“A Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa David

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Villa David
Clifton Park, New York
“A Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My last of seven or eight stays at Villa David was this past April. Bill the owner, was very accommodating as always, making it a very enjoyable and relaxed visit. I normally only have a
a week vacation once or twice a year, therefor it is important to stay at the best. Villa David has it all, can't say enough for the B&B and looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank southpacific3

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Like other reviewers here, I found Villa David to be beautiful, serene and well maintained. The owner, Bill, and his staff do a great job of making guests feel welcome and well cared for. Yes, the breakfasts are great, and there are a number of good restaurants nearby as well. I also liked staying in a more residential neighborhood than the Zona Romantica - a relatively short walk away - so I felt like I was having a more authentic local experience. This is a unique property in Vallarta and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 1Mike1133
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

My first visit to PV, and had a wonderful time. Many times into Mx, but first to PV. Stayed in one of the best B&B's ever and I am well traveled.The rooms had everything, including safes, ceiling fans, A/C sm.refrig, great rain shower heads and more. But best of all were the many areas to relax over the three story facility in plush chairs and couches. Big flat screen Tv's in public areas as well as in the rooms. One of the best home made breakfast offerings I have ever enjoyed, served outdoors as you can chat with other guests as you wish. A big refrigerator full of cold beverages including local beer and on an honor system to pay low prices upon check out. They have a WiFi plus a high speed computer, just for guests, so leave yours at home. They even have a free phone for calling anywhere in the USA or Mexico. How about that! They do have a cat and two small dogs that are very friendly if you wish to interact with them. The neighborhood is QUIET and local bodigas are just steps away. The main ocean walkway is five minutes away and restaurants are everywhere you turn. Prices in high season were low and included everything! I shall return and send my friends as well. Mel

Room Tip: Higher the better, but all the rooms were well done.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MelPhiladelphia
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

My husband and I stay here every year. It is very comfortable and relaxing and beautiful. The breakfasts are huge and the company soon become friends. The moonlight on the ocean the other night was amazing. The staff is wonderful and Bill tells the funniest stories. You just have to stay here!

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank printsNewYork
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

I cannot praise Villa David highly enough. The place combines tasteful serenity with traditional Mexican design. The pool areas is beautiful. Everything is incredibly well maintained. The rooms are stylish and spacious and spotlessly clean. Breakfasts are delicious. And Bill and David are the ultimate hosts. On this trip, they invited all guests to their apartment for drinks and appetisers before taking us out to dinner and to some bars. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Matt B
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

This is a clothing-optional men-only gay bed and breakfast in the Centro area. It is about a ten to fifteen minute walk down cobble stoned streets to get to the touristic areas of the Zona Romantica. This was an issue for some people we met, who wanted to be closer to the action. For my buddy and I, this was perfect.

The breakfasts were large, and very American. That was the only downside - I wanted my chilaquiles in the morning! But otherwise, this is the place I would choose to stay in when I return to Vallarta, without question.

There were fewer restaurants in this area, but they were of consistently higher quality than the Zona Romantica.

The complaints here are a bit odd. Yes, people hang out on the street at night. But this is actually a [i]quiet[/i] neighborhood for Mexico. Don't come to this country if you don't like noise!!! The dogs were hella cute.

We were there at the beginning of high season, and there were only a few couples here. It was very quiet and relaxing. I imagine it would be much more lively with a full house.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Michael C
Oklahoma city
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

The villa is beautiful once you enter but the street noise is unbearable. Situated on the mountain up from town in a neiborhood that has lots of inconsiderate neighbors, who party in the streets at all hours of night, and the owners dogs who wake you promptly at 8:00 am. If you are looking for proximity to the gay beach or bars look else where the hike is more than 20 minutes down stairs and cobble roads, the hike home is 30 minutes plus. Nice work-out for your calfs. The owner Bill is accommodating and helpful, however the staff member who offers massage, Aldobrto, behaved inappropriate with my husband, even when it was forbidden. The rest of the staff was truly professional. Unfortunately we can not return do to the behavior of one staff person. :(

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Tim F
JoePV, Owner at Villa David, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Of course everyone has a noise level they can tolerate. This guest did mention the noise,the walk to the beach, etc etc. We are in a neighborhood and we are up on the hill where the views are. We don't try to hide that fact anywhere. As to a 30 minute walk, it's all in how you walk I guess. Once the dog barking was mentioned, they were put in the office in the mornings until much later. I believe I upgraded them-for free- to the largest suite. This does have windows that overlook the courtyard and the dogs will bark at times. I always advise closing the windows when going to bed here. The cool breezes are nice, but we are very close to the town center. I guess they didn't heed this advice. One of them also put the vase of flowers that was in the room out in the hall because they didn't like them.

Here I must say this, Mexico is a noisy country If you want total quiet and traquility, I don't know if this is where you want to visit. If you are out of town, sure. But then it's much longer to the beach. It's like any resort city, there is a level of noise because people are partying. I've stayed at resorts here in PV and been awakened at 8am by aerobics in the pool, so what can I say? Don't sweat the small stuff I guess.

What I view as inappropriate and uncalled for is the remark about our massage person. He has been with us for nearly 13 years. Never in the all this time have I ever gotten any feedback like this. Most people comment on how professional he is in a town where most of the massage people are not. Most don't even go to school-he did.

The guest brought this advance charge to my attention when they were leaving. Then by email. I had already spoken with Adalberto and gotten his side of the story by the time I got the email . His was a bit more believeable. They both made advances to him, one was put off a bit sooner than the other, Hence the review. I think if it would have been reversed, there would have been no negative review. Given Adalberto's history with me and the level of trust we have, I chose to believe him even though the person was demanding I fire him. I will not fire anyone without giving them a chance to defend themselves even if I have a rule against this sort of thing. Unfortunately I have to judge sometimes. Given the whole tone of their vacation, I chose not to let him go.

I must say that to put something on a page like this is in the worst possible taste. I hated responding to it . I cannot imagine putting my relationship problems out there for everyone to see.