“great experience”

Vallarta Surf Guide
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf lesson, surf tours, stand up paddle lesson, rentals.
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Jose and Javier took my family along with another group of 4 people two weeks ago. It was a great experience. We went to a nice beach south of Punta Mita. They kept a ratio of 3-4 people in the water with one guide, and then just rotated who was in the water, and let us surf until we were all exhausted.

WAY BETTER THAN VALLARTA ADVENTURES - that outfit just puts 12-15 people in the water all at once (they were beside us, so we saw this) and they would bang into each other for half an hour, and then leave.

Jose and Javier were great with our kids - really supportive and good technical advice. My son (12 years) needed a bit more help to get going, but by the end he was consistently catching waves (ok, they were small, but we still loved it). Perfect balance of safety aware, but also letting us figure out our comfort zone.

We all went for a nice lunch together afterwards - very easy guys to hang out with. We had such a good time, we went back again a few days later and had just as much fun. Can't recommend them enough.
Chris & Kristin

"skill level"
in 3 reviews
"taco stand"

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Had an amazing day with Chuy. Thanks for such a special time. Great surfing, excellent company and a super fun time. I highly recommend these guys.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Communication and setting up the tour/ lesson was easy and pleasant. Javier and Jose were professional and friendly. It was a great group and we enjoyed a great lunch together after at a local restaurant.

LESSON: I didn't need a lesson, just a ride to a beach and a board - Jose let me use his board which was perfect (even though I thought it was too small at first). The other people on the tour seemed quite content with the instruction and I saw several getting up and ridding waves.

BEACH: the beach was great - not very crowded at all (private beach w/ just surfers). There was a great area near the beach perfect for beginners and I enjoyed the break further out all to myself with nice semi - long/ fun rides. There's not a lot of shade (if any) on the beach if someone is coming along to just watch.

***PICKUP: b/c I was going on the tour/ lesson by myself and b/c some taxi drivers/ tour groups said it wasn't a good idea, I was a bit apprehensive about the meeting place (the OXXO on the way to Brucerias), but it was completely legitimate and understandable given the taxi/ hotel "regulations".

Reviewed March 17, 2014

These guys were really great. There was only 4 of us a nice small group and 2 instructors. 2 of us would go at a time so you would get a small break in between. We were in the water for a good couple hours. They picked us up about 10 min from our hotel and dropped us off right at our hotel on the way back. We didn't do any small town or lunch spot at the end and that is why I am only giving a 4. All in all they were very good and we all got up on the boards. The spot was so beautiful. I would likely use them again!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I went on a getaway with a friend who surfs. She was looking for a guide to point out a good beach. I was looking for a first time lesson. Chuy picked us up a block away from the hotel and drove about 45 minutes to a very quiet beach. My friend took off into the waves and enjoyed herself while I got a 1:1 lesson. We basically got right into the water and I had plenty of time to practice and get tired before a crew from another surf school showed up and took over the beach. Because we were staying at an all-inclusive resort, we didn't stop for fish tacos, but I wish we had.