“Fun! Must go!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun! Must go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

These guys were funny, entertaining, and took on a great day trip. Snorkeling was awesome, lunch was great, hanging on a tiny non-incorporated beach was fantastic. I wish I'd have known to bring cash so I could have gone horse back riding to the waterfall or paragliding. Next time I will bring pesos and not debit!! Good times!

Colorado SPrings, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Why all of the complaints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have taken the Beach Boy cruise to Los Animas and Quimixto 3 times. Depending on the season you travel you will either get predominantly Spanish or English speaking passengers. If you shop this tour, you can pick up tickets for about $25 USD. This tour leaves the marina in Puerto Vallarta mid morning and cruises to Los Arcos for a short snorkeling stop. It is true that you only get a half hour or so. If you are expecting a coral reef, then go to Cozumel or Australia. You will see colorful fish and relatively clear water, but this is only part of the experience. This is not a snorkeling trip, and the snorkeling is just a little bonus. On to Las Animas and Quimixto. Las Animas is a very small fishing village and the tour boats are their primary enterprise. The company that owns the Beach Boy has their own food establishment as of this year. You will get 3 choices on the lunch menu, they are all good. You can lounge on the beach, however if you are just looking for a beach, go to Nuevo or Bucherias. The beach in Las Animas is OK, but it is not the attraction. I have always gone to the waterfall in Quimixto. I really love Quimixto. It looks as if the clock was wound back 200 years. Old block houses, many with no windows. Primitive electricity. Cobblestone streets. Zero vehicles. Families with street-side shops selling beer, soda and snacks. Chickens and dogs on the street. Iguanas every where. I have never ridden a horse to the waterfall. Maybe a one mile or so walk through the jungle. Beautiful. The waterfall is not remarkable, but beautiful all the same. Fun to swim in the pool right below the waterfall. Cool water, water that feels "thick" I imagine because of the minerals. I love it that my sons have seen life in Quimixto. What it is like to live without all of the gadgets that they spend so much time on. After the waterfall, it's a walk back to the boat (panga) to join the rest of the group, and then after lunch, it's back on the boat for the cruise back to the marina. Yes, the boat is old. Yes, you sit in plastic deck chairs. Yes, the bathrooms are a little funky. Let your hair down and live in the moment. The crew works very hard and I have met the greatest people on this trip. Some of them I can't even verbally communicate with. After snorkeling, when you are on the boat it is an open bar. Not a huge choice of drinks, but if you enjoy an adult beverage and take advantage of it, this trip is the best $25 you could ever spend. My last 2 trips were predominantly Spanish speaking, most of the entertainment was spoken in Spanish. I didn't understand it, but I LOVED it. I laughed, drank and danced all the way back. So, if you are expecting 5 star service. don't take this trip. If you are expecting a yacht, don't take this trip. If you are expecting being catered to, don't take this trip. I have been going to Puerto Vallarta every year for more than 15 years, I am going back next month. Even though I just sailed on the Beach Boy a couple of months ago, I am going again next month. TIPS = bring pesos, you will want to buy something at Las Animas if it's only drinks. Bring closed toed shoes for the hike to the waterfall. You will cross through small creeks 2 or 3 times, your feet will get wet. Remember your swimming suit and towel. Before you head to the marina, stop at the grocery store and buy a bag of frozen peas. You will attract fish by the hundreds when snorkeling. Bring cash ($20 pesos per person) to pay for entrance to the marina, and cash for your taxi ride back to your hotel. Bring snacks and water for your time on the beach. Leave you high expectations at home and enjoy the experience. Like I said, an 8 hour trip, a snack at breakfast time, short snorkeling stop, nice lunch on the beach and an open bar for 5 or 6 hours, plus the entertainment (regardless of the language) all for less than $30. It's almost unbelievable. Tip the crew at the end of the day. They work so hard for so little. Finally, Mexico is not Hawaii. Lighten up and live it!

Visited June 2014
6 Thank jjjjwalker
Rialto, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great for the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

The Beach Boy was lots of fun, they had great entertainment on the boat. It took you to snorkel around some caves and then gave you options of either going to a beach with really clear waters, or to take a hike to a waterfall. We chose to go to the waterfall. It wasn't extremely big but it was a fun hike and a good swim. We later went to eat at the beach, It was a fun relaxing day and there's a little bit of everything for everyone.

Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Full Day of Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

I will start by saying this was a super inexpensive day trip that included A LOT of activities... Boat ride to Los Arcos for snorkeling, then back on the boat to Las Animas (a super pretty beach with turquoise waters!) where you can either stay to do ziplining or jet skiing, OR you can stay on the main boat and go to Quimixto where you take a horse back ride up a mountain to swim in a waterfall (which is what we did, bc how cool is that!?) After Quimixto, you go back to Las Animas for a provided lunch and then get back on the boat to head back to the marina. There is a continental breakfast served at the marina and fruit on the boat.... open bar on the boat after the snorkeling activity as well... Fun music and a great tour guide who points out local attractions in Spanish and English. There are a lot of people who take this cruise, so if you're looking for something intimate and quiet this isn't for you. However, there was plenty of space on the boat and the group wasn't obnoxious or anything, just not a tiny tour group. The ONLY thing I wish I would have known was what to bring and how long we we go between breakfast and lunch. It was a very long day and the light breakfast was at 10 am and lunch didn't happen till around 4:30 pm. If I would've known, I would've brought snacks or something. Also, prepare to bring a backpack or beach bag, bug spray!! (especially if you plan to do the horse ride to the waterfall!), a hat, sunglasses, close toed shoes or watershoes, beach towels, waterproof camera for the snorkeling, extra cash in pesos (you're going to want a cocktail at the restaurant after all the activities - their Micheladas are to die for! - and they only take pesos) Luckily, at the marina, there are places you can purchase all of these things... we just had a lot of these things at our hotel and would've brought them if we had known what to expect! But now YOU know, so go ahead and book this fun filled adventure day!! The staff is super fun so bring some cash to tip them at the end of the day - they deserve it!!

Fort Worth, Texas
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Worst Day EVER!!! Not what we thought!!! READ my review!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

A group of 15 of us spent the day here! It was total disaster! We were told to be there no later than 9:10 but we did not even leave until about 10:30. We were supposed to be back by 5 but did not get back until 7PM. Totally unorganized and nickel and dimed to death!!!!! The staff was nice but I felt the boat was gonna fall apart. One lady sat it a chair and it broke. Plastic worn out chairs and the boat is worn out too. The drinks are very watered down and there was no diet coke only regular. We were told this was a snorkel trip but when we got to the snorkel site, they came over the loud speaker and said no little kids allowed to snorkel and did not have kid masks. There were only 3 different kids of fish and no reef. We snorkel at some huge rock formations with cave like feel. Then we went to the next stop…..we were told that we could either go to the waterfall or to the beach but couldn't do both. My kids wanted to jet ski and do the waterfall but decided on jet ski instead. Some of my friends stayed on the boat to be taken to the waterfall and I got off to take pictures. My husband and I got in the water, took picts of the kids on the jet ski's and I noticed my friends just sitting out on the boat waiting to go to the place to get on the waterfall trail. I had a small boat take me back to the beach boy and go do the waterfall. When I got back on the boat, we still sat there another 20 min. Not sure why. We were told the horses were $20 each and the kids could ride with parents. Not true….once we got to the trail, each person had to have their own horse. So, we had to pay another $20 each for the kids horses. We did the waterfall which was nice. I would not recommend hiking up. Rent the horse!!! Then we boarded back on the Beach boy and went to the beach and rejoined our group. IT was time for lunch except it was after 4:30. We had to scarf down our lunch which was excellent. I had the fish. It did not include a drink. So, we have a lunch with no drink. Did not know the coke was not included. Left without paying and they chased us down the beach and charged us $25 for 5 cokes that the kids didn't even have time to drink as the boat was leaving. Horrible horrible horrible day. We wanted a snorkel tour and got a bad deal instead and the little ones could not even snorkel. STAY AWAY!!! I have done a lot of reviews and always have an open mind. But please, listen to me on this one!!!!!! My kids who are in their late teens were very disappointed in the snorkel and the fact that they had to choose. I still do not know why the boat stayed out in the ocean for over an hour after everyone was taken to the beach in smaller boats. This tour should have dropped off the waterfall group first and then the rest of the group to the beach. There were about 300 on the boat and only 40 that wanted to go to the waterfall. The 40 had to wait until the 260+ were dingy boated to the beach and then sit in the water forever in the heat before they were taken to the trail. Totally crazy!!!

2 Thank Dalestacey