“A hidden treasure” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Fonda Steak & Sea Food
Ranked #242 of 984 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A hidden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have been to La Fonda several times and the food has always been excellent. This year when a friend came to visit she only had a couple of requests of things to do- one was to go to La Fonda for coconut shrimp with mango sauce. The interior courtyard is quiet and restful- perfect for either lunch or dinner.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ScreenNamesAreCrazy

Alberta
“A Quaint and Friendly Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Do dine here. The attentive service is second to none. But be prepared to wait. It is an "experience" as opposed to dinner. Drink some wine, visit with your companions and then tuck into some of the best homestyle cooking on the area. The crab enchiladas - to die for. And the same can be said of the tortilla soup. The fish special comes disguised as a tinfoil turkey and the bacon wrapped shrimp are so fine. The stuffed chicken breast - delicious. And the seafood soup is a dish I can say I have never eaten down here before. Everything was worth a return visit. Our host was gracious and kind... It truly felt like he was delighted to have us as his guests. Would I return? In a heartbeat. Would I recommend it. Absolutely. However, we did have small children with us for whom the service was too slow. Next time we will make it an adults only event. And there will be a next time. We are impressed. And happy. And full. Thank you La Fonda.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank TraveljaneAlberta
Chicago, Illinois
“A must if you're in PV!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

My mom and I stumbled upon this restaurant while walking down Basilio Badillo one night. The food looked great from the window so even though there were only a couple Trip Advisor reviews we decided to give it a try. I'm glad we did. The food was amazing and the staff was incredibly nice.
I got the mahi mahi special while my mom got the Veracruz fillet and both were great. This is one of the best meals we had this week. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are looking for great food at a reasonable price.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Charel M
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Excellent food and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Three of us went to la Fonda on Saturday 7th December for dinner and had an excellent meal.
I had "Filete Fonda" which was mahi-mahi steamed in an envelope of aluminum foil with aromatic herbs and a few finely chopped vegetables, served with rice and more vegetables. It was one of the best meals I've had in PV this winter.
My wife had gingered shrimps and said that they were very tasty. They were served with rice and vegetables too.
Our friend ordered shrimps in a cream and chipotle sauce and had a similar opinion.
Our three drinks were a margarita, a beer and a michelada. We didn't have room for dessert and coffee.
Including the tip the total bill was 700 pesos...$60. Excellent value.
The service was friendly and efficient.
We would definitely return to La Fonda

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank John W
Vancouver, Canada
“Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Yummy yummy food. We ordered the shared platter and everything was delicious. They don't take VISA, so bring cash. Our meal for 4 with lots of wine was $1000 pesos. Definitely worth the trip!

Visited November 2013