Blue Bay Club Puerto Vallarta
$195
$321
$274
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$257
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$381
$286
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$449
$152
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$159
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$182
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 10, 2009

I went with my fiancee in December 2007. We spent 3 weeks in PV. The first week we didn't have any reservation anywhere, so we went into old Vallarta and found an old room above a barber shop. Spartan, old, with a shower you didn't feel right getting into. So after a week of that, we were looking forward to the Blue Bay. All week, when we mentioned we were going to stay there, we got very poor reviews. So when we arrived, I can't say we were surprised, but at the same time, it was still quite a disappointment....even after the barber shop room!

Here's a no bull breakdown of the CONS: Towels were supposed to be blue and white...they were grey and white because they were so old; you had to get out to the beach chairs early and claim one, otherwise you would be sitting on a sun bleached out, torn and saggy mess that you couldn't really get comfortable in because it was so broken down...I kid you not...we would often "mix and match" parts of beach chairs to "create" one that we could use during the day (I'm honestly not kidding!) ; cheezy dance music blared LOUD all day from the stage, so loud that you would have to get out early to find a good chair far enough away that you could "kind of" get used to it. But if you went to the beach to get away from the music, you would be bothered about every 2 minutes from the beach vendors...we chose the music. THE FOOD...omg...the food. Soooooooooooooooooooo bad. Mystery meat served everyday. The only good eats were the fruit...seriously. And the A La Carte restaurent under the broken and not running waterfall... freakin' horrible! You would only go to that restaurent to get a different meal, certainly not a better one; Cracked and faded paint and cement around the pools and decks

The PROS: Large clean rooms. Simple, not luxury, but ours was clean and spacious (however, we saw one of the non-beach view rooms, they were tiny, dark and DEFINITELY not recommended!); close enough to walk into town (ten minutes or so); if you're under 24 or so, and single or in a group and like to party hard and drink hard, and you're on a budget...could be a good option (but I can't think of too many other types of people that would have a good time here (mind you, there were some 50 something's there who were boozy all the time and obviously having a great time).

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bullitz
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Having just read some of the reviews I must say, I am completely shocked!

There are 2 parts to the Blue Bay.. the Blue Bay Club which is aimed more for familys (the location I will be writing my review on) and the Blue Bay Getaway which is more for young people, looking to have a very outgoing time! (The Blue Bay Getaway is in a completely different part of Cancun)

I travelled to the Blue Bay Club with my mum (51), sister (28) and myself (18) at the time and had such an amazing time!

The rooms were very clean, well looked after (basic, but still, everything you need...and how many people spend that much time in their room on holiday anyway?!) (The photographs on the Blue Bay Clubs do the hotel justice - it's exactly as it is... Besides the resturant - it's much nicer!

The location from the front of the hotel didn't look much but after walking in and through to the other side where most of the time is spend, it was just gorgeous, lovely clean beach, blue seas, perfect! There was a shuttle bus provided to take you over to the Blue Bay Getaway (which was free), as quite a few day trips leave from there - it is quite a nice experience even just to go over for the day

The food was fantastic, lots of choice and provided at the right times. There is entertainment through the day, if it's not your thing, it's easy enough to get away from too - not in your face at all. Evening entertainment was always enjoyable and buses were provided at night if you fancied going out to the nightclubs in Cancun (which I highly reccommend as it's not like the UK club scene - it's more of a show with people flying through the air! Then clubbing later in the night).
Although Cancun is very commercial there are plenty of opportunities to see the real Mexico.

Over and above all the service was just amazing - I honestly cannot say enough about the staff that work there, they enjoy their job and are so friendly and helpful. I got quite badly sunburnt a few days into the holiday and the chef even made me some kind of egg thing to put on myself to cool and help treat the sunburn (although it didn't smell that great!) Carlos in particular was fantastic! My mum and me went into the local Mexican town to do some shopping, he called for Taxi's, wrote names of places to go, advised us on what we should pay, told the taxi driver the max we would be paying even!!

I just can't stress enough how fantastic this holiday was - I will definately be going back! My mum, sister and myself are all very different and actually wanted quite different things from this holiday and we all came back wishing we we're still there!

I honestly could not reccommend it enough!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Debbie_R09
Reviewed December 24, 2007

Very nice place! Large, clean hotel room with A/C, lots of food and drinks and entertainment, lots of staff speak English, very nice pools, okay beach.

• Stayed: February 2003, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 22, 2007

This was just months after the hurricane and I was impressed at how clean the resort was. The staff were friendly and yes it's a party resort. If you're over 50 years old, try to book at another resort. It's not a 24 hour party resort, you can relax and have a good time. The evening entertainment was good but need some work. Food was OK but not great, unless you ate at the restorant under the waterfall. North of the resort was abit ghetto-ish and the Sheraton to the south was abandaned at the time due to the storm months before. I'd go again and this time I intend to win the 'Ugly swimsuit' contest.

Mike Thibodeau Edmonton AB
thepuppy49@hotmail.com

• Stayed: February 2003, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank thepuppy49
Reviewed April 19, 2006

We went to Blue Bay in October 2001, it was great to be in an adults only hotel with plenty of things to keep us occupied if we choose to, or you could just relax around the pool, or laze on the beach just a 2 second walk from the pool. The staff and entertainers were extremley friendly and always happy to have a laugh.
The weather was magnificent. the food wasn't as good as i've had in other resorts but you can't expect the best of everything. Would definatly go back.

• Stayed: October 2001