“There's no place like home!”

Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Ranked #7 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“There's no place like home!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

A couple weeks ago my husband & I & another couple went to Puerto Vallarta for a long week-end to "check out" another resort other than Villa Premiere. Both of the couples had been going to Villa Premiere for a few years. While the other resort was very nice, it just wasn't "hone".

While we were there, we all went to visit our friends (staff) at Villa Premiere. As we walked through the front door, we were greeted by Alessandro, VP's general manager, with a big smile on his face. He assured us that he was very happy to see us again. We expalained that we were staying elsewhere, but said that it just wasn't VP .

Alssandro was very anxious to show us the newly remodeled restaurant & bar. Both are very beautiful. He said that this was just the beginning of updating much of the facility. We can hardly wait to see the end result. We were also warmly greeted by the concierge, waiters, batenders & desk staff. It was so good to see them all.Thanks, Alessandro & all for being so graciou!

In closing, yes, all of us will be returning to Villa Premiere on our next trip to Puerto Vallarta!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank blcase
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We are looking forward to seeing you soon at your home-away-from-home at Villa Premiere! All of use here at the hotel love our jobs and the main reason for that is the amazing guests that come to stay here. I´m so glad that you popped in to visit us on your recent visit and am pleased to hear that after experiencing other properties that you have decided to return to Villa Premiere. We look forward to showing you the culinary delights at ´La Corona´ and touring you around our refreshed suites – which will be complete within the next year. Hasta Pronto!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Had a,great time location perfect limited on room service food choices but overall had a wonderful time. I would probably stay at the Dreams or Barcelo on next visit but would stay here,again if we recieved another good deal..

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank brinannie
Thank-you very much for taking the time to post your comments. It is our top priority to ensure that our guests have the vacation of a lifetime while staying with us. I agree that the short walk to downtown is very convenient and allows guests to quickly and easily take in the amazing sights and sounds of the Malecon. I appreciate your feedback on our room service menu. Our Chef takes pride in all of his creations, from his menu ítems in his signature restaurant ´La Corona´, to the items available around the pool, to the options on the room service menú. We will continue to strive to provide as many options as possible so that our guests can continue to enjoy diverse dining experiences on our property. We will also continue to work hard to ensure that we always provide the best value to our guests with our room rates and package deals and hope to host you again soon.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Villa Premier in the early part of November. I would say that the overalls stay at the hotel was extremely enjoyable.The staff was friendly, courteous and genuinely cared if we were having a good time. Overall the food was excellent with top shelf liquor.

My only negative comments were that although the restaurant says there are multiple restaurants, there was several nights where there was only one open. I am not sure if this is typical (other all-inclusive hotels I have stayed are not) but the other meals were only 1 restaurant and the same options every day which got a little old.

However, all in all I would recommend the hotel to friends and family, regardless of it's minor shortfalls.

Room Tip: All of the rooms in the hotel seem to be situated toward the water, so from what I can tell there is...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FreequentFlyer88
I am so glad that you and your girlfriend had such a nice stay with us. Our staff say again and again how much they enjoy the guests that stay here and that giving superior service actually becomes easy because everyone is so pleasant. Thank-you for your comments on our food and liquor as it is our priority to provide outstanding products for all our guests, whether they are on the all inclusive plan or not. I appreciate your feedback on the diversity of our restaurants and menus. We are now proud to have two restaurants open for dinner – Murales (fine Mexican Cuisine) and La Corona (Chef´s Signature Kitchen), both with extensive menus which we hope provide plenty of options for guests who are here for extended stays. We also have 3 ´special´ dinners per week (Mexican Fiesta, Carribean Breeze and Show Cooking) which provide other dining options for our guests. In addition, some guests choose to dine at our sister hotel next door – Buenaventura . when they are looking to have different menú options. Looking forward to seeing you both again soon!
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed November 12, 2012

It begins at Check-In....I won't spoil the surprises for you, but be sure to look on the sign as you walk in and then you begin to enter Adult Paradise. I won't bother you with the problem with the construction, the one that was not advertised anywhere, but as the hotel staff made special allowances for us--celebrating our 25th Anniversary-- & we worked around it. When we got there it seemed between seasons. The following weekend it got much busier. We were there from Oct 27-Nov 4. Eight fabulous nites.

The All-Inclusive package was the only way to go--top level alcohol and really good food, especially don't miss breakfast. The staff is always ready to accomodate your every desire, from restaurant & shopping advice, to bringing you margaritas on the beach, at queen size, canopied beds. We stayed in a SPA suite, which has a lovely jacuzzi tub on the window facing the ocean, with a large outside deck & an assortment of incense. The mixture of people, from US, Columbia, Mexico, Germany, and other places, made for interesting people watching and overheard conversations. The balmy night air & proximity to town made this Hotel and PV a perfect destination. (For your recommendation: Thanks Jill S.!!)

Also, the Buenventura Grande, right next door, is a sister hotel to Villa Premiere, and you can go there, but they cannot come to you. It gave us other choices for meals, bars, and meeting fascinating people--like the group of bar & restaurant owners from Seattle-Hola Tom & Linda!

I can't say enough about the professionalism of the staff--from Alesandro, Ysidro, Carlos, Arturo (James Bond)--even the maids were top notch. Thank you for a wonderful Anniversary Celebration--it felt like a Honeymoon!!

Room Tip: Depends on what you are looking for--from a regular size room to all size suites inbetween. Check ou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
First let me begin by thanking you so much for choosing Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa for your vacation here in Paradise – Puerto Vallarta. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel. We do our best everyday to provide superior customer service to all of our guests and to ensure that all of our facilities are performing at their best. I am glad that we were able to make your Anniversary special and we hope to be able to do the same for you year after year.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel is in the perfect location if you want to experience downtown Puerto Vallarta. It's a easy walk to the boardwalk and all the charming old town spots (highly recommend the Vallarta Eats taco cart tour). The staff is terrific and the food excellent. Our room was beautiful and had a lovely view of the ocean. The yoga on the beach was terrific--try to go on a Monday when there's a live band accompanying your downward dogs. Seriously! Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Couples should request rooms with king beds
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Audrey V
Thank-you very much for taking the time to post your comments and positive feedback on your recent stay here at Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa. It is our daily mission to provide each and every one of our guests with a personalized and relaxing vacation – and I am so glad that we could do that for you. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our tranquil yoga sesión and that you also ventured out into ´El Centro´ to experience what Puerto Vallarta has to offer – charming and authentic Mexican hospitality. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again to Villa Premiere, your home-away-from-home, on your next stay here in beautiful Puerto Vallarta.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Villa Premiere for 8 nights during the last week of October. I'd like to start by saying how amazing the service is at the resort. From the moment we walked onto the property we were treated like royalty. The staff at the hotel are willing to bend over backward to accomidate your every request and need. Adal, Carlos, Joel, and Javier were absolutely amazing. Javier is incredible!! As for the food...exceptional! My husband and I, being from Portland, OR, are quite spoiled when it comes to sea food and we were not disapointed. The food and beverage manager, Oliver, obviously takes pride in his job because the food quality is comparable to fine dining in the states. If you are adventurous and enjoy extreme and interesting cocktails, Arturo is your man! Our room was very clean and for being only the deluxe room very spacious. In fact my sister stayed in a premiere room and our room was bigger. This was not our first time to PV but it was definately the best time we've ever had in PV, or anywhere for that matter. My husband and I have 4 boys so we always stay at adults only resorts.There was construction going on during our stay. The only times I noticed it was when other guests of the hotel brought it to my attention. The construction workers were very polite and very determined to get their job done. I can't wait to taste the cuisine of the new Italian restaurant on our next visit! If your looking for some serious R&R this is the place. This is the best adults only resort in PV, barnone. Oh... almost forgot... All-inclusive is the only way to go. Trust me, you won't regret it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank katowilks7
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I am delighted to read your positives comments, thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host.

It is so important for us to know our guest’s opinions and realize that we, as a team, are accomplishing our most important mission, which is exceeding our guest’s expectations.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences at trip advisor; for us, all our guests are unique and each one of you are the most important one and our intention is to make you feel that way.

We’ll always be willing to welcome and pamper you as a commitment, all waiters, bar tenders and all Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa staff send you a friendly HOLA!!

Thank you again for choosing us as your home away from home it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit.
theresa,wi
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Villa Premiere during the last week of Oct. 2012. As others have said, construction noise was a problem but you can't stop progress and the new VP will be even better. The staff were all very friendly and out going and brought me extra bacon every morning for breakfast. My cardiologist thanks them for that.The food was excellent and beautifully presented even though only one restaurant was open. My only complaint was that they allowed smoking in certain areas of the dining area. I understand there are smoking areas but the acrid smell of cigarette smoke can instantly ruin a beautiful and well prepared meal. I hope management will reconsider their smoking policy when they open the new restaurant.

The adults only policy is wonderful. While most people love kids sometimes you just have to get away and act like a grown-up. The quiet was a wonderful thing.

I truly enjoyed my week at VP. and look forward to returning next year.

Gabriella , the hostess looked stunning the one night she wore her traditional dress for the evening dinner.

Thanks for a great week.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
On behalf of all our team allow me to thank you for your visit to Villa Premiere and for sharing this kind review on your stay. We are delighted to know that our service and attention to details made you stay so pleasurable, we do want all our guests feel like home and addressing you by name and keeping in mind preferences and details which you enjoy is the least we can do. It will be a privilege to have you as our dear guest again in the future.