Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Ranked #7 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
San Francisco, California
“What a week”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here last week and we had a blast. As much as we wanted to tour the city, we met so many amazing people between staff and other guests it was difficult to leave the property. Everyone from the staff was friendly and professional especially Carlos and Javier two of the pool side bartenders. "Cazadores!"

The hotel it self is gorgeous - very clean and comfortable. There is great view overlooking the beach. We also enjoyed a massage in the spa area.

There's honestly not enough words to describe our time. We can't wait to go back. It would be great if we bumped into all the people we met from our pool side drinking buddies.

Your friends from San Francisco

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
On behalf of all our team allow me to thank you for your visit to Villa Premiere and for sharing this kind review on your stay. We are delighted to know that our service and attention to details made you stay so pleasurable, we do want all our guests feel like home and addressing you by name and keeping in mind preferences and details which you enjoy is the least we can do. It will be a privilege to have you as our dear guest again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 18, 2012

From the champagne and back massages that greeted us to the day we left we were treated like royalty. The entire staff was wonderful not to mention the food and spa.
We loved the fact that this hotel is restricted to 16 and older.

Room Tip: Every room has an ocean view.
4 Thank Stephen M
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa to spent your vacations, we are delighted to know that your expectations were exceeded and, hopefully, all your desires came true during this special time.
It will be our honor to welcome you back any time you would choose to visit us again.
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Besides Relaxing and Recreation, I also got Rejuvenation---hence the 3 Rs. This boutique hotel is ideal if you want great food, terrific views and a staff that knows how to please. From the moment you arrive you are pampered---and I mean before you even get to the room! Starting from a selection of pillows to an array of fragrances to choose from to infuse your room. And while you are still in the lobby checking in--- a complimentary 10-minute massage! All this before you even unpack. I can't say enough about this hotel. It was my second stay at this hotel after 6 years and it just got better. Oh, and as a mother of 3 kids, this was a welcome respite because it caters to only adults. No splashing, screaming or roughhousing---just total serenity...enhanced with just the right amount of music by the pool while you imbibe one of many wicked margaritas!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ImAGlobalTraveler
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
On behalf of all our team allow me to thank you for your second visit to Villa Premiere and for sharing this kind review on your stay. We are delighted to know that our service and attention to details made you stay so pleasurable, we do want all our guests feel like home and addressing you by name and keeping in mind preferences and details which you enjoy is the least we can do. It will be a privilege to have you as our dear guest again in the future.
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We spent the first week of September at the Villa Premiere. It was our second trip to PV, first time staying at this hotel. We picked it because we wanted to be able to walk into town, and be right on the beach. We usually prefer smaller hotels over mega-resorts so that helped us in our choice too.
I know many others have commented on it, but the welcome at check-in was so nice I have to comment too. We were greeted by smiling staff who seemed genuinely happy to see us arrive, a glass of champagne, and selected from pillow and room scent menus (we went with the "pleasure" feather pillows - wonderfully soft, and the basil room scent - I don't know that it really smelled like basil, but it was light and fresh), and of course the 5 minute welcome massage.
Our room was a decent size, very clean, with a private balcony and great view. It was room 2610 - up on the 6th floor at the end of the hall - nice and quiet. The bed was a little on the firm side but very comfortable - no problems catching up on sleep on this trip!
We went with the all-inclusive package and were glad we did. The hotel was so relaxing we really didn't end up venturing out much, which meant most of our meals were at the hotel, as well as drinks for our days spent lounging by the pool. If you plan to spend a good amount of time at the hotel the inclusive plan is worth it. The food was very good – many fresh, creative dishes. I think maybe the best item of the whole trip was an appetizer that included huitlacoche - if it's on the menu when you go, try it!
One thing to be aware of if you're going soon is that one of the dinner restaurants is under renovation and not open - I didn't ask when they expect the project to be complete. We were able to eat there the first night and then not again. However they made accommodations by alternating menus in the remaining dinner restaurant - one night they'd serve the menu from the one restaurant, the next night the menu from the other. There was also the Mexican Fiesta night at the outdoor restaurant, sol plenty of variety. Dinner service was at times a little disjointed timing-wise, but that seemed to be the product of the renovation not the norm, and the service remained top-notch.
It is true that there isn't a super active nightlife at the hotel, however there was generally some kind of bar service until 10 or 11 most nights either in the bar in the restaurant, the pool bar, or the Sky Bar up on level one. You can also go to the Buenaventura Grand next door, where their pool bar stays open later (if you're on all-inclusive, you can also charge to your room at the Buenaventura). And it's only a few minutes walk into town (or by cab) where bars and clubs stay open even later if that's what you're looking for.
We absolutely loved the pool area! Yes the pool is on the small side, but with the amount of guests there during our stay it was more than enough. There were also plenty of lounge chairs - we never had a problem getting two together. I don't know if that's because it's low season or if it's always like that. The pool bar was lots of fun, and the pool bar staff were super friendly - bringing by fresh cold drinks without even needing to be asked. Overall staff were super friendly and very helpful - not a hint of tourist burn-out that you see at some vacation hotel spots. Service throughout was fantastic!
We went to the spa once - I went for the Relaxing Roses massage and it was lovely. My husband picked the Deep Tissue massage, and they weren't kidding when they said they would really get in there - they used elbows and everything on him, he loved it. I used the gym while there and it has anything you'd really need or want while on vacation, I'd think. All the equipment seemed clean and modern - I only used the treadmill though.
Maybe this is a little unusual but I also want to say nice things about the other guests because we met some really nice, fun, interesting people. It was the same group throughout much of our stay, and because the hotel is on the small side and also wasn't full we got to know some of them fairly well. All seemed to be looking for the same kind of vacation we were - relaxing and mellow but with some fun at the pool bar thrown in, but with no need for the loud activities leaders by the pool like you'll find at some of the other hotels. If that sounds like the kind of vacation you want and the kind of people you'd like to cross paths with, you'll probably like this hotel too.
So, this is long but only because we really loved it and I tried to think of every positive aspect of our stay that I could. Were there small little hitches here and there? Sure, but that’s part of travel, and overall this hotel is great, the location is beautiful and convenient, and the staff were without fail wonderful towards us. We will be back for sure!

5 Thank Sulalula
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I am delighted to read your positives comments, thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host.

It is so important for us to know our guest’s opinions and realize that we, as a team, are accomplishing our most important mission, which is exceeding our guest’s expectations.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences at trip advisor; for us, all our guests are unique and each one of you are the most important one and our intention is to make you feel that way.

We’ll always be willing to welcome and pamper you as a commitment, all waiters, bar tenders and all Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa staff send you a friendly HOLA!!

Thank you again for choosing us as your home away from home it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This was a surprise trip planned by my wife for our anniversary. The hotel accommodations were the honeymoon suite, which I believe, is one of eight such rooms. Clean and comfy beds, flat screen tv's and includes a Jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking the ocean. We went for the all inclusive to try that out and although we had dinner only twice there it was good each time. Neither of us drinks much so this was wasted on us alcohol wise. We had all but one breakfasts there as well as lunch twice and a lunch at the sister hotel next door. Overall, it was enjoyable. The staff was gracious but lacked a bit in the concierge side of things. We wanted to try two restaurants while there and they could not seem to get that for us either time. We finally found it on our own. (See my review of El Panorama) The wi-fi was excellent. I do not know if it is included in the regular stay package, it was in the all-inclusive. This was a great stay, right in downtown and close to the Malecón or boardwalk. Good time indeed.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite faces the ocean and is steps from the beach.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa to spent your vacation, we are delighted to know that your expectations were exceeded and, hopefully, all your desires came true during this special time.
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed September 10, 2012

P.V. is our go-to for quick getaways. We chose Villa Premiere based on the many positive reviews and great location. The hotel lived up to our expectations, providing an adult orientated experience in a low-key environment. You won't find big buffets, animation teams, and sports programs here - instead you will be choosing a meal from a menu, lounging poolside, and maybe stretching with some morning yoga.

The staff are first-rate and very accommodating. Always smiling and cheerful! We felt welcomed and respected at all times.

Restaurants are a la carte. La Ceiba on the pool deck overlooks the beach and provides a "spa" option at breakfast if you are so inclined. Food was consistently fresh. Our restaurant of choice was Murales for excellent gourmet Mexican cuisine.

Rooms are well appointed and will be set up with your choice of scents and pillow options at check-in. All rooms come with ocean views and free light shows during the evening thunderstorms!

All-in-all a great week away for us ... We'll be back!

2 Thank RGE_Lat53N_Long113W
Thank you for your kind words about Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa and the staff.

Everyone has different goals and needs when they visit, and the most important thing we can do is help each individual to get what they want out of their visit. We think knowing our guests makes all the difference! We look forward to your next visit!
Calgary
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed at this resort the beginning of July 2012 with a group of girls (celebrating a birthday). I really wanted to love this resort but it fell short. Below are the good and bad:

Good:
Staff were amazing - every staff member worked very hard and were eager to please
Rooms were very good - air conditioning worked well and morning cleaning and evening turndown was excellent
Food was very good to excellent - had the best burgers I have ever had on their 4th of July BBQ and the Mexican Fiesta night was amazing
Loungers were very comfortable and plentiful - no getting up at the crack of dawn to reserve

The reasons I would probably not return to this resort are as follows:
There is absolutely no where to have a drink after dinner or in the evening - no lounge areas except for the hotel lobby. When I pay a premium for this hotel I don't want to have to go next door to the Bonaventure to have a drink in the evening (especially since they don't have premium alcohol!)
The restaurants are very poorly air conditioned - it was brutally hot and humid in early July (which we knew when we booked) but I didn't realize that the hotel has only one poorly air conditioned restaurant and only fans in the other restaurants. This might not be such an issue later in the year.
Expect to wait a long time for all meals - even though the service was excellent most meals were at least 2 hours long and I have never seen so may flies at a resort in my life. I'm not sure why but we were constantly swarmed by flies at meal times - it was really disgusting.

Another major problem we had was we arrived during the Mexican election. I understand that hotels were not supposed to serve or sell alcohol during this time frame but we called the hotel twice before arrival and they assured us they would be serving alcohol "discretely". Because of these assurances we did not purchase any duty free and my sister (who lives in Mexico) did not bring any alcohol with her. Upon arrival the front desk advised us they would not be serving alcohol (apparently they had changed their mind). We did manage to obtain a couple of bottles of wine (which they charged us for - even though we were all inclusive). Because they handled this so poorly it left a bad impression (we won't provide free booze because of the election but if you complain we'll sell it to you!!).

Overall this trip was a let down. Maybe we just went at the wrong time?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank IrishlassCalgary
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. I do apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay with us, We all do hope you will return to Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa to enjoy it’s service, relaxing atmosphere and accommodating services in the future.