“PLAZAMAR” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plazamar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Vallarta
Plazamar
You added Plazamar to your Saves list
Ranked #74 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Kansas City, Missouri
“PLAZAMAR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great condos! Great prices! Great location to beach and Zona Romantica. Very, very clean. Jeff was very easy to work when I needed to downgrade to a smaller room. I felt safe 100% of the time. What more could you want???

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JefferyPsota

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in 203 for 4 years, 6-8 weeks at a time. Loved the location and access to the beach and local restraunts. The view of the ocean however, is blocked by the bars on the beach.
The not so good part was the noise from the Burro's Bar and the drunk people walking home from the bars at all hours of the night. It started with the employer of the Burro Bar screaming at his employees every morning about 7:30 AM. If you noticed, the kitchen to bar is directly below the balcony of #203 and the smells from the kitchen are atroshis, especially when they cleaned the grills about 9:30 every night. So we had to make sure the doors to the terrace were closed at that time. We talked to other tenants on either side of us in the building and they did not have the smell problems. So if you are planningto to stay at the PlazaMar, we suggest you stay on the Third floor or higher. We have since moved to a condo where is is much quieter and only a block from the beach.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Canadian T
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you are looking for a condo in PV, look no further. I was here for a week last year (first time in PV) and am now here for two weeks. Last year there were two of us and we stayed in the corner unit on the fifth floor. It was spectacular. The large wraparound terrace was a delight. It is very spacious and affords ocean and mountain views. It was also well equipped with very comfortable outdoor furniture to enjoy breakfast or sunsets.

This year I am here solo, and when I first started thinking about a vacation this was the first destination that came to mind. I am in a one-bedroom at the end so it is very quiet. (It is also low season.) The building is very secure, which I appreciate as a solo female traveller, and ideally located. It is also very clean and well maintained.

I was a bit skeptical booking online for the first time last year but everything exceeded my expectations. I also highly recommend dealing with Jeff Musto. I suspect I will be back next year as well. Thanks Jeff!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for a better view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank tohearncanada
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have been coming to Puerto Vallarta for over 15 years and this is the 5th place I have stayed at. This is where I will continue staying as it is by far the best in so many ways. Location, location, location, what more can be said. Beachfront with spectacular ocean and city views. The city views are breathtaking because the Old Town of Vallarta is buit up a bowel that cascades into the sea. Many restaurants are all within walking distance as are many bars with all kinds of nightlife. WE stayed in Jeff Musto's unit 306 March 2011 which was very well maintained. I enjoy cooking and every utensil I needed was available. The king size bed was comfortable and there was ample closet space as I am a heavy packer. The room was cleaned very well every other day. There is a large gas grill on the rooftop next to the pool that is available for a small fee. Ah the rooftop pool! The plantings are very well maintained but I must admit that the water was a bit cool but very refreshing if you got too hot while sunbathing. The views from there were wonderful and there was a community fridge which was convienent if you wanted to keep some beer cold. I don't spend all day in the sun like I used to so the covered area was a real treat. I could drag my chaise under the roof and still enjoy the pool and roof top views. There are 2 washers and 2 dryers on this floor which we used mainly for our beach towels and beach shorts and T shirts.

The building is very secure as the front gate is locked at all times. You must ring a bell and then the person at the front desk buzzes you in. There is a computer in the loby that is available for a nominal fee. WE had a laptop so we did not use it but I saw others did. There is a small central courtyard that is well planted and is a nice place to gather if you are going out with others from Plaza Mar for a night of merry making. The entire building is kept very clean which is no small task since most people keep their windows and doors open. Speaking of doors, all units have an iron grill which locks over the front door so you can leave the door open for cross ventilation. WE felt totally secure and are anxious to return to what I feel is the best location in PV. WE were there during the "owners annual meeting" so we got to meet several of them. They all seemed to take pride in the building and in their unit.

This year we are returning in Oct for 3 weeks. Several years ago I went the in Oct and there were spectacular thunder storms in the evening with wonderful lightning effects. I am hoping for a return performance as the views from the balconys would be superb. I have stayed several times at another large complex very very near Plaza Mar and it does not compare in so many little ways. Plaza Mar is a star in the crown of the Romantic Zone.

Robert

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms have ocean views only. Side rooms have ocean views and city views. I prefered th...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank enrique2
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Our stay was wonderful – and so very relaxing. The town seemed a bit quiet for the season, but that’s exactly how we like it. We also stopped in a few times at Page In the Sun. I couldn’t spot your cousins, but enjoyed some pastries and dropped off the many magazines I brought with me and read during our trip.

With respect to your unit, it truly felt like home. You have all the right amenities to get settled in quickly. My husband was very appreciative of the extended cable channels considering the NCAA college basketball tournaments were in play during our visit. Not all area condos have that – he was very excited.

And you were right, you’ve made several upgrades to the kitchen and bathroom that really make a difference – it’s been completely transformed and the new bathroom tiles look great.

We’re planning another trip for next year to 406.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jenny406
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We have rented Plaza Mar #605 in the past, looking forward to our second visit next month. Great beach, easy part of town, affordable (?) and nicely appointed condo. We will return.

Room Tip: There are various condos available in this building, we rent from the Puerto Vallarta Properties web...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank curtphoto d
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed here Dec 25 through Jan 08,2011 and loved everything about the place. For that reason we stayed there again May 21 through the 29th, 2011 in condo #404. The place is huge but wasn't as clean as it could have been. My family and I attributed this to being there in low season. Since it was a weekend, it took two days for maintenance and housekeeping to take care of our list of problems but they did.
Then, three days later the termites moved into the master bedroom. I was told by the front desk, "They won't hurt you. They always come out this time of the year. No, you can not sleep in another condo and we don't have blow-up beds or Raid. Put on the air conditioner, open the outside doors so they can leave, and leave the lights on. They don't like that."
None of his ideas worked and my 4y/o grandchild refused to sleep in that room, since they were crawling all over the headboard and mattress. Therefore, four people were forced to sleep in the smaller bedroom on the other side of the condo, next to the hallway. It was so sparce, even the bugs stayed away. A beautiful vacation turned into, we can't wait to leave.
I read that other people moved in 2 days after we left and marvelled "at how clean the condo was". Guess why??

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Eloisa Hotel
#73 of 126 in Puerto Vallarta
3.5 of 5 stars 155 reviews
Emperador Vallarta Beachfront Hotel & Suites
Emperador Vallarta Beachfront Ho...
#59 of 126 in Puerto Vallarta
3.5 of 5 stars 268 reviews
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa
Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Reso...
#27 of 126 in Puerto Vallarta
Villa Mercedes Petit Hotel
Villa Mercedes Petit Hotel
#23 of 126 in Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 stars 214 reviews

Been to Plazamar? Share your experiences!