“A pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We've been walking by here since the restaurant opened a little over a year ago. This week, vowing to try someplace besides our favorites, and admittedly drawn by the 50% off promotion, we decided to try Miel.

This is a tough location to open a restaurant. On the corner of two lesser traveled streets and not near any other restaurants, the owners have succeeded in creating a vibrant space and dynamic menu. The dining room is quiet and decorated with some great contemporary art. We didn't go to the bar but we could see that it was well stocked. Many of the dishes on the menu contain honey (miel in spanish), hence the name. Choices are quite eclectic and things you won't find on most menus. A good blend of traditional Italian and Asian fusion. We started with the beef carpaccio which was insanely good, dressed with a light orange/honey sauce instead of balsamic vinegar. For our main courses we had the shrimp on garbanzo puree with mint rice and the fish with mango sauce. Both were beautifully presented but I think the portions were almost too small. We are not heavy eaters but we felt we could have eaten just a little more.
There is an extensive list of specialty cocktails, all priced at $70 pesos. Hard to beat.

Even with the 50% off promotion, they didn't seem to have many customers. We sure hope they make it because we look forward to many repeat visits.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My friend walked by this gem one day on his way to the beach, and thank God he did. The food was wonderful. They have a 1/2 menu during the month of April. I had the Pollo Miel both times I went and it was wonderful. My friend had the Filet Mignon both times, but it was better the first time as he got alot of fat in the second. But everything was 1/2 price with the purchase of a drink. You can not go wrong stopping by and enjoying a meat at Miel.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friends and I have walked everyday by Miel for the past few months and we always wanted to go but never made the time and finally one day Miel had a promotion and we went it boy we were amazed at the excellent food. The house salad is delicious. Two of us had Ribeye and the other two Pasta dishes. All were excellent.. I will certainly will go back again. When in doubt just ask the servers who are extremely helpful.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The wife could eat Italian food 7 days a week if I let her. We have never seen this place and only went on recommendations from a friend. Boy, have we been missing out on some great Italian food. Service was very good, and the place is very neat and clean. Wife had the lasagna and I had the seafood pasta. Both dishes were fantastic. As a bonus they were offering 50% of your entree if you ordered a drink. Our bar bill was more than out dinner. Will definitely be going back in the future. Would have given 5 stars, but had to ask twice for bread and extra parmesan with our meal. But go, you wont be disappointed if you like good Italian food. We would have to say one of the best in Puerto Vallarta.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went here based on a friends recommendation and we are glad we did. All of the month of February they are offering 50% off all food items when you purchase one drink. My husband and I ordered a Corona. The place is very clean and neat. The waiter was very attentive and was able to describe the dishes on menu. He spoke English well. We order a salad to split, which was not an issue with them. They brought out two salad plates with the salad. It was big and fresh ingredients. I ordered the Lasagna and my husband order the seafood spaghetti. Both were excellent. The seafood included mussels, shrimp and baby clams. They served a basket of hot rolls with dinner. The food is reasonably priced and then to get 50% off is incredible. Delicious food at unbelievable prices. We will go again.