Found this place on Trip Advisor and it did not disappoint. You can only get there by hiking or by water taxi and you must reserve your spot in advance on their website. CASH ONLY so come prepared. There are lots of delicious things on the menu and a full bar, so you might want to bring more cash than you think you need. You can swim out to a little dock belonging to the restaurant a few hundred feet out, some come prepared to swim!
One problem we ran into is that we wanted to hike to the restaurant but could not find specific directions online. We had to ask some of the locals who directed us as best they could in English, though many of them had not heard of the restaurant. This is a moderate trail which is quite narrow, steep and crumbly in places. You'll want to wear good walking shoes. Here are directions for hiking:
- Take the bus to Boca de Tomatlan (coming from PV it is the last stop on the bus line, where the bus turns around. when you get on the bus you will find many American tourists heading there for the beaches).
- Get off the bus and walk down the hill to your right toward the beach.
- Walk left down the road at the bottom of the hill (you will feel like you are now heading away from the beach)
- Look for a bridge across the river to your right. There are two different options- either will get you where you need to be.
- Cross the bridge and walk to your right. Follow the path that leads along the edge of the river and then turns to follow the coastline. At times this path merges with what look like private driveways, but just keep going. You should be next to the ocean at all times until you reach the trail. Walk past Casa de los Artistas, Lagunamar and Casa Boca del Rio.
- The trail is clearly marked but does not say "Ocean Grill". Rather, it points toward the beach nearby -"Colomitos".
- Follow this trail, following the marks on the trees when it forks.
- About 40 minutes later you will arrive at Ocean Grill.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.