“love this resort”

Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta
Ranked #31 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went back from Jan 22 2013 to Feb. 12 2013. As usual everyone greeted us and made us feel right at home. Our room was not to ur liking the first day so we were moved as soon as there was availability. Grounds are clean and well kept. Food is varied and every Friday night is Mexican night. Lots of fun games where you win play money and then get to bid on items at the auction later on that evening. Going back again April 8th to 15th this year and hopefully next year for a month.

Room Tip: Rooms on right side of hotel such as 294 or 394 face the ocean and offer a nice view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sussiMilton_Ontario
Write a ReviewReviews (2,636)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was my first experience in taking a holiday like this. I liked the small resort/holiday as it was very easy to get around and to find all the amenities. The Buffet had a very good variety of foods to choose from. My roomDID NOT look like the pictures on the web site. I travelled with a group of nine and some were in a time share. DID NOT look like the pictures on the web site. Was disappointed in the room but it was clean and kept that way all week. They advertisement says it has been remodeled!!!! I am an Interior Designer and will gladly help when I return. Rated a 4 star I think but I would give it a 2.5-3. But the only other trip I have had was a cruise. So hard to make a comparison. I have stayed in many hotels on other occassions and this does not make the list of 4 star. The Entertainment Staff work very hard to keep us entertained. The nightly shows were awesome. BUT everything was over by ten thirty. Okey not ready to go to my room yet!!!!! Staff were very polite and looked after you very well. I am going to return next Feb. I will be travelling alone and I felt very safe here. I am trying to recruit some others to go next year as I would recommend this hotel to any over 40. There isn't enough night life for the younger ones. Roberta

Room Tip: If you can get a good one great. The beds are as hard as cement. I slept in the lounge chair on th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Roberta S
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We just got back from Canto Del Sol, Our overall experience was excellent! The resort is very very clean and the staff is outstanding! They have a nice variety of food everyday and an evening show every night. This is a very safe resort without too many people. It's not super fancy but for the price ... it's perfect!
This is a super cute, clean, resort where you can go and relax.

Room Tip: Ask for king size bed if needed before hand and ask for pool side room or you could get stuck with a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lindsay771
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had never been to this resort before..it was a last minute all inclusive deal. We were pleasantly surprised and would go back again. The service was great, the evening entertainment was really good, and the food was pretty good considering its the usual all inclusive buffet with a few a la carte choices. Not impressed with the Italian a la carte though. We also had some issues with our room..lots of mildew on the curtains that made the room smell terrible. We were moved to a different room without problems after we mentioned it. Unfortunately, it seems to be a theme at this hotel that you get placed into a less desirable room first and then need to complain to get moved..it would be nice if they upgraded the rooms so you didn't have to go through the hassle.
Besides those few issues we had a great time..the atmosphere was relaxed and fun

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brucesuz
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I once again stayed at this great hotel, It was as good if not better than two years ago. The staff again was very friendly. My check in was a bit slow as I got there at 2:45 PM and they said my room was not ready. But when I got to my room there had been no one in the room as I went to go have a shower and brown water came out of the tap, telling me no one has used it in a while. Do not know why they would make me wait but what ever. The food again was great a little laxs on the Thousand island dressing for salad. The room was cleaned all the time and the maid did a great job. I was there between 25TH of February and March the 4TH. Paublo the bar tender was awesome again as he made sure I got a stalk of celery for my Ceasar he makes the best in Puerto Vallarta. Staff at the pool bar was friendly and quick All in all i will be back the the Canto del sol

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank tan-boy56
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our third time staying at Canto and as always it was hard to leave. We found the staff very pleasant and easy to deal with. We had a couple of issues with our room which were quickly resloved when we told the front desk. The hotel is very clean which is very important to us. Even though I can be a picky eater the variety at the buffet is great and never walked away without finding food that I enjoyed. We always lounged by the beach and our waiter Jose is the BEST..always look forward to seeing him. A very friendly, genuine man . Even though the timeshare people can be very annoying, we've learned to just say smile and say "no thanks, not interested". Looking forward to another trip there next year. :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bhinds
Reviewed March 2, 2013

There were four of us travelling again this year and we were very surprised at this resort!!! we requested adjoining rooms but when we checked in we werent but asked to be moved to adjoining and they moved us right away!!! after a few nights of listening to the big a/c all night long we asked to be moved again and we were given pool view adjoining rooms!! Thanks to all the front desk staff for being so accomodating!! We enjoyed a lot of our time by the snack bar/pool bar and we served by Chuy during the day and Arturo in the evening the were great and very personable hi fives all the way around Chuy!! As we were sitting on the patio we watched as the dolphins played in the bay and the hump backed whales cruise by a couple of times but on our last morning the whales were really frolicking in the bay till the boat went over to watch then the whales just went underwater not to be seen again that day. we were each allowed seven al la cartes and we used them all!! Natan seemed to work at all the al la cartes he seemed to remember us from the time before!! in the buffet restaurant we had Alexander and Ricardo wait on us. they were fantastic!! I read some reviews before we left and people were saying how the food was the same day after day well..... thats only because they werent willing to try the food that was served!! we found something new and different everyday and we were there two weeks!! I hope I didnt forget anyone in this review but everyone there was great and we will be going back again!! Oh yeah the beach (in our minds) is the only reason this resort is only a 4 star!! Go with an open mind and you will have a blast!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Karmons156
Canto_Del_Sol-Team, General Manager at Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Guest of Canto Del Sol,

We are very pleased about your comments regarding your recent vacation experience at Canto Del Sol. Thank you so much for have chosen our hotel, for giving us the opportunity to create you an extraordinary holiday experience, and thank you also for all your nice comments about our staff. With pleasure we will share your expressions and acknowledgement with them.

We all hope to welcome you soon back to serve you at your home away from home!
You can also contact us at guestserv@cantodelsol.com

Sincerely yours