Just returned from a 7 day all inclusive experience for my cousins Stagette / bachelorette / hen party and we honestly had a blast! Everyone was friendly and had huge smiles, from kayaking with Manuel, Josue, and Julio, to aqua aerobics with Oberto, Allen, Kenia, Sylvia, Brenda, and Alberto, to later clubbing and dancing when they accompanied us for a couple nights on the town! We always felt very safe, looked after, and welcomed and the wait staff and bartenders (Miguel, Alexander aka Homer, Daniel, Justin, Dario, Jose, Cris) were personable and just so friendly and hospitable! The events coordination team kept us entertained with nightly entertainment and water activities - we kayaked, swam, and played volleyball and water polo nearly every day. Even when our group had a disagreement (7 days with hangovers and sharing a bed will do that!), Josue, Manuel, and Allen worked really hard to keep us happy and made us make up. *Thank you!*
We did not spend a lot of time in the rooms as we were mostly eating, in the pool or at the Malecon, but they were adequate for what we paid - beds were hard and A/C was loud, but I have travelled across the states and Canada and its usually a hit and miss anyways.
I am a foodie of sorts - I keep a food blog and the food could stand to be a bit better. The selection was decent and I must recommend the chilaquiles (green, por favor) as they were the perfect hangover food, start to the day, or whenever - they do seem to make a batch every other day though, so if they aren't great one day try them the next before you judge. Tacos were delicious, and so was any preparation of pork, and you can request salsa or guac if they do not already have them out.
Pool was maintained every morning and snack bar had tuna sammies, burgers, hot dogs, fries, and chips with queso and salsa if you were feeling peckish at the pool. Swim up bar was my favourite and there were plenty of places to lounge in the pool or out.
We went in what they staff called "Mexican or low season" so there were many local families, as well as a school group from Nayarit staying at the resort, however there were also families and couples from Canada and USA that had stayed at the resort before and that would come again.
Sorry if I have forgotten any names, blame my brain and not my heart!
I am already monitoring prices for another return with my husband and I hope to see you all again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, right on Banderas Bay, breathtaking sunsets draw visitors and locals alike to the evening display. Canto del Sol’s colonial-style resort offers guests outstanding value, with an extensive All-Inclusive Program that features: a championship Tennis Club with four outdoor clay courts and four covered Laykol courts; windsurfing; water polo; tequila volleyball; and dance lessons. Guests can choose a vacation as active or as relaxed as they like.The sparkling turquoise water of Mexico’s Pacific Riviera caresses the beachfront of CANTO DEL SOL PLAZA VALLARTA. This perfect vacation resort offers an atmosphere of Fun, Tradition and Tranquility, where guests have everything for their wonderful Puerto Vallarta holiday. Escape from the ordinary, and discover this magnificent oceanfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Vallarta