“Tranquil mountain location, challenging golf, best Margaritas”

Vista Vallarta Club de Golf
Vista Vallarta Golf Club
Dallas, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Tranquil mountain location, challenging golf, best Margaritas”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

One afternoon my husband and I played with our traveling friends (another couple) and we thoroughly enjoyed the setting, the course and the pace. We teed off at noon and never waited nor were we pushed. The staff was attentive, the rental clubs were newish ( we're Club Corp Members) and the course sufficiently challenging. The location is beautifully set up in the hills toward the mountains, with great breezes to ensure we were not too warm. We finished our round just in time to take advantage of the Happy Hour Margaritas, which were the best I've had in ages! Again the staff was attentive and we enjoyed the time before returning to Nuevo Vallarta. I recommend this course over any of those by the beaches.

Seattle, Washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Challenging, fun, well maintained courses”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I played one round on the Nicklaus course and one round on the Weiskopf course. Both are similar in terms of layout and conditions and very challenging. I have a nine handicap and preferred the Nicklaus but my playing partner liked the Weiskopf better. Very good condition including the greens and bunkers. Helps to have a caddy (optional) or at least a good strategy as it's easy to hit the ball in the wrong place if you don't think it through. Taxi up there from my hotel in Nuevo Vallarta was about 240 pesos each way. Cabs are waiting for you in the parking lot when you finish, so easy transportation. It saved me a little money to book via the concierge in the hotel. Tee times were pretty easy to get when I was there. I had my own clubs, but my partner rented and they were good quality Taylormade's

Franklin, Indiana
“slow play ruins beautiful golf course”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Vista Vallarta courses is a stunning beauty and is well maintained.

Unforuately the pace of play 30-45 mins per hole completely ruin the experience. We left after 10 holes took over 5 hours to play. We were on pace for a 9 to 10 hour round of golf.

About 6 holes in the Marshell told he knew it slow. Several groups quit early but it made little difference in the pace of play.

If you like standing in the hole sun of other angry golfers this is your place.

We were hit into by the golfers behind us several time.

With the high green fees, club rental $25 cab fare (one way) and one ruined vacation day it was one highest dollar per hole golf game I evered played.

I'm an average weekend golfer shoot in the low 90s. I appreciate that golf is a time consuming sport but this pace of play was completely unacceptable.

Kansas City, Missouri
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Very nice golf near PV”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We played twice in one week here. Once on a each course. The conditions were very good, greens were tough to read and course service was very good. We played El Tigre and I can tell you the Vista Vallarta course are much, much better. Bring your camera too, the views are excellent!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank LetsGo800
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vista golf”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Getting to this course is not easy to find. Way off the beaten path. The course was not well maintained, greens were very dry with brown spots. If you are off the fairway, your ball is lost. Price was not worth the shape of this course. We were very disappointed and will not play it again.

Visited January 2014