We were here late October for 10 days in a Honeymoon suite. The short version is that we would definitely stay here again. The plentiful and professional staff here makeup for any shortcomings and made the stay a pleasurable and memorable one. The long version...
The service here is quite good. From the minute you arrive, you are greeted by a cool face towel, glass of champagne, and a mini-massage. You also get to choose from a pillow menu and aromatherapy. There’s a “personal” butler, daily maid service, and a nightly turn down (where they make figures out of your towels and leave treats on the bed). About the only bump in the road we encountered here was the front desk. There were a couple of minor things (forgetting to get a room number or name from us so a request wasn’t executed) and one fairly annoying incident where the front desk granted us a late checkout , but forgot to actually put it into effect!
Unfortunately a generally wonderful staff won’t be the only thing that greets you. There is fairly constant construction noise which apparently will last until at least some time in mid-November. From what we could tell it seems to go on 7 days a week for 10-12 hours a day starting around 8-9 a.m.
The kid-free accommodations had good features and amenities and were generally nice and comfortable. There were some minor annoying details like a non-working lock on the sliding glass door, an un-level toilet which meant you couldn’t keep the seat up, a not-so-cold mini-fridge / mini-bar (which does NOT include any hard alcohol), etc. Also having free hotel-wide internet was nice, but several times a day the connection would be lost or become nearly unusably slow. The gym, as advertised, was well equipped.
The main pool is nice and roomy, you can easily swim laps in it. It also has “bench” seating on one side so you can sit half submerged in the pool. The secondary pool has the swim up bar. The pools are surrounded by cabanas on the beach and a couple of neat ones with “floating” beds right by the main pool). There are also several lounge chairs as well. During our stay it wasn’t an issue, but I could see how availability of these could be an issue in high-season.
You can smoke by the pool, the pool bar, sections of the restaurant, and balconies. Also if you’re by the beach at all (at the swim-up bar, secondary pool, the cabanas, or even parts of the restaurant), you’ll be engaged by the beach vendors. Depending on who you are, these can be either good or bad things.
Generally the food was outstanding, artfully presented, quite tasty, and served by a warm friendly staff. If you are going to eat a good portion of your meals here (or partake in enough drinking), the all-inclusive plan is the only way to go. We heard (unfortunately on our last day there), that although you can add an additional tip by charging it to you room, it is FAR better to leave cash with the bill instead (as this immediately goes directly to the people that waited on you while the tip charged to your room is shared with each person receiving a % based on position). It is important to note that only 1 of the 3 restaurants and 1 of the 2 bars mentioned on the hotel’s website are open (though they do rotate the menu in the one restaurant each day so that it is not the same cuisine)
We also did a couple of spa treatments (massages), which we found pampering and relaxing experiences. This is the first time we ever did spa treatments so we can’t really compare it to others, but we would find it hard to believe they would be much more luxurious than this.
Although cooking and cocktail preparation workshops were advertised on website, nobody seemed to know about any of them when we inquired about them.
Again, the people here really make the difference and make this a worthwhile place to stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive Ambience, Sophisticated Elegance (for adults only)... Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway is a true emblem of refined taste and a proud owner of prestigious International awards for its personalized service. In all of its surroundings, it reveals a contemporary interpretation of the traditional hospitality of Mexico, under an atmosphere of understated luxury. Each of the 83 rooms and oceanfront suites offer an impressive experience for sophisticated guests, and a wide variety of excellent services with emphasis on details. Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway... where something special happens all the time. Adults Only (16+ years of age). All Inclusive Optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, HotelPower, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Premiere Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Villa Premiere Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Premiere