“Best for lunch”

Ranked #232 of 999 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The restaurant we had planned to visit was closed and so was our favourite taco stand. While walking to our next favourite taco stand we came upon this restaurant. What great luck. It was visually attractive with interesting touches here and there. A very casual and relaxed atmosphere. I had probably the best meat burrito I have ever eaten. My friend was equally pleased with her choice. We both had 'agua fresca' which happened to be tamarind water, delicious. Total bill for the two of us was under $10. Definitely a restaurant to put on my repeat list.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Best for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Delicious, fresh food, with daily specials priced so reasonably there's no reason not to eat there every day.

Visited January 2013

Portland, Oregon
“The Best Burritos and othere great choices as well!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

This wonderful new addition to Puerto Vallarta is a gem. It is very reasonable and everything I have had here has been top notch. The burritos are a meal, your big meal of the day, make sure and have the verde sauce and queso added to the top, yum yum! My favorites are the delicious pork or chicken burittos. I will continue eating here and make an effort to sample more choices, it is just hard not to order one of those monster burritos. The burritos come with a nice side salad and cost about $4.25 US.

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Mexican Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Luis makes great Mexican dishes everyday. The Soups are good and prices are very reasonable...it is always busy!

Visited December 2012
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Dropping in quality a little after my last lunch there.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

The waitress didn't seem to know the menu and what was being served as the meal of the day... Fried chicken was really chicken stew. Our spanish was fine too, I think the owners are not on premise as much as they were in the past. Becoming an average, with pleasant decor, local comida corrida. Not as great a value as other times. The hibiscus tea was good and it was included with the meal. I had a bowl of beef soup. To tough to eat the meat. Broth was okay. Still not an unpleasant place for a cheap meal but nothing special or particularly good. Still seems popular.

• Visited November 2012
Amaro B, Owner at Figueroa's Burritos, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Good Afternoon SirenanathalieNYC,

I apologize for the lengthy response but I wanted to thank you for your honest opinion and wanted to touch upon a few points of your second visit at our restaurant.

This last week Luis and I have had a few staffing issues. I know this does not matter to the casual tourist/visitor, however, most of our guest have understood the situation. This may be why your second visit the "waitress" did not understand our menu or know the special. She was in fact, not a waitress and was helping us in a time of need. Right now we are in the process of training, but, are gracious that Luis's family has offered the help during this small rough patch.

I was the "Chatty Waiter" who help you last time and even though I didn't feel the need at the time to point out that I was indeed Luis's Husband and Part Owner, I do want to point it out now so you understand our dedication to creating the best experience possible for all of our guests who many we consider personal friends.

As for the meal, I can only assume that there was a miscommunication about our special of the day. Our comida corridas are typically what we “Northerners” call Stews which include a soup of the day and an Agua Fresca for 45pesos. Our Fried Chicken known as “Milinessa” is on our main menu (also $45pesos) but is not apart of the commida corrida. Being that Soup and Agua Fresca was included in your meal, I am lead to believe that the "waitress" misunderstood your order and brought you a Commida Corrida.

I will discuss this with her so that she is more careful in the future and would ask that you please, at any time, feel comfortable to tell any of our staff or Luis himself that you did not receive what you ordered. It is important to us that the customer leaves full and happy.

I did want to touch on the fact that our concept is misunderstood by the casual visitor and that our customer base who have made us the popular lunch spot is 90 to 95% local Expats and Nationals who live here a good portion of the year often eating with us almost daily.

Visitors to our beautiful city are more then welcome to come and enjoy our little restaurant although they may not understand the entire concept or full experience of our restaurant.

If you are looking for a fun, little no frills, Gay operated and owned, local’s hang out with great local style food, reasonable prices, and good company We are the spot!!! If you are looking for a full service restaurant with all the bells a whistles at a $4 usd price, I am afraid you probably won’t enjoy the place as much. =(

Once again I do indeed value your opinion about our place and invite you to contact me on our facebook page, by email, or by speaking with Luis at the restaurant personally (he is always in the kitchen as he the owner and our one and only cook but he also asks that you feel comfortable to speak to him in person) and we will be happy to discuss the visit with you in detail to solve any issues during your visits.

Amaro Kai Brown & Luis Figueroa
Figueroa's Burritos Owners
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“This is becoming a very popular restaurant with expats and locals - good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I like that you can have a whole comida of the day for 45 pesos. Includes a juice of the day, soup which was a rich tortilla soup (yummy) and some stewed pork tips with vegetables, rice and beans. Cute, casual friendly environment. The waiter was as chatty and friendly as could be. Just shows a new place can start in a bad economy and do very well. A great combination of doing the right things. Great value, tasty food and friendly in the know atmosphere. Purely Mexican food. Discounts program buy 5 burritos and get one free.
On a budget this is your place to have a good time and leave very full.

• Visited September 2012