Let me start out by saying we always stay in Nuevo Vallarta as we have always been "told" staying closer to town means party central. This time I had decided that I wanted to be closer to town and to find an adults only resort. I got both.
I will skip most of what people have said about the massage, wet cloths, bellboys, etc upon check in. All say the same thing.
Our room was more like a small condo, which was wonderful. We had the premier room. Nice to have a couch and chairs instead of having to sit on a bed like in most other all inclusives. Can't say that I liked the lack of privacy in the bathroom, but it didn't hinder our vacation. The bed was perfect, and it was nice to pick out my own style of pillow as mine differs greatly from my husbands. Room was very clean and housekeeping did an awesome job. Our shower was perfect, while another couple we spoke to said theirs didn't have much power.
The staff are amazing like everyone says. They get to know you, and it truly is like a family while you are there. They like to joke with you and engage conversation at most opportunities, not just the obligatory "hola". What a nice treat. And what great personalities they have working there. A good testiment on a great place to work.
Food was amazing...too amazing some days. Every meal is ala carte, and sometimes I would like to eat a little quicker and lighter. But I suppose I really don't have anywhere pressing to go..........You can order burgers etc around the pool, so that was a nice option. We couldn't believe the quality of the meals; we have been to 15+ resorts, and I must say everything from the ambiance to the service to the food was heads above everywhere else we have been.
The new restaurant opened while we were there and its a great addition with the bar to go to at night. Became the social hub where there really was none. TV's were playing either games or music concerts, and added a nice touch.
My husband treated me to a lovely evening with the the private meal on the jetty. It was wonderful.
Oh, and did I mention that the alcohol selection was top notch! My husband loved having a grand marnier after dinner, and friends we met drank scotch every night.
Spa was really nice, and I was told when I booked how much my credit was, so I knew that in advance. I had forgotten about that, so it was a nice surprise.
Make sure to go to the cooking presentation....they make a few treats and a couple of drinks and you get to eat/drink and take home recipes. The food was great and I cannot wait to make the recipes.
A couple of small complaints......one is the fact that there are notices around that say no reserving of seats, but everyone does. There are lovely beds on the beach, but we never got to use them because people would reserve them very early in the morning (and my husband went early to check and already reserved) and then no one would show up on half of them most of the day!! There also needs to be palapas on the beach. I cannot sit and bake in the sun, and the few umbrellas don't keep out enough sun. We are beach people but only managed to sit down there one day. Around the pool doesn't have enough umbrellas either. Some days we didn't get one, and thats tough for me.
My main concern is the new restaurant. It REALLY needs some overhead fans. Even tho its open, we were really sweating one night. Many people we talked to had the same comments.
Would I recommend this resort? YOU BET. No shows, no kids, no parties (you can go next door for that).
Will we be back? YOU BET
Most of the people we got to know had been going there between 5-12 years. They were wonderful people to get to know, and the smallness of the resort kept things cozy and safe. I am so glad we found this gem. We rarely go to resorts twice, but will be changing our tune.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive Ambience, Sophisticated Elegance (for adults only)... Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway is a true emblem of refined taste and a proud owner of prestigious International awards for its personalized service. In all of its surroundings, it reveals a contemporary interpretation of the traditional hospitality of Mexico, under an atmosphere of understated luxury. Each of the 83 rooms and oceanfront suites offer an impressive experience for sophisticated guests, and a wide variety of excellent services with emphasis on details. Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway... where something special happens all the time. Adults Only (16+ years of age). All Inclusive Optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa Premiere Boutique & Romantic Getaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Premiere Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Villa Premiere Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Premiere