“Rehearsal Dinner”
Review of Hotel Playa Fiesta

Hotel Playa Fiesta
Ranked #1 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Our son and his fiancé picked Playa Fiesta as their wedding site in November 2013, while being very excited for their big day as the parents of the groom our first thought was "oh no what about the rehearsal dinner". Within minutes; all of our concerns were erased, we received an email from Lindsay letting us know of all of the options of available to us right on site. Lindsay gave us dinner options to chose from, we picked a traditional Thanksgiving meal since it was Thanksgiving day and it was delicious! Lindsay had the table décor all arranged and it was beautiful. The guest enjoyed cocktails while the wedding party did the rehearsal, so the event flowed very nicely. Since the dinner was on site they could plan the dinner service according to our time frame, we didn't worry about missing a reservation in town. Lindsay even arranged on site entertainment for our guest after the rehearsal dinner. I heard from several guest through out the night how wonderful the food was and how great the service was.
Everything was beyond wonderful, the staff, the hotel, the food, and Lindsay and Adam handled everything. As someone who is employed by a wedding caterer, I was very impressed at the level of service all of the guests received during our 4 day celebration.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Playa Fiesta

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We decided to have our wedding at Playa Fiesta, and couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Picking it sight unseen was a little scary, and we still weren't 100% sure that it even truly existed until we arrived, but once we stepped foot on the property all our worries went away.

As so many have already said, the accommodations are gorgeous, and many of the rooms are unique and special in their own way. I travel for business all the time so was worried that they wouldn't match the level of a Westin or Hyatt, but they definitely did, and then some. The layouts are super well thought-out, so that regardless of whether you're in a room or suite or multi-room suite, you have lots of space and privacy.

The entire experience of having only our closest friends and family stay all together at Playa Fiesta and take over the entire space was so unique and joyful that it's hard to put into words. I doubt we'll ever have an opportunity like that again, and we had so many guests express the same to us. So much of what made it fun and relaxing and comfortable was the stellar staff. You definitely got the sense that the staff was like one big family who had worked together for a long time. In particular, we loved Nacho, Pato and Charlie so much. We had lots of kids staying as well, and they couldn't get enough of Charlie's special drinks for them!

Lastly, I've heard weddings are supposed to be super stressful to plan, but our experience was exactly the opposite thanks to Lindsay, the hotel co-owner and wedding coordinator. Again, to echo so many others, she made us feel like our wedding was the only one she was planning thanks to her lightning-fast responses and attention to detail. We couldn't have asked for anything more from her and the rest of her staff.

Now the only decision we have left to make is when to return to Playa Fiesta!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sfgirl80
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We just returned from a destination wedding at Playa Fiesta and it was a wonderful experience. From the time we booked, Lindsay helped us with all our questions and coordinated travel to our excursions in advance of our arrival. The accommodations are gorgeous - the rooms are updated but still feel very cozy, and the view just can't be beat. The service is excellent - big thanks to Pato & Charlie! The wedding activities were skillfully coordinated and included: fire dancers, live music, fireworks, and spa services for wedding guests. All in all, a wonderfully peaceful vacation! We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Very impressed! Went for my brothers wedding, on the beach! Every detail was perfect. Rooms are spacious and very clean, the staff was excellent I couldn't be happier and hope to go back very soon.if you are planning a wedding or vacation this is a great choice, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I went into 3 other rooms all were beautiful!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jill R
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Playa Fiesta for our friends’ wedding earlier this year and it was such an amazing experience, largely thanks to the outstanding service we received.

The wedding party took over the entire hotel so there were about 60 of us there from all over the country. From the moment we arrived at Playa Fiesta the owners and staff exceeded my expectations. Right away we were given first class service. The staff members were extremely attentive. It became a bit of a joke that they were so on top of it that you could barely finish a drink before they were there to get you your next one. Especially great since our package included the open bar! I also should add that unlike some other all-inclusives, I did not notice that the mixed drinks I ordered were at all watered down.

The owner, Lindsey, was a fantastic resource as far as things to do outside of the hotel. The truth is that we enjoyed the pool, relaxation, and service at Playa Fiesta so much that we had to force ourselves to actually make it to town our last full day there. There was a delicious breakfast buffet each day which offered all sorts choices to suit a wide range of preferences. That was also included in our room rate. For lunch there we could order off of a menu of standards like sandwiches, salads, quesadillas. All items I ordered for lunch were delicious. Most of our dinners were also included, as they were wedding-related events. And again, very good. Each night the group gathered around the bar and pool and just had a wonderful time socializing.

The wedding was absolutely gorgeous. The bride said that Lindsey (owner/wedding coordinator) made everything so easy from the day they booked through the wedding day itself.

Our room was fantastic. We had a small living area and a balcony overlooking the water. I understand that the view quality of the rooms varied, but who wants to spend much time in the room anyway in a beautiful spot like this!

I truly have nothing negative to say about Playa Fiesta and will remember our wonderful vacation there for a long time! One thing to note—our party was adults only. Though I’m sure that the property would accommodate children, I wouldn’t call the hotel “kid-friendly”. It’s really a wonderful and relaxing vacation spot for adults.

Thank you Hotel Playa Fiesta, Lindsey, and your staff for such a lovely experience!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren F
Reviewed February 11, 2014

First of all I want to say this was a much needed trip to get away from the cold winter of Minnesota this year!

I was first here about 5 years ago for my cousin's wedding. It was by far my favorite wedding I've been to. It's a very intimate experience since it is basically your family and friends there. There are 3 pools (Cold, warm, and hot tub) and each were used all day. The staff and the service they give is above and beyond anything you will receive elsewhere! All of the staff speaks english very well so you won't feel out of place if you don't know spanish.

This year I wanted to go back down with my cousin again along with some family and friends since Lindsey and Adam were out of town they had a week that was open for us to stay. This was even better because it was just the 7 of us along with a few other couples. The room was even an extra bonus! I didn't think this stay could be better, but it was. They had made some improvements since I was there last time. Better site lines to the ocean from the bar, upgraded the furniture by the pools to layout, added more furniture outside of the hotel to have a nice ocean view, added a swing bed on the lower level for a nap or a good read, added new rails by the pools, they have WiFi, and more! I can only hope I can come down again next year or even better...whenever I propose to the g/f to have to my wedding here.

This trip even provided whale watching as a mom was teaching her calf how to do different things. After watching for about 2 hours they made their trip back and litterally waved at us as they passed by Playa Fiesta!!!

If you are looking to do some sightseeing around the area you can take the local bus for about 8 pesos which is very cheap!

I promise you on anything you want me to that this is the place you will want for your wedding or simply an amazing vacation.

I can't thank you enough Adam and Lindsey. You have truely built a gem and I can't give yourselves or your staff a high enough rating!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Rob N
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I got married here back in 2009 and we have tried to go back every year since. Every time we go back it just gets better-not sure how but it does! It's so fun to see what has changed from year to year and meet other past couples and/or those with future wedding dates. I have been to other warm places for vacation and nothing beats Playa Fiesta. We have become good friends with the owners and staff. Almost five years later the staff still remembers us and my family. What other place could you say that about? We have brought friends with us that didn't come to our wedding and they feel the same way about PF that we do. You just can't beat the ambience, staff, food, view, rooms...everything is amazing! I can't wait until next year!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. There really isn't a bad room in the house from the standard room to the to...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends