“A must do!”

Vallarta Surf Guide
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf lesson, surf tours, stand up paddle lesson, rentals.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must do!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

While vacationing in Punta de Mita, in La Quinta del Sol, our wonderful hosts arranged a surf lesson with Jose for our 9 year old. Jose is amazingly friendly & charismatic person and a fantastic trainer. He is extremely accommodating, has got all you can possibly need, including the boards. He picks you up and takes you to some most beautiful beaches. Jose covered every possible detail in an on-land training session and took our son in the water. Having never done this before, he had a blast and rode quite a few waves. After 3 hours with Jose he was an addict and we had no choice but to be back the next morning! Tempting as it was we had to resist the urge of taking the lesson ourselves since we wanted it to be our son's big moment - - we are saving it for our return trip though! Watching Jose in the water ride waves and interact with our son was quite an experience! We have most pleasant memories of meeting him and spending time with him on the shores of Punta de Mita!

Visited August 2012

winnipeg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“First-time Surfers had a Blast!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I have been to PV several times so we really wanted to do something different on our latest trip. We are so glad we chose lessons with Vallarta Surf Guide because it was the highlight of our vacation. Daniel picked us up at our resort and drove us up to Punta de Mita where we met Jose and headed off to a beautiful secluded beach nearby. Jose worked with our 6-year-old son while Daniel worked with my wife and I. Jose and Daniel were great teachers and offered lots of encouragement and feedback. It was great spending the day with them. Our son loved the experience. We're in our early 40s and had never surfed before.

1 Thank The_Man
Alameda, California
“Stand UP paddle!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had an AMAZING time with SUP ( stand up Paddling )

Jose was very helpful and sweet great lunch too!!

laura

aka LT

Visited August 2012
Alameda, California
“It was a great experience!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

It was my first time stand up paddle board surfing. I thought I'd give it a try and do something fun and new while I was visiting Vallarta. The water was so warm and calm in the morning. Jose was a super fun instructor that got right down to business and had my friend and I standing up on the board with in minutes. He was super attentive and gave us a good workout along old Vallarta beach. While we were SUPing we saw a turtle, a dolphin and butterflies. It was a great experience. I liked how the lesson ended with a nice lunch right at the fabulous beach club we started it.

Visited July 2012
Orange County, CA
“Rented SUP Boards”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We rented SUP boards for the day and it could not have been easier. We paid $70 USD per day and the boards were delivered and picked up at our home. A representative stayed for a minute to give the newbies a quick lesson and then we were off. We had a blast exploring conchas chinas beach via stand up paddle board and found the experience working with Vallarta Surf Guide delightful.

Visited July 2012