Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
$273
$269
$184
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
$500
$400
Official Hotel
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$423
$140
  • Pool
$168
$81
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$129
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
2,711 results
All reviewsla ceibamaster suiteneck massagehoneymoon suitesister hotel next doorglass of champagnepillow menupool bareuropean planall inclusive planall inclusive packageminute massagesmall hoteljacuzzi on the balconybreakfast and lunchsister propertyclose to downtown
Reviewed September 16, 2005

me & my wife were on our honey moon at this exotic spot from Aug22nd - Aug 26th. We were on the 3rd floor (honey suites w/ private jacuzzi in the balcony) & our experience throughout the entire stay was absolutely outstanding!
Below are few things which we learnt during our first visit to Puerto Vallarta & at our stay at Villa Premier
1) Beaware! of the warm hospitality at the airport from all the tour guides - most of them are just outhere to con you!
2) Do not take private cabs (white) charges ad hoc $ 15 & higher - take the bridge across from the airport where you exit & look out for yellow cabs...they are way cheaper & reliable ( pay no more than $6 )
3) While checkin at the front desk make sure you get all your complimentary coupons upfront - no tacit understnading please! After lot of negotiating I had to pay 20 % of all the breakfast orders eventhough it was all inclusive in my final deal.
4) Any major issues with the services - pls directly reach Mr. Milan (Resident Manager) very professional & will resolve any issues in matter of minutes!
5) For local bars / restaurants/tours - contact Ms.Blanca at the concierge desk -
6) Avoid inhouse restaurant for lunch-dinner (food is below average & bit expensive)
7) must do - Do not contact any tour guides next to the pool....they will try & give you better rates with package deals then the hotel but, are not at all reliable in any case.
8) Our favourite restaurant = Les Xitomates & Pipas also if you get chance you have to visit LeKliff restuarant it's on a mountain top - unfortunately, cuz of bad weather we could not visit this place.

33  Thank eightyeightcut
Reviewed September 9, 2005

We just returned from staying at the Villa Premiere for 4 nights. The location of the Villa Premiere is great in that it is about 7 blocks from the Malecon, but I don't think we would stay there again. This is a long review - but I hope it will be helpful.

The first thing we saw when we arrived was a big blue tarp over the outdoor restaurant, La Cieba, that blocked the view of the ocean from the lobby. We were told this restaurant would be closed almost all of the time we were there (and we had the AI plan). Then, after waiting to check in, we were shown to our "Master Suite." The hotel's website is clear, and our travel agent confirmed, that all master suites have outdoor jacuzzi's. This was one of the primary reasons we booked this room category. They showed us to room 2601. While the interior looked like a master suite, no outdoor jacuzzi. I had to do much complaining and ask about a refund before the concierge admitted that 2601 was the only "master suite" without an outdoor jacuzzi (and again - website says ALL master suites have outdoor jacuzzi's). Then we were told that we could move to 2101 (all master suites end in 01), but we'd have to wait until around 5 or 6 pm while they fixed the broken jacuzzi, and the phone was also broken in the room. We opted for that, with the promise that we'd get to move to 2701 for the last 2 nights. 2101 was ok. I ilked the outdoor jacuzzi, but since this one is the lowest level of the master suites, it was noisy and not as private. It also had a smaller bathroom than the other master suites, and a single, not double vanity (again, the website promises double vanity). No working phone meant my husband had to go downstairs to the restaurant to order room service in person. Not really the point of room service. 2701 was beautiful. The only master suite with vaulted ceilings, and the best view from any room of the hotel. The views really are incredible, and you can hear the sound of waves crashing from your room. It did smell very smokey, which I didn't like. As you can see from all of this, all of this room switching and arguing to get what we paid for (jacuzzi, working phone, double vanity, etc.) was stressful and detracted from our trip. And, we had to fight for all this, when I later learned the hotel was only at about 20% capacity. I hate to see what they would do to you if they were full. We had prepaid our trip, and so we were stuck with dealing with this hotel during our stay.

Now for the restaurants. I already mentioned above that La Cieba was closed for most of the trip (with loud construction while they worked on it). Manglar was open the entire time, and was very good. Excellent food and good service. No complaints there. But, it would have been nice to have the variety we expected from three restaurants. Murales, the nicest restaurant and the one that is only open for dinner, was only open 1 of the 4 nights we were there. It was terrific, but disappointed that we only got to eat there once.

The swim up bar was great, and the bartenders very nice. Room service food was also good (which we used a lot since the restaurants weren't open). All in all, the AI plan was not worth it, even though the food was very good. We just weren't able to utilize the AI plan services that should have been available.

The pools were both very nice, as was the beach. Since the hotel was pretty empty, often we'd be the only ones swimming. Definitely no fighting for beach chairs or beach beds.

We really love Puerto Vallarta, and I liked being so close to the Malecon to walk to everything. We've stayed in the marina area before in the larger hotels, and I prefer being closer to town. I only wish Villa Premiere had lived up to our expectations, and what they advertise. If all the restaurants were open and we didn't have all the problems with the room, this would be a pretty good pick. Unfortunately, I think what we experienced is fairly typical. As a comparison, if you have ever stayed at the Royal Hideaway in Playa del Carmen (which we have 3 times and adore), you will be disappointed if you stay at the Villa Premiere.

• Stayed: September 2005
33  Thank Italy5
Reviewed September 7, 2005

The rooms at the Villa Premiere are very nice and our first impression was favorable. Unfortunately, it did not stay that way. We had the misfortune of being in a room next to some very drunk and noisy patrons. Despite numerous calls to the front desk, the concierge was reluctant to do anything to stop the intrusion and we asked to be moved in order to get a decent night's sleep. We were moved to a smaller room and were not compensated in any way. I would not recommend the Villa Premiere to honeymooners -- unless they want to party with neighbors all night!

Stayed: August 2005
19  Thank Ann1147
A TripAdvisor Member
San Jose, CA
Reviewed September 6, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Villa Premiere for 3 nights and, as others have mentioned, had problems with the room reservation amongst other things.

After reading numerous positive reviews in Tripadvisor, I decided that Villa Premiere sounded perfect - spacious rooms with large balconies, no kids, and quality service. I had done my research on the various types of rooms on the VP website and thus booked a suite for the rate of $160/nt. I made sure to ask for a suite with a jacuzzi in the special requests of the reservation.

Unfortunately, upon checking-in, we got our first glimpse of the rather shoddy service that would permeate our stay at VP. When we were shown to our room it was small with no jacuzzi and a tiny balcony. I knew from checking the website that this was what they call a "deluxe" room, aka - cheapest room. When I pointed this out to the young lady showing us the room, she immediately called the front-desk. When we got back downstairs, the mood of the front-desk person had turned from friendly to scowling. We proceeded to explain that we had booked and been confirmed in a suite and that what they were showing us was in fact a much cheaper room. After much gruff negotiations took place, we compromised and ended up with a "master suite". It was clean, with a large balcony and a jacuzzi in the bathroom, however, we were now paying $215/nt. What a way to start our vacation!

While the room looked nice it had a strong oder of mildew and had only a table and two chairs on the balcony. Nothing like what they show on thier website. Also, every morning, there was a huge pool of water that leaked from the ceiling in the kitchen onto the floor, we would call downstairs, they would come up, mess with it a little and then the same thing would happen the next morning.

As others have said, the pools are rather small and while we were there, the beach beds were unusable. Also, La Cieba, the outdoor restaurant, was under construction and covered with tarps during our visit. We did enjoy the swim-up bar. We did not go with the AI plan and after trying breakfast at VP, I was thrilled that we didn't. The breakfast was very bland and forgettable.

We had much better luck at the local restaurants including Daiquiri Dick's on Los Muertos Beach. We also enjoyed walking the Malecon and visiting Yelapa, which is rustic, but amazing. We had a great time in Puerto Vallarta, but when we visit again, we will not be staying at Villa Premiere.

34  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 28, 2005

What an amazing hotel.....we stayed for 2weeks at the Premiere and did not ever want to leave! The hotel itself is beautiful, the room we had was huge, bright and perfect for having a break from the sun in! We were not on the AI plan but we did choose to eat at all 3 of the restaurants - couldnt resist when we saw what other people had ordered!!
All of the staff who looked after us were brilliant - we felt pampered by them constantly, refilling our drinks, asking if everything was ok, and then chatting with us in excellent English. Our favourite waiter at Breakfast was Javier - a genuinely friendly guy who we were sad to miss seeing on our last day! Victor the conceirge could not have done more to help us, we had a problem with some photos from a tour, he was instantly on the phone to the company to try and sort things out for us, then came to find us by the pool as soon as he had fixed the problem. Perfect service, brilliant staff and a beautiful hotel, what more could anyone ask for?????

17  Thank portbird