Mayan Palace Puerto Vallarta
Flamingo Vallarta Hotel & Marina(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$82
$49
$338
$284
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$631
$196
$432
$220
  • Pool
Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$207
$145
Bookit.com
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$117
$113
  • Beachfront
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
$352
$324
1,015 results
All reviewsbakal restaurantmarina locationvidanta resortmain buildinghigh pressureocean viewrci exchangesunset barrestaurants and shopssales pitchone bedroom unitthe check in processliving areasmaller resortcoffee potcity tournice resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The resort has an impressive entrance, it's beautiful, clean, lots of pools, the grounds are well kept, and we had a very spacious 1 bedroom suite, with a soaker tub, big shower, a patio cool pool, full kitchen, dinning room/living room, and lots of room ! The Bell hops were so great, helped with groceries, etc. They offer a few different restaurants, drinks at the pool were great, and the waiters were hard working and so friendly! Great for couples or families. Everyone around is friendly. You do have to get out early in the morning to find where you want to go sit by the pool, because people leave their towels on them early. We really enjoyed our stay here except for the Timeshare presentation! ( Worst experience of our life! A couple of the sales people were actually rude. They did everything to make you buy! When they said we were done, & were going to get our gift, they had us sit down with another salesperson.) My advice, just don't go unless you are ready, have researched ahead of time for this resort, that this IS where you'd like to buy. Then your presentation experience will probably be more pleasant. We don't like surprises, and for the gifts we got; even though the brunch was fabulous food, the time on our trip was more valuable. Which is sad, because the rest of it was SO good! The people who work there, are really nice and friendly. We had gotten this place through Living Social, went in March, and even though it seemed busy, it was a very enjoyable week, at a majestic, beautiful resort and worth your money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YadrankaT
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Mayan Palace as a timeshare exchange and enjoyed it thoroughly. It was clean, service was attentive but not overwhelming. The room (we had a two bedroom) was very spacious and nicely decorated. The kitchenette was sufficient and well stocked. We walked to the Mercado Commercial and bought breakfast, snack and lunch items which made the visit economical. The Mexican buffet was superb with some authentic Mexican dishes. It is easy to catch the local buses from outside the hotel which is the cheapest way to go. Seven pesos is a deal!

The downside was the timeshare pressure but we insisted we were not interested (which was fairly well accepted) and thought our room was awesome. When you sat on the couch or lied on the bed, you could only see palm trees and mountains, a marvelous view. Walking through the marina is more timeshare and purchase pressure but if you are pleasant and keep walking, you can get over it.

I would suggest to the hotel that:
1. they get a recreation leader who is more adept at getting people to participate in activities as there was little to know participation, hence no activities. I would also recommend doing more with "culturalizing" the place with Latin music and more Mexican educational and cultural activities.
2. when the receptionist is asked for a higher floor or ocean view, do not lie and say those rooms are not available, then pass the guest to a timeshare person who says you CAN move to better rooms IF you attend the time share presentation. The place was QUITE empty and I think the rating would be a five if guests were better accommodated.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank LaurieTJ
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We just visited here for the timeshare presentation. Resort looked amazing and the beach was nice. DO NOT GO TO THE TIMESHARE PRESENTATION!!!! Google "Vida Experience" first. It was the worst experience of our trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Dustin78
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I got a free week at the Mayan Palace Marina Vallarta for signing up for a vacation club. I had a 2-bedroom suite all to myself (none of my friends or family could make the trip -- I asked everybody I knew!) for seven nights, May 10-14. I couldn't have asked for a better vacation. Check-in was a breeze; I arrived around 3 p.m. but they didn't make me wait until 5. Yes, they mentioned the timeshare pitch and offered me a "tour" of the other properties, but they weren't pushy (I am a single soon-to-be full-time student who is already in a vacation club that's sort of like timeshare, so not really a good target). They let me go without a fuss. I got two phone calls the next morning that I assume were from the timeshare people that I ignored, and that was that. Married couples may have a different experience.

I had a marina view on the third floor of the main building, which was fine. I didn't spend much time in the room other than to sleep. I had no problem with the mattress or pillows (I like a firm mattress, though). It was nice to have the mini-fridge, which I stocked with water and soda from the OXXO across the street. The maids were very thorough, and the turndown service was a nice touch.

At check-in they typically put a $500-$600 charge on your credit card to cover your food and beverage expenses during your stay. I bargained them down to $300, then to $0 because I had only brought my debit card and apparently getting that refunded takes like 2 months on a debit card. Thumbs up there! I just paid with my card as I went along. The only place I used it was at the swim-up bar; I didn't try any of the other restaurants or bars. Hit the swim-up bar (which is, refreshingly, in the shade!) between 4 and 5 or 7 and 8 to get the 2-for-1 happy hour (not good on beer, sadly). The nachos and shrimp tacos are good. I never made it past the bar to the beach, so I can't comment on that! I know people have said the pool was too cold, but the temperature was perfect when I was there. Maybe it depends on the season. There were occasionally kids in the adult pool (which has the swim-up bar), but most of them got chased off by security. A few iguanas ventured out to scavenge by the lounge chairs. I thought that was cool. Guard your food or the birds will descend on it, though!

Taxis were always available promptly. The concierge was helpful and printed my boarding passes for free. I didn't bother with the expensive Wi-Fi; just go to the Marina and use the free Wi-Fi there or go across the street to the coffee shop. The shops and restaurants at the Marina are an easy walk. It's about a 70 peso cab ride into downtown, or the bus stops right in front of the hotel and costs 6.5 pesos and will drop you right in the center of the action.

Nothing about the hotel looked old or out of date to me. I must have been in one of the updated rooms. I had no problems with noise, no safety issues, no weird smells, nothing but the most relaxing vacation I've had in a very, very long time. I will be returning -- hopefully soon! Bartolo at the bar had better warm up the blender for my pina colada!

Room Tip: Marina view rooms in the main building overlook the street, but it's not a very busy street and there isn't much noise. Ask for a higher floor so you can get a better view if that matters to you.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank erdehoff
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is an older property, but well maintained. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms were very clean. The staff is so kind and attentive. They followed up on any of our requests. Painting was being done in a room below us and once we reported the fumes bothering us a man was sent from maintenance and immediately stopped the painting, Ignacio, the concierge, saved the day when my daughter left behind her computer in the lobby on checkout day, and throughout our stay made sure things were enjoyable, Pickup at the airport and transportation to the hotel went smoothly. I have to agree with other reviewers regarding the front desk staff...some of them were not the friendliest or most helpful. And the timeshare sales people are really persistent and start to get a little nasty as you reject their offers...but I guess everyone has to make a living. We used the bus several times to get into town and to Sayulita. The bus makes stops right in front of the hotel so it is very convenient. Also, we used taxis which were always conveniently available. It seemed like one of the bars on the property always had a two for one drink special going on. The Mayan has an adults only pool area with a swim up bar. The beach area was nice, with palapas for shade seekers. Tacos and Beer restaurant across the street provides wifi and good, inexpensive food.

Room Tip: The rooms which overlook the marina, rather than the ocean, are located right over the entrance and can be quite noisy with the comings and goings of taxis, bellhops, etc.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family