I've stayed at two other all inclusive resorts before and by far, this was the best experience I've had.
I came to Canto Del Sol with four other girlfriends. The check in process was pretty seamless. The only downside of this hotel is that they sell time shares and they made us pick up our towel cards from the time share desk and at that point, they were already trying to get us to sit through a presentation the very next day. Luckily, our travel rep advised us to be careful and we declined right away and they didn't hassle us too much with it after.
The services we received from all aspects of the hotel was awesome. Our housekeeper was friendly. The servers were sweet. Shout outs to Alexander and Enrique who made us feel so welcome each time we saw them at the buffet. Daniel the bartender was amazing, he really set the tone for one of our girls' nights by just being amazing. The service at the poolside very attentive as well. I felt very taken care of by all aspects of the trip.
I've never been the type of person who wanted to spend most of my day at the pool, but the activity staff made it so much fun, we ended up spending more than half our day at the pool. :)
The activities staff take out the guest in the evenings to clubs. We went out 3 nights with them and It made it less intimating for us.
Shout outs to Alberto, Brenda, Kenny, Manuel, Osvaldo for making my week such a memorable experience.
The Food - The buffet served the same foods for breakfast and lunch, with a slight variation in the sauces. By day 5 I was pretty bored with the food. The dinner was good, the seafood night was amazing and of course the Mexican night was also amazing.The À la carte restaurant was OK. They rotate Mexican and Italian nights.
The Room - the decor was simple yet functional. The cons - the beds were too hard for my liking, the pillows smelled like sweat and the AC was really loud, however, it did serve the purpose of keeping the room cold.
It really felt like home while we stayed here, and the people were super friendly and I've been back for a few days I actually miss of the people at the resort! I will for sure look to book another trip back at Canto Del Sol!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, right on Banderas Bay, breathtaking sunsets draw visitors and locals alike to the evening display. Canto del Sol’s colonial-style resort offers guests outstanding value, with an extensive All-Inclusive Program that features: a championship Tennis Club with four outdoor clay courts and four covered Laykol courts; windsurfing; water polo; tequila volleyball; and dance lessons. Guests can choose a vacation as active or as relaxed as they like.The sparkling turquoise water of Mexico’s Pacific Riviera caresses the beachfront of CANTO DEL SOL PLAZA VALLARTA. This perfect vacation resort offers an atmosphere of Fun, Tradition and Tranquility, where guests have everything for their wonderful Puerto Vallarta holiday. Escape from the ordinary, and discover this magnificent oceanfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Vallarta