“A Groom's Perspective”
Review of Hotel Playa Fiesta

Hotel Playa Fiesta
Ranked #1 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This review has been a long time overdue. My fiancé (now wife) and I had our wedding at Playa Fiesta in December 2011. It was definitely the best week of our lives. We truly had a dream wedding and it was made all the more special by the intimate nature that Playa Fiesta provides.

From the very beginning, we knew that Playa Fiesta would provide us an amazing experience. Just looking at their website, you can see very quickly that this is a great place that offers some amazing views. If you are coming for just a regular hotel stay (non-wedding) you are going to be very happy with your stay. But if you are planning (or attending) a wedding there, it is even better.

Working with Lindsey and her wedding planning crew was a breeze. We had never visited the hotel but their constant communication put us right at ease. In retrospect, their work is simply amazing. Lindsey would often reply to our off-hours e-mails in minutes. It often felt like we were the only wedding they were planning for the 2+ years that we were engaged. Seriously, I don’t know how they do it.

My wife often commented how amazing the entire process was. We were provided a spreadsheet right away detailing all the rates and a basic guide that would be our bible for the next few years. Along the way, we were guided along so that we did not miss key milestones and due dates for things such as the guest list, hotel bookings, deposits, etc. I could go on and on about how amazing the planning process was, but instead I’ll just finish up by saying that with the guidance of Lindsey and her staff, we were able to see all the amazing options they offer, without pressure to purchase extra things we didn’t want or need. It was amazing from start to finish.

Of course, there is much more to a wedding than just planning. We arrived a few days before our guests so we could get settled and take care of some business before the wedding. Probably my favorite part of the whole trip was watching our guests trickle and in be simply AMAZED at the awesome rooms & views that PF offers. We had just enough guest rooms occupied to take up nearly all the ocean-view rooms & suites, without having anyone get stuck in one of the non ocean-view rooms. I believe we used 16 or 17 rooms. If you are planning a bigger wedding though, you will have to make some tough decisions about who gets the best rooms though, since everyone pays the same rate.

Food wise, we were treated to a spectacular buffet every morning that our guests were there. For the days when the hotel was mostly empty, it was an a la carte breakfast personally prepared for us – whatever we wanted. Each and every meal was great and the perfect way to start each day.

The pools are on the small-ish side but they were more than adequate for the size of our party. One thing to note: if you are obsessed with the beach, Playa Fiesta is situated right on the water, but the beach is totally rocky, not sandy. We didn’t mind though – I’d rather be in a great pool than the ocean anyway.

Service wise, the entire staff was ridiculously professional and fun. They managed to memorize our entire group’s names as they arrived. Something as little as that makes a HUGE difference. By the end of our stay we had made friends with most of the staff – I think that’s a pretty common thing at Playa Fiesta, because the guys are so nice!

Finally, the wedding day was here. The day that we had been planning and dreaming of for years. There would HAVE to be a small amount of disappointment after the buildup I had in my mind, right? Wrong. Everything went off without a hitch. I won’t bore you all with the intricate details of our day, but every single thing went exactly as we had planned. The ceremony was spectacular. The reception was classy but not stuffy. The speeches and dinner were so memorable. The dancing (with a stage set up over the pool!) was fun and the party lasted well into the night. And perhaps best of all, we did not have to stress out at all about anything. We were in the pool until just a couple hours before our wedding – how cool is that? No stressing about caterers, flowers, photographers, etc. Speaking of photographers, we used Michelle Turner, and she was amazing as well.

There are not enough good things I can say about Playa Fiesta and the amazing time we had there. This review doesn’t even do justice to how great everything was. I have very high standards for places where I spend money, and from a groom’s perspective Playa Fiesta exceeded every single one of my expectations. We’ll never forget it. I can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dave Z

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Probably the best week vacation ever! Hotel is amazing. Quality is everywhere. Every meal was superb. I can't say enough about this place. It is one of the best I have ever been to. The owners went out of their way to make sure our daughter's wedding there was great. We rode the bus into town several times. It is very safe. Only drawback : we were so relaxed it took a couple of days to get back into life at home!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Fatherofthebride_12
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This is a very great hotel ... it is like a family ... Wedding here are great ... returning for vacation is even better ... GREAT for couples, Families, Friends, and Solo travelers (who just want to relax) ... just minutes from the central district. The FOOD is prepared by one of the best CHEFs in Puerto Vallarta ... French toast is to die for. Every room is unique and great. Spa and fitness center is right down the road.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 60MikeP
Reviewed April 30, 2012

In January, my wife and I attended our friends wedding. Everything was just fantastic; the ambiance, location and the very friendly staff (shout out to Roger! Uno Mas!). The owners are great and consistently on location for any of your needs as well. If you are looking for a great relaxing stay, I cannot say enough great things about the Playa Fiesta.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This review may end up sounding like more of a thank you letter, but it's better than just repeating "Wow" a hundred times. :) Seriously though, my boyfriend and I just returned from our first visit in Puerto Vallarta and Playa Fiesta, and my mind is mostly filled with resounding 'thank you's!' and wow's!'.

I truly did enjoy staying at Playa Fiesta more than I've enjoyed any other hotel, super glamorous Vegas hotels included. And so much of the reason were owners Lindsey and Adam. They were beautiful people to have shared our trip with, and we really did feel somehow like they were sharing our trip with us. So, thank you Adam and Lindsey, for putting your heart and soul into your business; it is so very apparent.

A big thank you to Manuel, Charlie, Danny, Jesus and the entire staff of Playa Fiesta as well, for always treating us like family, and being excellent at what you do. I've never been treated so kindly as I was at this fantasy resort. And that includes Jeffe, the sweetest little puppy who ran out to greet us every time the cab brought us back from exploring the city.

As for the specifics, the room we had (203) was simple and unbelievably gorgeous, complete with magical patio and wrap around terrace directly over the beach. I feel like I can't sleep in my own bed now because there are no crashing waves to lull me into slumber! The grounds were fantastic as well, immaculately kept and naturally breath taking. Other perfections included the food, the bar, the pool, and the swinging hammock-style bed.

Upon Lindsey and Adam's suggestion, we went on a zip line tour and a sunset cruise/dinner/show called Rythyms of the Night. They were both wonderful, and I would highly recommend them to anyone else. Another favorite part of the trip for us was just walking around Puerto Vallarta. It's beautiful in every direction, and rich in culture. The people were super friendly and we always felt very safe.

We absolutely can't wait to return; and will without any doubt stay again at Playa Fiesta. In the end, there are only two things I can really say: Wow, and Thank you.

Room Tip: The Ocean View Suites are very much worth it!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kacy S
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is such a beautiful place. Everything from the design to the layout to the people is fabulous about this place. The owners are so friendly and helpful and all of the staff is the same.
We spent about 6 days here for a wedding.
It was perfect.
Everything was beautiful, the rooms were all gorgeous and well decorated as well as having really great solid furniture. The pools were incredible and the bar tenders were great too.
The food was unbelievable. This was seriously some of the best food I've had - their chef is amazing and the buffet was always full of great food.
Whether it's for a small wedding party or just yourself, this place is quiet, comfortable and right on the ocean. You can grab a bus to town for 7 pesos (50 cents) or get a cab easily for 70-80 pesos. There are great restaurants in town too you can easily get to. Our wedding party was around 80 people and some stayed up the road at another place and walked down so it worked out great.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MikeVarel
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We attended a wedding and the pre-wedding evenings here. It was fantastic! Perfect! Magical!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family