We arrived at the hotel 2 hours after check-in. Still, they made us wait for over 15 minutes before taking us to our room. They wouldn't give us a key so we could go to the room ourselves; they want a staff member to take you. There was just one guy working and he was going back and forth with various parties checking in.
When he finally brought us to our room, it had two double beds even though we booked a King. We refused the room, went back to the front desk and asked for the king bed we requested. They told us that they didn't have any but that one would become available the next day. I called hotels.com and they confirmed this screw-up and, though the hotel offered us no accommodation, hotels.com did and we're very apologetic.
People, this is NOT a luxury hotel. I've stayed at 3 and 4 star chain hotels in the States that are more "luxurious" than this place. A true luxury hotel has a water purification system running through the hotel (yep- don't drink the water!) A true luxury hotel had WiFi THAT WORKS. A true luxury hotel has nice bedding/sheets/towels and they replaced them when soiled or used. Not so here. Also, the in-room safes are not bolted to anything in the armoire so anyone could simply walk off with your safe. Be sure to check that yours is bolted in, or else ask them to come up and bolt it in place.
Don't get me wrong: it's a nice enough place. But when you bill yourself as a luxury hotel & you charge that kind if fee and you don't deliver, I feel ripped off. It's a smaller, clean property and they staff are affable enough, though ineffective at delivering true customer service. The food selections are fine if all you eat is meats/animals and their products but if you're a strict vegetarian, vegan or are gluten-free, there's nothing here for you. The spa services are mediocre. I had a decent deep tissue massage and a painful and poor quality mani & pedi. The spa is small, noisy and unrelaxing.
The location is too far north from all of the great restaurants, bars, art galleries and everything that's happening. It is not the luxury hotel haven that would warrant the inconvenient location or the exhorbirant price we paid. Very disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive Ambience, Sophisticated Elegance (for adults only)... Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway is a true emblem of refined taste and a proud owner of prestigious International awards for its personalized service. In all of its surroundings, it reveals a contemporary interpretation of the traditional hospitality of Mexico, under an atmosphere of understated luxury. Each of the 83 rooms and oceanfront suites offer an impressive experience for sophisticated guests, and a wide variety of excellent services with emphasis on details. Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway... where something special happens all the time. Adults Only (16+ years of age). All Inclusive Optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Premiere Hotel And Spa
- Villa Premiere Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Premiere