“Robbed While I Slept!”
Review of Villas Loma Linda

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Villas Loma Linda
Toronto, Canada
“Robbed While I Slept!”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I was robbed while I slept -- my camera, wallet & watch. I was told I should have been locked up!!! This would have meant sleeping in the tropics with no air -- all windows and doors had to be shut. 2 nights later another unit was robbed. The attitude was "The victim is to blame!" I sure won't be staying there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank GARYPK1
SFOFLYBOY, General Manager at Villas Loma Linda, responded to this review, December 17, 2011
Unfortunately the economy in Puero Vallarta is as bad or worse as in the US. We have a large property and if someone wants to get on the property they will find a way. This guest left his doors and windows wide open and his valuables were left in plain site. We provide locking drawers in each villa and we have a safe available in our office for our guests valuables. I don't understand why guests think they can come to another country and ignore the very things they do at home meaning you lock your doors and windows at night time. It is the tropics but in January there is little humidity and the weather is beautiful. Each villa is equipped with multiple ceiling fans that provide more than adequate air at night time. This incident would not have happened if the guest had simply used the locking drawer provided in his villa. We have added extensive razor wire and other deterents around the property and have also added a night time club host so we now have staff on the property around the clock. But once again we must be careful anywhere whether at home or on vacation.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
slc
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I read the reviews before traveling, there were comments about the noise on the street, and the stairs. I was a little concerned... my concerns were for naught. Stairs were manageable and noise, well it is hard to notice when you are sleeping with all walls open to a cool breeze off the pacific. A small downhill trot and and a few stairs will put you on the beach. The zona romantica was charming... perfect! full of local flavor. lovely people, terrific food, whether eating at a local restaurant or cooking up your own fajitas at home. Also, since you are up on the hill, you have the perfect sunset view.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank dwillardsen
Green Bay, Wi
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We traded into Villa Loma Linda thru Interval for the week of April 9 thru 16. There were 5 adults and we had a 2 bedroom/2 bath villa with a full kitchen, livingroom that opened up to a huge patio with a hot tub and a view of Puerto Vallarta that was absolutely incredible. Every night the most beautiful sunsets from our hot tub. What more could you ask for. The front desk was very helpful for directions and calling taxi's for us. Because the Villa is built on a hill there are a lot of steps to deal with but after the first couple of days you get used to them. This Villa is not on the beach but with the 2 pools and our own hot tub we really didn't miss the beach. It is a 10 minute walk to downtown or the beach which really was no big deal.
We were told that this property will be converted to owner occupied only in 3 years, so if you have any desire to trade in I recommend doing it soon.
If you want comfortable, authentic Mexican accomodations, this is the place for you.
A couple of tips: bring potholder's if you plan to cook in. There is a gas grill on the patio and is great for cooking on. There is a huge water cooler with purified water which is replaced as needed so bring canteen's. The bed's are hard so be prepared. Bring ziploc bags for food storage as they have little ants that can into food stuffs.
Call ahead to reserve a hot tub on the patio if you are requesting a 2 bedroom Villa. Not all of them have it. You will pay an extra $100 for the week but we felt it was well worth it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank wpsands
Bucerias, Mexico
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Do NOT stay here! Felt Very unsafe - one break in, right beside us, occurred while the couple were in their unit SLEEPING!!!

• Stayed April 2011
4 Thank Melanie131313
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed December 5, 2010

We exchanged our TimeShare for this unit ...... We were a little concerned with the number of stairs mentioned in other reviews. I didn't count them from our unit 'C1' to the top, but there were many landings to stop and rest when necessary so it was not as big of a problem as I had thought.

C1 was spacious ... huge deck, the hot tub was tiled but a little uncomfortable but nice to sit in at night. Not private but we did not worry about being 'exposed'. Everything is made out of concrete, the couch was a concrete base as was the bed. The mattress was 6 inches of foam and we easily bottomed out making us sore by weeks end. The openness of the unit was great. For us the 'no air conditioning' thing wasn't a problem. The only real problem or annoyance was the amount of street noise. Mexico Hwy 200 is right at the pool edge ... we were 30 ft above but noise rises. Our friends were in the middle of Zona Romantica and they heard all the night clubs ... so it's a trade off.

Victor, who checked us in was very helpful with suggestions. He trekked the suitcases down the hill ... I was glad for the help, he was excellent. The suggested 'TIP' was fine considering the help as was the maid service, she came and went and kept the unit nice and clean. Wireless Internet is available for $25.00 for the week, not bad considering what some hotel charge, I would have preferred it being free.

Overall Villas Loma Linda was a place I would suggest to my friends, they have 4 Studio Units that have great views, If you didn't need the room I would get the studio. The pool doesn't get full sun but there is a great place on the top of D building, infinity pool and areas to sunbathe.. and great Sunsets!. There is no food service on premises or 'Bar'

Food Shopping, unless you need lots of food don't go to Sam's Club or Costco. There is a Walmart next to Sam's but Soriana's or Mega have everything you need and they are closer to Villas LL.

We used Taxis while we were there. I recommend: Jesus Carrillo, he has a 14 passenger Toyota Min-Van lots of room for luggage too ... his Ph# from the USA is 011-521-322-135-3771 or his cell phone is 044-322-135-3771. We never had to wait long and he was there when we asked to get us to the airport.

Lastly ... BRING bug repent especially if you plan on going into the jungle, do the zip lines etc. There are 'No See Ums' ... and they WILL BITE! And bring Benadryl Itch Stopping Gel ... extra strength ... it works great or you will scratch your self silly.

I will post photos when I get them all transferred to my computer.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Michael C
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This was a great vacation myself and a friend and our two mothers went check is was great the unit was B1 74 steps down from street level but few steps to the pool which was a great pool never busy and light salt water. Having non air conditioned units was not to bad 93. degrees most days and i am an air condition junkie, knowing this in advance helps which you are told in advance. The unit we had 2 bdrm 2 bath jacuzzi tub on patio was nice. Very authentic mexican....The 2 workers in the resort were great carried bags to room and called taxis for us and recommended places to eat. We chose to taxi most places because of the hills and steps outside the unit. which being 4 of us came to $1.00 per ride per person Total $4.00. to go to town, of course the farther you go the price goes up a bit. Please do not believe ythe bad reviews on here people this is a nice resort left in a older time period, not a modern resort at all. But clean and nice. I have traveled all around the world and these accommadations were just fine. maid service goog clean towels everyother day as in most times share exchanges, did the dishes swept and dusted and changed linens. I would go back tomorrow, no tv no phone no problem had a cell and had computer with dvd's. Thanks Loma Linda for a Great Time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank tyler111
Florida
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Villa C3 has a fantastic view! No A/C but being on a mountain and keeping the ceiling fans running made it comfortable and even cool at night. The villa is HUGE andbeautiful! Very open, no screens/no need/no bugs. Be prepared to HIKE!! We walked down two flights to the villa, down 3 flights to the pool (which was under repair) then up two flights to the rooftop "infinity pool". It's about hip deep and maybe 10x14 feet, but it was cool and relaxing. There is a bar there, unfortunately it is not open. Front office has sketchy hours and asking them to call for a taxi is hit or miss. There are taxis at the bottom of the steep hill! Walking to town is possible, but it is a STEEP walk and a real workout, lost 5 lbs! We had a hot tub which was great, but it needed tile work. The living area seating was not comfortable and there are no lounge chairs on the beautiful patio, just a table and chairs. The villa was kept very clean. Be prepared to pay a $3 a day maid fee as you leave. We were told in a letter to pay the office staff $20 each for their services, but we did not do it because we rarely saw them and twice our called for taxi did not show up. However, when we did see them, they were friendly and informative. We were asked to allow the villa to be shown for sale and we agreed. We were awakened on our last day by construction on the overhang. Other than that it was very quiet only 5 other guests in the entire complex! Oh, there is no "convenience store" just a rack of chips and cold drinks in the office fridge.
Would I stay here again? Probably not. The view is one I'll never forget; the experience was really unique, and it is sad that such a gorgeous place is so inconvenient. I would only recommend it as good but with lots of challenges.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple