My wife and I just returned home from a wonderful week at Villa Premiere. We stayed in a Premiere Suite on the 7th floor and really enjoyed the great views. I had read some reviews that mention noise from AC units on the top floor but we slept with the patio door open every night and did not experience the issues that others have mentioned. The facilities are in really good shape and the maintenance staff seems to do a great job of keeping everything running.
We did the all-inclusive package so we ate all of our meals at the resort and were not disappointed. The food is exceptional across the board – no buffet style food as everything is ordered from a menu and prepared as ordered. There are several options for appetizers, salads, soups, main courses, and desserts, but be prepared to spend some time if you order multiple courses (pretty standard for any nice restaurant). All of our food was prepared perfectly and tasted great. The house wines (white and red) were much better than we expected. We ordered room service for breakfast and lunch on a couple of occasions and were very pleased with the speed and quality.
There are two primary bar areas (pool and La Corona). Both bars have a very good selection of liquor and a fun drink menu. There were a couple of times during the week when they ran out of certain items on a given day but they were always restocked the following day. This wasn’t a big deal to us because we enjoy a variety of drinks but thought we’d point it out. The pool bar is a lot of fun and the swim up bar area is very nice. La Corona bar is great – well worth the inconvenience related to the improvements. The bar turned out beautifully and it’s a very nice place to enjoy a nightcap with other guests.
We did venture over to Buenaventura (Premiere’s sister property next door) for one evening to eat at Rodisso (Brazilian style) and check out the other property. The food at Rodisso is very good, and I’d recommend it as a third option to the two Premiere dinner options. Other than that, I’m extremely happy that we were staying at the Premiere because it has a much better selection of alcohol, no kids, and no pesky bracelets required.
The pool and beach areas at Premiere are very nice. There were little to no problems getting a chair at the pool or beach during the day. They also have a decent number of umbrellas/shaded areas available for those that don’t want a full dose of sun. We walked up and down the beach (south to the Malecon, and north about a mile) and Premiere/Buenaventura has the nicest sand beaches along that entire stretch.
The staff is very nice and extremely helpful without exception. One area that could have been improved was staffing levels. The resort wasn’t very full the first weekend we were there but really filled up the second weekend (holiday weekend). The level of service dropped significantly from the first weekend to the second, and I think it was just because the staff was spread too thin for the number of guests. The pool bar had one bartender and 2-3 staff running drinks and food during the day, but they could have used twice that many. During the peak times, it was taking 30-45 minutes to get drinks and about an hour to get food. They also staff La Corona with one bartender (responsible for making/serving drinks in the bar area and making drinks for all diners) at night and that became an issue when the bar area filled up with guests. I think all of their issues could have been eliminated by adding one more bartender and wait staff for each shift, but it’s possible that our experience was very rare. All things considered, this was the only issue that we encountered over the course of the week, and it’s definitely not significant enough to diminish our experience.
We had a wonderful week and would strongly recommend the Premiere for anyone looking for a place to relax and unwind. A huge thank you to Fidel, Viviana, Gabriella, Carlos, and the chefs at Premiere for making our week very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive Ambience, Sophisticated Elegance (for adults only)... Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway is a true emblem of refined taste and a proud owner of prestigious International awards for its personalized service. In all of its surroundings, it reveals a contemporary interpretation of the traditional hospitality of Mexico, under an atmosphere of understated luxury. Each of the 83 rooms and oceanfront suites offer an impressive experience for sophisticated guests, and a wide variety of excellent services with emphasis on details. Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway... where something special happens all the time. Adults Only (16+ years of age). All Inclusive Optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Premiere Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Villa Premiere Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Premiere