Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Ranked #7 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Very happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

My wife and I are on our first visit to Puerto Vallarta. I booked a room at the Villa Premier through Travelocity and we could not be happier. The hotel exceeds our expectations. It is great staying at a hotel that is specifically not for kids.This is not a party hotel either. It is a place where you can go to unwind and let the troubles of the world stay behind. There are plenty of places to go at night to have a wild time if you want, but you can rest assured that you can come back to the hotel to rest up for another full day tomorrow.

That being said, there are some things that we didn't like that are endemic to Puerto Vallarta. The are many vendors that demand your time and money. Time shares are a plague that will not go away and they won't hesitate to use up your entire vacation to have you sit through presentation after presentation. In fact, it started at the airport as soon as you exit customs. Also, the hotel has a representative who is the "information" assistant. This is the gateway to the time share the hotel is associated with. Just say no. Please, just say no. They don't like that word here, and I understand that people need to make a living, but your hard earned vacation time doesn't need to be spent in a six hour hard sell environment, no matter what they offer. Of course, if you are in the market for a real estate deal that sounds too good to be true, then be my guest and take the perks they offer.

At any rate, the bottom line is that the hotel is well worth the stay, in spite of the usual barrage of sales that is typical in most any Mexican venue. There is a good time to be had in PV, especially the food. Search out some of the street vendors for what could be the best seafood tacos you have ever had. I recommend Mariscos Cisneros a little south of the Malecon and a few blocks off the beach (walk up Cardenas).

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank widebody50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Edmonton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

I had a hard time choosing between Sunset Plaza and VP and choose VP for two main reasons...the location and the fact it is Adults Only. After seeing Sunset (it is about a 10 min walk from VP) We decieded to move there for the second half of our vacation. I will post a Suset Review seprately.I had booked a Honeymoon Suite but not the all inclusive.
At check in we had a nice glass of champaign and neck rub, but it took an hour before we actually got to our rooms. We spent awhile with our Butler Gerardo who tried to talk us into a 90 min tour of their new resort in Punta Mita...sounded way too much like timeshare and we didn't take him up on it. We never saw him again during our stay.
Once in the room we found it clean and comfortable, but small. it is quiet and the bed was comfortable. Because of the size and age of the bathroom for me it did not have a feel of luxury. We loved the jacuzzi on the deck...it is fairly private, you can't see next door but you can hear everything. Our hammock chair was broken and never fixed. Although the balcony is large the configuration makes it difficult to enjoy except from the jacuzzi. I had read the about the issue of lack of seating at the pool, but we found it beyond frustrating...all the chairs claimed but half empty. The beds on the beach were all reserved by 6:30 am...one person who was an early riser would save for other people. The size of the pool was fine but the setting to me just seemed crowded and cramped. Because we weren't all inclusive we didn't benefit from the great service others have reported. We were never asked if wanted anything, or how our stay was going. The restaurants looked very nice. We didnt eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food. The location is great, a short walk on the beach or road and you are on the Malecon. We really enjoyed our evenings walking and trying out the different restaurants, but usually ended up in a Cab at least one way so I am not sure that the location saved us a lot of money as far as transportation goes.
Great turn down service, the lobby area is very nice, we didn't use the spa or gym. Beach is a bit rocky but you can walk a long ways on it, the water was a bit rough so we didn't go in very much. It wasn't as quiet at the pool and beach as I thought it would be, the sister hotel the Buenaventure is right next door and often noisy with their entertainment. We did go over to see what it was like, and it was packed with kids and families. . I wouldn't stay at VP again, and would only recommend it if you wanted the All Inclusive and would recommend one of the larger suites. I don't think the honeymoon suite was worth the extra $$, the only difference is the balcony and jacuzzi. The Adults Only was great, the location very nice, the beaches and hotels seem nicer down the beach and the taxi ride is less than $5. Most of the restaurants we wanted to try weren't walking distance from VP and we ened up in Cabs at least one way most nights. We ate at Baracuda's, Cafe Naranjo, Casa Isabel, Sea Monkey, Blakes, La Chata. I will post reviews.

Room Tip: Rooms are small and balconys are small and not private. The master suites on the top too floors wou...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank judyedmonton
West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

We have been to PV many times and stayed all over so had high anticpation of the VP after reading all the reviews . There is even a forum comparing this place to the Golden Grown Paradise another nice all-inclusive option Adults Only resort so i will try to compare them .

We did take the All inclusive option at VP. The food was excellant and serivce very good .
Ther are no Buffets at this resort. Everything is off the menu. they have 24 hour room service that is all part of the all inclusive option. We used this sevral times and was pretty quick. Wworked great on a day we had early morning tour. there are 3 restaurants . the one outside by the pool for breakfast , lunhc and sevral theme dinners. Also a Italian and Mexican in doors . Most nights 2 out of 3 will be open

They have a decent Gym. They have a Spa that we did not use.

Check-in is nice. A gladd of champagne and a 5-10 munite nect massage . choice of scented or other typoes of pillows for your bed are done at check in . Check out was fast an easy

We had a standard room . All rooms have balconies and face the water. Wwe saw the uprdaged rooms and they are very nice . if you are going to spend much time in the room upgrade otherwise stay standard

We had some glitches in our room, all were fixed promptly when we informed them of issues. they repalced safe and mini bar niether of which were working. Late in our stay we possped some ciruit breakers for some resaon they were promptly reset

The staff is very friendly and works hard to please without needing extra tipping

We met some of the mgt and past on our compliments

VP is about 4 blocks north and an easy walk to the Malecon

Ok Comparing with GCP. VP is smaller. VP is quieter with a slightly older crowd.than GCP. GCP has more going on during the day and evening and that is a plus or minus depending on what you are looking for . Beach is larger at GCP once again could be plus or minus. GCP is near the Maritime terminal, airpot and Walmart

Both VP and GCP are very nice. We prefer the quiet and location of the VP . if you want to party at VP only a few blocks to all the bars and hangouts. you likely will enjoy either one

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank hrw1953
Grand Rapids, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

My partner & I, along with a couple of friends, came on our first visit to PVR and decided to stay at Villa Premiere for a few reasons; the location, the fact that the property was adults only, and the overwhelmingly positive reviews on TA. This was the first time that I’ve stayed at a well reviewed property on TA and thought, “I don’t really get it”. It was fine but not as great as we were hoping.
This is probably the nicest property in PVR proper, based on the other accommodation options that we saw. Other than fantastic restaurants, though, I don’t think any of us would stay in PVR again. Although all-inclusives aren’t usually at the top of my list, this is one destination where I think I would go to an adults only all-inclusive option in the Riviera Nayarit area (north of PVR). The constant, and I mean constant, push to purchase something, from beach vendors to people working in shops trying to push tours and timeshares, it was just relentless. We are very used to this while traveling to a certain degree but this was the worst I’ve ever experienced.
The service at the hotel was exceptional. That’s by far the biggest positive with this hotel. We stayed in a Premiere Suite and the views from the rooms (we were on the top floor) were also great but the rooms themselves were just, well, fine. Why the rooms don’t have a kitchenette, especially when they have a whole counter area with cupboards, drawers, sink, etc., is beyond me. It would be great if they put in a microwave, some dishes, silverware, and a mini fridge (instead of a mini bar). It made it almost impossible to not have to eat out (or at the hotel) for every meal. I would never do all-inclusive here, either; there are just too many great dining options available outside of the hotel. Instead, there is just a coffee maker. Basically a total waste of space. Maid service was good, no problem there.
While the beach is nothing to write home about (and we had expected that), it was still nice enough; bali/beach beds, lounge chairs and hammocks were available. Not many hotel guests were on the beach, though, again because of the constant barrage of vendors. If you weren’t listening to your ipod or sleeping (or pretending to), you couldn’t escape it. Even guests using the infinity/swim up pool couldn’t escape it. Only the main pool area was free from that.
Spa services at the hotel were outrageously expensive so none of us did that. Food & drink prices were pretty fairly priced.
We have traveled extensively in Mexico and the Caribbean and we would not rate this as one of our favorite destinations. If we do come back, though, we would probably stay further outside of town and maybe just go into town for a dinner or two. As for Villa Premiere, we found it to be a nice hotel with great service, not the boutique luxury hotel that we were expecting.

Room Tip: Upgrade upgrade if you want a luxury level type room
2 Thank TomGR
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

This was our 8th trip to Puerto Vallarta staying at the Villa Premiere. The service, food, hospitality and price was a perfect package for our friends 70th birthday celebration. Allesandro and his staff pulled out all the bells and whistles for the occasion. Bravo! We'll be back again next year.

Room Tip: Masters suite 2401 and 2701 are the best views in the hotel.
2 Thank MichaelTexas300
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

We just returned from two weeks all-inclusive at the Villa Premiere. This is a small hotel that is an oasis of quiet and wonderful adults-only ambience that exceeded our expectations.

Value – Great value for money. We were met with champagne, cool cloths and a complementary neck massage when we arrived. Check in was fast and polite, and our bags were at our room within minutes. Alexander, the manager who was on site every day, all day, asked what he could do to make our stay better. I told him I would like some champagne before dinner. We walked in to the restaurant and gave our room number and the champagne appeared. They have Jazz night with table-side food preparation and a jazz trio poolside once a week; Folkloric night with a welcoming drink of tasty fruit margarita (guava one night, and cucumber and something else another night), top-shelf tequila tasting, and a great show. There was a Mariachi group in the restaurants some nights.

Food and Service - Marvelous food, absolutely first rate personalized service. All meals and snacks are a la carte. You can tell that the ingredients are fresh and local and the recipes either traditional Mexican or Mexican-European fusion. Tell Eduardo at La Cieba restaurant what you would like to start breakfast each morning (fresh squeezed orange, juice, an exotic juice, or an energy mix with almond and wheat germ?) and he will bring it for you without being asked the next time. Wonderful breakfasts, just ask for what you want, but the menu covers just about everything. For dinner in Murales restaurant I asked Jose-Maria for a "Mui Grande Diet Coke", and he brought a chalice-sized glass, lots of ice and a lime slice, just the way I like it. Each time I came in, after saying, "The usual cola, senor?” he would bring it and keep it filled. You like Spanish coffee with desert? Just ask. The menus were changed and expanded while we were there. The lamb was my favourite. At El Manglar the beef fillet with pasta was great. Seafood soups were made with bay scallops, shrimps and fresh snapper. Room service was fast with an extensive menu and all included. I tipped for good service. Some other guests did not. There was no difference in service that I ever could see.

Sleep Quality - The mattresses were wonderful, and the pillows we chose off of the pillow menu were what were asked for (medium firmness, pure down). We slept like babies. There was turn down service (really a complete room refresh) each night with chocolates on the pillow. Towel animals occasionally made an appearance.

Rooms - Every room faces the ocean, and are close enough to hear the surf. They range from a large standard hotel room (bar area with cupboards and separate sink, standard bathroom, small table and chairs in the room, and the same on the balcony) to large suites with Jacuzzis and separate sitting rooms. The bar is stocked daily with two varieties of beer, mineral water, bottled water and four different soft drinks. The fridge was never cold, though the bags of ice were plentiful. Slippers that fit my feet (XXL) were provided. Fresh robes also supplied.

Cleanliness - The rooms, restaurants, and facilities were kept and maintained up to the highest standards. There was never a hint of any mold or dust. The rooms had individual spa fragrance generators and you could choose the fragrance you wanted. We varied our choices. Our favourites were the cinnamon and the citronella.

Location - Right on the edge of the central zone, four blocks from the Malecon shopping area. Shops and bars within walking distance or a short cab ride away. But the food and service at the hotel are of such a high quality that you don't need to leave the property for meals. If you want pool volleyball with Macarena, buffets, drinking games, and the sound of children, you have full all-inclusive access to the large family resort next door. You have to watch the surf off the beach, because there is an undertow that can be dangerous; people should be warned about this upon arrival. But there are two sparkling pools, one with a swim-up bar, that were more than adequate to our needs.

This hotel spoiled us for the other places we have stayed in Puerto Vallarta and Cancun. I wish I was back there right now, having breakfast while overlooking Banderas Bay. I am going to watch the sales and we will return when we can.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are shaded in the afternoon, so that you can sit out on the balcony...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank cleon117
Aliso Viejo, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

We chose this hotel from the recommendations on TripAdvisor.

The GOOD: Great location and good food even though limited choices. Would NOT recommend All Inclusive.

The BAD:

Very uptight environment...

You can hear EVERYTHING through the adjoining doors to other guests rooms..

Prior to booking I emailed the hotel to see if Moet Chandon & Dom Perignon were included in the All Inclusive. Sales person advised "YES" it was. Upon arrival & looking forward to our 1st glass, we are told "NO" it isn't. Front deskman Francisco did find my email & let us know they would include the Moet Chandon, but the sales person would have to pay for it ($200 a bottle) as she messed up. We said to forget it & they said nevermind, she WILL NOT have to pay for it. So, the next afternoon we had a bottle & our waiter advised us he had 5 more bottles chilling for us. Later that night we had 1 more. Next day, NOBODY knew where the bottles went and they said they did not have anymore.. Francisco said someone would go to the store to get some and that never happened. Then they tell us the supplier would bring more Monday (knowing we check out that day). I asked for the Dom Perignon which they did have & was in my email & they said no.

Never once did anybody try to make it right. From the beginning they should have just said we'll give you 2 bottles & that is all we can do. Or just say we are sorry but it was a mistake and do nothing. But to give us the run-around the entire trip was unacceptable..

I would not recommend this hotel to friends or any champagne drinkers as all they serve is Andres.

Room Tip: Have no other guests on either side of you.
3 Thank shanna661