“My favorite gallery and wonderful classes”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Arte 550

Arte 550
Syracuse, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“My favorite gallery and wonderful classes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

Two winters ago my husband and I happened upon this gallery in old town Vallarta which shows and sells both ceramics and paintings done by the two women artists/owners. We loved all the art we found there (and the fact that the prices are more reasonable than many of the other galleries). By chance, there was a small tile painting class going on and I soon signed up for the next class where I was able to create a painted 6-tile picture to use as a small table top in just one day. Pat Gawle, the teacher/artist does beautiful tile work (in addition to fanciful and wonderful ceramics) and makes sure all the students have a successful outcome. I enjoyed the class and my production and couldn't wait to do it again this past winter, which I did. She also does a multi-day clay class which I hope to take next year and her partner Kathleen gives painting classes which my friend took and highly recommends.

1 Thank Luv2leave

Elgin, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tile painting and ceramic clay classes for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

I was initially attracted to Arte 550 Gallery ( www.yourartadventure.com ) when I walked in and saw the creative and stunning tile paintings and ceramic/clay sculptures four years ago. I saw students working in a beautiful and intimate indoor/outdoor space. I had no experience in ceramics and very little art background , other than art appreciation. I signed up and found myself in a class with students with a wide range of experiences and talent. I felt comfortable from the beginning. Patricia and the other students were supportive and stimulating.
Because I have rheumatoid arthritis and my hands are arthritic, I wasn't sure I could even participate. Patricia was enabling. When I do have arthritis issues and need to use different approaches, she unobtrusively guides me.
I love learning the techniques and processes. She encourages us to tap into our own ideas and imagination. I can't wait to begin my fourth year of classes when I return to PV next winter.

2 Thank SueBrigham
Nanaimo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ARTE 550 art Gallery provides an exceptional art experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

What a wonderful vacation/art experience I had in PV. I discoverd the "ARTE 550" gallery on the Wednesday night art walk. At the gallery I met Patricia Gawle, a gifted artist, sculptor and art teacher. Her work is displayed in the gallery. Inspired by her work, I signed up for clay sculpture lessons with her. She offers lessons to would be artists like me.

What an awesome experience I had. I participated in 7- 2 1/2 hr. sculpture classes, with half a dozen other students. We had a blast! The gallery/studio provides a welcoming environment for students to meet and bond while learning to create in clay mediums.
I created two sculptures; one of which was raku fired in El Tuito, Mex. under Pat's excellent mentoring.

My experience with ARTE 550 and Pat made my vacation one of the best I have ever had. I am now "turned on" and inspired to express myself with clay sculpture for the rest of my life. I recommend you check out ARTE 550 Gallery for fine art pieces and/or courses that Pat offers. Her art is awesome, only surpassed by her teaching skill. She can work with anyone at any artistic level (beginners and experienced artist excel). All you need is a desire to create. If you act on this recommendation we may meet next January. I will be enrolling in another class next January. Adios, amigos

Colin from Vancouver Canada.

1 Thank Colin F