My husband and I just returned from a relaxing week at the Canto Del Sol in Puerto Vallarta. We decided on a last minute trip to get away from the the very winter conditions at home and the price was right to Puerto Vallarta. I must admit, Puerto Vallarta has never been a place we would choose to visit as we prefer the Caribbean but, we were pleasantly surprised by the friendly atmosphere of P.V.
The Canto Del Sol is a small, pretty, somewhat older resort not far from downtown P.V. The room was adequate and kept very clean. The only complaint I would have about the room would be the size of the balcony, it was extremely small, barely enough room for 2 plastic lawn chairs but, we had a lovely view...
There is only 1 buffet, the food was fresh and you could always find something to eat. The staff in the buffet were amazing, friendly, efficient and eager to please, especially Alexander!
There are 2 a la carte restaurants both of which we tried. The Mexican Hacienda was terrific, the food was awesome as well as the service. The food presentation was lovely! The Italian restaurant was also good but not as nice as the Mexican, the service was excellent though.
The bar staff at the pool bar were terrific! The bartenders will make you anything you want. The waiters take your order poolside or on the beach which was a nice change from having to wait in line for your beverages. Pedro and Juan were especially good as well as Arturro who is no spring chicken!
The nightly entertainment was ok., very similar to other resorts but the older folks really enjoyed it. It would have been nice to have a musician or 2 at the pool bar in the evenings...
You could always find somewhere to sit either on the beach or poolside, most of the time we chose to sit on the beach where we could enjoy watching the beach vendors and the locals.
All in all, this was a nice holiday and great value for your money and better service than many 5 star resorts we have been to. If you don't plan on leaving your resort this one isn't for you as there is not much to do. If you want to lounge around some days and be close to town this resort is about a 10 minute cab ride or you can walk and take in the feel of the town on the way.
Thank you Canto Del Sol for a great vacation!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the center of Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, right on Banderas Bay, breathtaking sunsets draw visitors and locals alike to the evening display. Canto del Sol’s colonial-style resort offers guests outstanding value, with an extensive All-Inclusive Program that features: a championship Tennis Club with four outdoor clay courts and four covered Laykol courts; windsurfing; water polo; tequila volleyball; and dance lessons. Guests can choose a vacation as active or as relaxed as they like.The sparkling turquoise water of Mexico’s Pacific Riviera caresses the beachfront of CANTO DEL SOL PLAZA VALLARTA. This perfect vacation resort offers an atmosphere of Fun, Tradition and Tranquility, where guests have everything for their wonderful Puerto Vallarta holiday. Escape from the ordinary, and discover this magnificent oceanfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Puerto Vallarta
- Canto Del Sol Vallarta