Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Ranked #7 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice getaway”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This was a surprise trip planned by my wife for our anniversary. The hotel accommodations were the honeymoon suite, which I believe, is one of eight such rooms. Clean and comfy beds, flat screen tv's and includes a Jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking the ocean. We went for the all inclusive to try that out and although we had dinner only twice there it was good each time. Neither of us drinks much so this was wasted on us alcohol wise. We had all but one breakfasts there as well as lunch twice and a lunch at the sister hotel next door. Overall, it was enjoyable. The staff was gracious but lacked a bit in the concierge side of things. We wanted to try two restaurants while there and they could not seem to get that for us either time. We finally found it on our own. (See my review of El Panorama) The wi-fi was excellent. I do not know if it is included in the regular stay package, it was in the all-inclusive. This was a great stay, right in downtown and close to the Malecón or boardwalk. Good time indeed.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite faces the ocean and is steps from the beach.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa to spent your vacation, we are delighted to know that your expectations were exceeded and, hopefully, all your desires came true during this special time.
It will be our honor to welcome you back any time you would choose to visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed September 10, 2012

P.V. is our go-to for quick getaways. We chose Villa Premiere based on the many positive reviews and great location. The hotel lived up to our expectations, providing an adult orientated experience in a low-key environment. You won't find big buffets, animation teams, and sports programs here - instead you will be choosing a meal from a menu, lounging poolside, and maybe stretching with some morning yoga.

The staff are first-rate and very accommodating. Always smiling and cheerful! We felt welcomed and respected at all times.

Restaurants are a la carte. La Ceiba on the pool deck overlooks the beach and provides a "spa" option at breakfast if you are so inclined. Food was consistently fresh. Our restaurant of choice was Murales for excellent gourmet Mexican cuisine.

Rooms are well appointed and will be set up with your choice of scents and pillow options at check-in. All rooms come with ocean views and free light shows during the evening thunderstorms!

All-in-all a great week away for us ... We'll be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RGE_Lat53N_Long113W
Thank you for your kind words about Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa and the staff.

Everyone has different goals and needs when they visit, and the most important thing we can do is help each individual to get what they want out of their visit. We think knowing our guests makes all the difference! We look forward to your next visit!
Calgary
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed at this resort the beginning of July 2012 with a group of girls (celebrating a birthday). I really wanted to love this resort but it fell short. Below are the good and bad:

Good:
Staff were amazing - every staff member worked very hard and were eager to please
Rooms were very good - air conditioning worked well and morning cleaning and evening turndown was excellent
Food was very good to excellent - had the best burgers I have ever had on their 4th of July BBQ and the Mexican Fiesta night was amazing
Loungers were very comfortable and plentiful - no getting up at the crack of dawn to reserve

The reasons I would probably not return to this resort are as follows:
There is absolutely no where to have a drink after dinner or in the evening - no lounge areas except for the hotel lobby. When I pay a premium for this hotel I don't want to have to go next door to the Bonaventure to have a drink in the evening (especially since they don't have premium alcohol!)
The restaurants are very poorly air conditioned - it was brutally hot and humid in early July (which we knew when we booked) but I didn't realize that the hotel has only one poorly air conditioned restaurant and only fans in the other restaurants. This might not be such an issue later in the year.
Expect to wait a long time for all meals - even though the service was excellent most meals were at least 2 hours long and I have never seen so may flies at a resort in my life. I'm not sure why but we were constantly swarmed by flies at meal times - it was really disgusting.

Another major problem we had was we arrived during the Mexican election. I understand that hotels were not supposed to serve or sell alcohol during this time frame but we called the hotel twice before arrival and they assured us they would be serving alcohol "discretely". Because of these assurances we did not purchase any duty free and my sister (who lives in Mexico) did not bring any alcohol with her. Upon arrival the front desk advised us they would not be serving alcohol (apparently they had changed their mind). We did manage to obtain a couple of bottles of wine (which they charged us for - even though we were all inclusive). Because they handled this so poorly it left a bad impression (we won't provide free booze because of the election but if you complain we'll sell it to you!!).

Overall this trip was a let down. Maybe we just went at the wrong time?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank IrishlassCalgary
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. I do apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay with us, We all do hope you will return to Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa to enjoy it’s service, relaxing atmosphere and accommodating services in the future.
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was so excited to go to this hotel when we booked. We had stayed at the sister hotel The Buenaventura about a year and a half previous, and had a pretty good time. Let me give you the goods.
The good..and not so good.
Smaller hotel, so you get to know the staff. I thought the staff were very good for the most part. We got there and found out that there was elections...so no booze. Ok... nobody told us when we booked. We were all inclusive...so this wasn't good. They would send wine to the room, and charge us, but wouldn't serve it otherwise... that's not cool. If its illegal, its illegal. All the other resorts were serving their guests we were told by our hotel agent. It was hard to get a non alcholic drink! Service very bad for 2 days while this was going on...yes 2 days and nights.
We were a group of 7. All of us got food poisioning. Not cool. It actually lasted over a week. We were thinking maybe from shrimp? The food for the most part tasted good. The Mexican night was the best...I didn't expect that, but the food was awesome, and the band great. That was the best night. Basically its dead at night. Nothing going on. The pillows and room scent, were not good either.. Turn down service, good. Spa was actually good. This surprised me. All in all, not a great time. Disappointed. Been to much better places for the money. Wouldn't return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank orchickie
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review.
Regarding the non-alchoholic beverage for two days, it was a mandatory rule from our President and as you might understand we will not disobey a federal law.
We want to inform you that we have a very strict hygiene control and we didnt get any report for food poision for our guest or our docto.

We will ensure that every little detail will be taken care of in order to anticipate every possible desire of our guests, and I am looking forward to the opportunity to make you future stay exceptionally relaxing and above all the expectations.
Scottsdale
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Staff - AMAZING!! They were very helpful in booking tours.

Pool - Very nice, but small. We were there in August so we had no problem finding a chair or cabana on the beach. The cabana was amazing, be sure to snag one in the morning. I would imagine they would be scarce in season. The pool opens very late and closes early. We had to ask to get a cabana ready at 11a because they pool was not ready, although it was a Sunday and it rained the night before. We were surprised that there was no hot tub.

Rooms - The room was very nice, amazing view! We had an end room so we had extra windows over the bed. The bathroom is very nice, but there is zero privacy. We were on the 7th floor and WiFi was VERY spotty (it was better in the lobby).

Beach - The beach was not as nice as I anticipated. It was pretty dirty and there were always dogs running around. It was rainy season (the river with all its dirt runs into the ocean), which didn't help. The beach in front of the hotel is not private, so you will be hounded all day by vendors. That gets VERY OLD fast!

Location - Walking distance to convenience and grocery store, as well as the Malacon. We even walked to the romantic zone. You can really walk anywhere if you are up to it.

Food - The food was surprisingly very good, we were impressed. We had a few great breakfasts, and an amazing dinner! Don't expect 5 star US service, it hard to find in PV.

Room Tip: Room 2710 was great, top floor farthest from the pool. Great view with extra windows.
3 Thank jns18
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
We really want to thank you for taking the time of sharing your comments at Trip Advisor and for giving us the opportunity of being your host in your holidays. We appreciate very much your high opinion of our premises and the service you always receive from our staff.

At villa Premiere Hotel & Spa we are always willing to welcome and pamper our guests as a commitment.

Thank you again for expressing your opinion and it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit here at your home away from home.
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I wish I could give this hotel six stars! EVERYTHING was perfect - the food, the staff, the room, the location, the ambiance, the pool, the service, the spa, etc. We upgraded to the Master Suite and it was by far the best decision we made. The extra living space both indoor and outdoor made such a difference. We ordered room service more just so we could enjoy our room! It wasn't super crowded when we were there, which we were grateful for b/c we were on our honeymoon. Adult only made it the perfect romantic setting. The boutique feeling of a smaller hotel was welcomed too. The all inclusive package was also the way to go. It was so nice not to worry about what things cost (from the stocked fridge to the restaurants and pool bar). And the FOOD! Best Mexican food we have EVER had (no exaggeration). And we're from San Diego! The flavors and creations were so gourmet and we ended up eating all but one meal at the hotel because we knew we wouldn't get a better meal in town. Walking distance to the boardwalk. We got a neck and shoulder massage when we go there and not a single person at the hotel asked us to listen to a timeshare presentation (we heard almost every hotel tries to get you to do this so we were very relieved). The pools were just perfect and the cabanas were our favorite! Morning yoga on the beach. It was seriously perfect.

Room Tip: If you want the space and want to feel like you're not just in a hotel room, then the Master Sui...
2 Thank JaxTera
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa to spent your Honeymoon, we are delighted to know that your expectations were exceeded and, hopefully, all your desires came true during this special time.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel service is obsessively good--the reviews are right on. This is by far one of the best hotels I have been to anywhere. PV was advertised as a food mecca and the hotel food quality was very good, don't get me wrong. But I was surprised the hotel's food menu options were lacking. Normally I don't much care about hotel food but there aren't many healthy options around the hotel. I'm a vegetarian and I had a really hard time finding vegetarian items on the outdoor lunch restaurant menu. There are some salads available as appetizers but none as entrees. All of their meat entrees had wonderful, fresh, delicious vegetable sides--mushrooms, squash, asparagus, broccoli, green/red peppers. Unfortunately I don't eat meat/fish. The evening indoors restaurant was pretty damn good and there was actually a vegetarian menu, but that menu was not advertised and difficult to get as it was always lost in some guest's room for some reason. As I said, the food options around the hotel are limited and mostly cater to seafood/fried food lovers, this being a port I'm not surprised. But I would have loved some greener options. By far the best food and most of the vegetarian-friendly options were available in Zona Romantica. So we had to commute almost daily. It's not far by taxi, but it was a little cumbersome to go back and forth, especially with the incessant heat and humidify during the day. There were some nice-looking restaurants in the malecon but I shied away from these as they seemed to be built as tourist traps. The views from the hotel were really nice. The only sad part is the beach is too rough to swim. There are also several rivers all over the Bay (one right next door) that wash from the mountains down to the heavily populated city's grey water/debris runoff straight into the beaches (and it rains a lot so there is constant flooding and runoff). We didn't care for the crowded beaches anywhere South of the hotel, including Playa Los Muertos, which were way too packed with people and street vendors selling everything from trinkets to marijuana. Yelapa was just as crowded (and full of debris and plastic) and designed for tourists to lie on the beach and do nothing but eat seafood all day. The cleanest beaches seemed to be to the North in the Riviera Nayarit side. We found a clean beach and desolate cove with one restaurant at Destiladores Beach, which was about a half-hour ride by taxi (450 pesos)
or bus (360 pesos/two buses).

Room Tip: All of rooms have a beach view. The King bed was very comfortable.
3 Thank vquinon
I would like to thank you for travelling to Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa to spend this special holiday.

Thank you very much for providing us the valuable directions of improvements, We sorry that our Vegetarian Menu maybe wasn`t offer to you. Now we leave a full vegeratian menu in order to acomplishment our guest desires. our Chef loves to creat meals for special requirements, like veggy options, we will love to know this during your stay .

Will ensure that your next visit is as close to perfection as possible, we will ensure that your next visit is as close to perfection as possible.