We stayed at the premiere the week of jan 24-31, 2004. We chose it based on the numerous good reviews it received at this site. We had a suite with an indoor jacuzzi, and the all-inclusive option. The suite is about 600sq. ft. I'll get all the bad stuff out of the way first. The beds are really hard, but we like em that way. The beach is small, with lots of small rocks/stones. We spoke to some couples that come to P.V. every winter, and they told us the hurricane did a lot of damage to the beach areas by the hotels, and some of that has not been corrected. One of the couples was at the Sheraton a couple blocks away, and said they were working on getting the rocks out of the beach area. Remember, this is Mexico, and they operate on a different clock than the U.S. The breakfast and lunch menus don't change during the week. By the end of the week, you will be tired of the lunch selections. We ate a couple of times at the neighboring Buenaventura. The food wasn't as good, but it was a change of pace. The service was just as good. Some people may think it is too quiet, with too few activities. Most of the people come there for just that reason. There are WAY to many resorts in Mexico where the music blares all day, and there is somebody on the loudspeaker constantly telling you how and when to have fun. Don't plan on being in a hurry when you sit down for a meal. Breakfast and lunch took 45-80 minutes. That's just the way things are done. But, remember, you are on vacation, and unless you have an appointment for something, sit back, relax, and enjoy. Now, on to the good parts. The food was good for breakfast and lunch, excellent for dinner. The service at all three restaurants was excellent. To all those weinie-whiners complaining about the staff ignoring them, or not speaking good enough English, etc., - You obviously didn't spend much time getting to know them. All of the staff were very friendly, and if a mistake was made, would go to great lengths to correct it. And yes, although it is all-inclusive, tipping helps. For less than $100 for the week, you can ensure that all your needs are met, a cheap price compared to the overall cost of a vacation. We didn't use the spa at the Premiere, but did go next door to the Buenaventura, and the Spa at Terra Noble on the recommendation of another reviewer. Although the prices were better at both of these, you had to work up enough energy to leave the premises. The food at El Manglar and Murales was excellent, as was the presentation. We managed to try all the different desserts during the week, and got the recipe for the Creme of Vanilla w/fruit from the chef. We have vacationed someplace warm every year since 1981, and I think this is the first time we have had the staff address by name, and take the time to just hang out and chat. This greatly enhanced the weeks stay. This was our 7th trip to Mexico, our first to P.V., and I can see why so many people return there year after year. So, if you're looking for the complete package for a quiet, relaxing vacation, the Premiere is the place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive Ambience, Sophisticated Elegance (for adults only)... Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway is a true emblem of refined taste and a proud owner of prestigious International awards for its personalized service. In all of its surroundings, it reveals a contemporary interpretation of the traditional hospitality of Mexico, under an atmosphere of understated luxury. Each of the 83 rooms and oceanfront suites offer an impressive experience for sophisticated guests, and a wide variety of excellent services with emphasis on details. Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway... where something special happens all the time. Adults Only (16+ years of age). All Inclusive Optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Premiere Hotel And Spa
- Villa Premiere Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Premiere