“Once, Twice, Three times....”

Figueroa's Burritos
Ranked #242 of 1,020 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: The restaurant we had planned to visit was closed and so was our favourite taco stand. While walking to our next favourite taco stand we came upon this restaurant. What great luck. It was visually attractive with interesting touches here and there. A very casual and relaxed atmosphere. I had probably the best meat burrito I have ever eaten. My friend was equally pleased with her choice. We both had 'agua fresca' which happened to be tamarind water, delicious. Total bill for the two of us was under $10. Definitely a restaurant to put on my repeat list.
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Once, Twice, Three times....”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

One of our new favorites! We don’t go to restaurants more than once each trip very often, but Figueroa's deserved a second visit. And a third from my kids. Three days in a row in fact! Our first visit was breakfast. Great huevos rancheros and of course burritos! Our second visit was for lunch and our family had the fajitas and the steak burrito. I have had ALOT of fajitas in this town and I think Figueroa's has the best. My kids went back the third day for breakfast with some friends of ours and they all loved their meals. Overall, Figueroa's is really delicious, serves generous portions and the price can’t be beat. Service was top-notch as well. An all around excellent restaurant!

1 Thank pv4ever
Amaro B, Owner at Figueroa's Burritos, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I know this response is a little late as I do not check tripadvisor often, however, I wanted to say that it was truly our pleasure having you and your family visit our place. As we say here in Mexico Mi Casa es tu Casa and Luis and I look forward to seeing your family again on your next trip.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“The Best Burritos South of the Border and More”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

When I first discovered Figeroa's, it was a small hole in the wall about 10 feet by 10 feet with a four burner stove and a refrigerator and sink. There were two white plastic chairs outside and if those were filled you had to sit on the curb to eat your burrito. What kept me coming back was that although I was a big fan of California Burritos, Figeroa's were better than any I'd had in California.

Fast forward to today. At the beginning of last season he moved into the corner space which had lots of room for tables, 2 couches with coffee tables and a decent kitchen. I went there today for a burrito and they have revamped the space and put in a bigger kitchen with a full sized professional restaurant stove with 6 burners and a griddle. The couches are gone to make way for more tables.

Figeroa's has a very typical comida corrida (food on the run) menu. They have all the traditional Mexican breakfasts as well as the American breakfast staples. For lunch, comida corrida consists of a daily special which consists of a hearty soup or stew with rice, beans, hot tortillas and an agua fresco. Agua frescos are usually made from some type of fruit, water and a little sugar. All of this comes with the special lunch price. This is a very typical Mexican lunch, home cooked food for people on the run.

The Burritos however are my favorite thing at Figeroa's. For 45 pesos ($3.61) you get a massive burrito that I often share with a friend. There is a long list of things you can have in your Burrito from vegetarian options to several meat options. My current favorite is the carnitas Burrito. Carnitas is pork that has been cooked in fat until it is shredded and delicious.

This is a place that us "locals", gringoes and Mexicans love and frequent, but I've noticed this year that the visitors have discovered it. As we say in Spanish: Bienvenidos (welcome).

1 Thank waywuwei
Olympia, Washington
“Figueroa's Burritos Restaurant/Cafe”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place is a really simple, no frills, great service neighborhood style restaurant that serves very good Mexican style food at very reasonable prices. It is on the corner of Carranza and Constitucion and it is a local favorite! Try their comida corrida or lunch special Mexican style it is always a soup and some type of stewed meat and agua fresca (flavored cold water). For the price, you won't be sorry!

This place is about more than food. It is about a busy neighborhood community and the people living there. Stop in and see the cab driver or the shop owner that just served you having lunch or afternoon snacks. A great way to see how the locals eat and drink!

1 Thank bellagio00
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Restaurant for traditional Mexican Food!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This restaurant has expanded from a hole in the wall place to a great little restaurant. The service is friendly and the food is excellent! I had tacos doratos and my dining companion had nachos. We were both delightfully surprised at how well prepared and delicious the food was. We both plan to come back. Little touches made the food a dining delight.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Ohrr
Portland, Oregon
“Tasty, affordable food and friendly staff”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

What's not to like? Figueroa's features very reasonably priced tasty daily specials, friendly staff, and a wealth of tasty menu items to choose from. Unlike many of the touristy dining choices, this one won't flatten your wallet.

I highly recommend the shrimp burrito - loaded with fresh veggies and shrimp, this thing was one of the freshest and tastiest things I ate during my visit.

• Visited January 2013