We stayed at Canto Del Sol from April 29-May3rd. I had read a lot of the reviews from other patrons and didn't know what to expect to be honest.
I was pleasantly surprised! We had a wonderful room with a view of the ocean and the tennis courts, it had a full kitchen, a huge balcony with two lounge chairs and a table with two regular chairs. The room was clean, no mold problems, we had an inroom safe and a dead bolt lock on our door. The bed was very comfortable; however, the airconditioning was a little noisy so we put it on high before we went to bed, and then turned it off and we were fine.
The pool at the hotel was very nice and large. We always had great service. We usually tipped a US dollar with every order and had great service poolside, in the restaurants, and at the indoor bar. The staff spoke English very well and we didn't have any problems communicating with the staff. Two of the bartenders/waiters we had fun joking around with were Siegfreido and Jose, Siegfriedo also goes by "Ziggy". Ziggy makes a great drink called a "Paralyzer" try one, any more and the drink will definitely live up to it's name! WE had met some friends from chicago whose room was right above the bar and they did complain that it got a little noisy. Our room was pretty far back but had a great view of the ocean and the tennis courts.
We spent most of our time at the hotel as both of us have jobs in upper management and didn't want to run all over town it was nice to relax without the phone ringing or people asking us a ton of questions. We never had a problem finding a chair at the pool or by the beach and did not get up at 6am to reserve either. There were children at the resort but they were very well behaved and watched by their parents. Also, on May 1st they had a children's program which many of the kids participated in.
We ate only at the resort and did not get food poisoning. You can obtain a prescription for Cipro ( an antibiotic from your Dr. before you leave) in case you develop a case of diarrhea/vomiting; however, we did not need to take any. When we went to town shopping we drank only bottled water or cans or beer/soda. The food was pretty good, I was not expecting it honestly to be as good as it was. There was always something good to eat. Previously I stayed at a 5 star resort in Cozumel and the food there was terrible compared to Canto Del Sol. We did have dinner at the Mexican restaurant and I had a stuffed steak and it was delicious. We had no difficulty making reservations for the restaurant we stopped in quick after breakfast and it was EASY.
If there was a downfall to this hotel I would say it was the young adults on holiday there. They spilled many drinks into the pool, were obnoxious and rude. I did know that I wasn't paying 1200 US dollars a person for this vacation and just payed them no attention. Kids will be kids.
We decided that we would love to go back next year for an inexpensive vacation away from it all. The vendors on the beach did get annoying at times; however, we decided we should have skipped the flea market and just shopped on the beach as the prices were often better. :)
The biggest downfall for us was that we only went for 5 days and 4 nights......could have easily stayed ten days! GREAT VALUE for the money and a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, right on Banderas Bay, breathtaking sunsets draw visitors and locals alike to the evening display. Canto del Sol’s colonial-style resort offers guests outstanding value, with an extensive All-Inclusive Program that features: a championship Tennis Club with four outdoor clay courts and four covered Laykol courts; windsurfing; water polo; tequila volleyball; and dance lessons. Guests can choose a vacation as active or as relaxed as they like.The sparkling turquoise water of Mexico’s Pacific Riviera caresses the beachfront of CANTO DEL SOL PLAZA VALLARTA. This perfect vacation resort offers an atmosphere of Fun, Tradition and Tranquility, where guests have everything for their wonderful Puerto Vallarta holiday. Escape from the ordinary, and discover this magnificent oceanfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Vallarta