small dogs that are very friendly if you wish to interact with them. The neighborhood is QUIET and local bodigas are just steps away. The main ocean walkway is five minutes away and restaurants are everywhere you turn. Prices in high season were low and included everything! I shall return and send my friends as well. Mel

Room Tip: Higher the better, but all the rooms were well done.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MelPhiladelphia
New York
Reviewed February 9, 2012

My husband and I stay here every year. It is very comfortable and relaxing and beautiful. The breakfasts are huge and the company soon become friends. The moonlight on the ocean the other night was amazing. The staff is wonderful and Bill tells the funniest stories. You just have to stay here!

• Stayed February 2012