When my (future) wife showed me the Playa Fiesta on the internet, I was very skeptical. I was worried about booking something without having seen it in person. You never know if pictures on the internet are true representations of the place, you worry about the food, etc. I finally agreed to get married there because the price was great and if the hotel was truly represented on the website, it would be a great location (and if it didn't go well, I could just blame it all on my wife).
All of my worries ended once we arrived. Upon arrival, we were offered drinks, shown to our room, then taken on a tour of the hotel. The rooms were all amazing. We had agonized over room assignments, and once we got there, we felt the weight of the world fall from our shoulders. We knew that no one would be disappointed with any room there. They were all that nice!
The hotel has wireless internet available in the pool/bar area, which worked out nicely for our group. A few of our guests had to work and we were worried that they'd miss out on the fun. Since there is no internet access in the rooms, they were able to sit outside and work poolside. It made their work more bearable. We brought a laptop for our guests to use and left it on the bar so anyone could hop on and check email, Facebook or whatever they needed to do. Every night, the bartender that closed up the bar also put the laptop away- then it was brought out for us the next morning. Everyone loved having it there. The lack of internet in the rooms was really a non-issue since our guests only slept in their rooms. The rest of the time, our entire party was down in the pool/bar area.
The staff was incredibly nice and welcoming. The Playa Fiesta has an open bar from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. for the wedding week. I was worried what their definition of "open bar" was because of that fact that it was included in the room rate. Again, you never know. To our delight, the open bar was truly an open bar and getting drinks was easy. The bartenders were constantly making sure everyone was happy and always had a drink in hand. They knew the names of everyone in our group, knew their favorite drink and kept them all full and happy. All of our guests had the best time.
We had 80 people to entertain, so we didn't once go into town to eat. The food at the Playa Fiesta was great. Every morning, there was a buffet ready for our guests. At night, we had the tacos for two (for our group) at least 3 nights. The dinner on the wedding night was great as well. Everyone talked about how great the food was.
The wedding day was well planned and went off without any problems. Lindsay and her US helper Melissa did a great job of helping my wife plan the wedding. As a guy, I wanted to do as little of the planning as possible, so it was very helpful to have Lindsay and Melissa work with my wife. I can't imagine our wedding going any better. I didn't have to stress out about anything- in fact, I was in the pool until about an hour before the wedding!
Adam and Lindsay are both amazing. They helped us have the best wedding (week) we could ever want or imagine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Fiesta is unique in every sense of the word. A true gem situated on the South side of Puerto Vallarta right on the ocean with magnificent views of Banderas Bay. Playa Fiesta caters to Wedding groups & Vacationers. A quaint & intimate resort with full hotel amenities. The onsite Bar & Restaurant are open from 8am-11pm daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Hotel Playa Fiesta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Fiesta Beachclub And Hotel
- Playa Fiesta Beachclub Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Playa Fiesta Beachclub