“Had a very good time.”

Blue Bay Club Puerto Vallarta
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Vallarta
Blue Bay Club Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #112 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
edmonton
“Had a very good time.”
Reviewed August 22, 2007

This was just months after the hurricane and I was impressed at how clean the resort was. The staff were friendly and yes it's a party resort. If you're over 50 years old, try to book at another resort. It's not a 24 hour party resort, you can relax and have a good time. The evening entertainment was good but need some work. Food was OK but not great, unless you ate at the restorant under the waterfall. North of the resort was abit ghetto-ish and the Sheraton to the south was abandaned at the time due to the storm months before. I'd go again and this time I intend to win the 'Ugly swimsuit' contest.

Mike Thibodeau Edmonton AB
thepuppy49@hotmail.com

• Liked — It was very clean
  • Disliked — Food for the lunch buffet needed to change abit from day to day.
  • Stayed February 2003, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank thepuppy49

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brighton, England
Reviewed April 19, 2006

We went to Blue Bay in October 2001, it was great to be in an adults only hotel with plenty of things to keep us occupied if we choose to, or you could just relax around the pool, or laze on the beach just a 2 second walk from the pool. The staff and entertainers were extremley friendly and always happy to have a laugh.
The weather was magnificent. the food wasn't as good as i've had in other resorts but you can't expect the best of everything. Would definatly go back.

• Stayed October 2001
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 27, 2006

I just returned from our stay at the Getaway Club (Feb '06) and I really have nothing bad to say about the place. Obviously the standard of living is a little less than ours in Canada, but it is to be expected. I laugh at all of the people who got sick from the food because I have eaten at over 250 different restaurants all over the world, and I thought that the food there was pretty good. The a la carte restaurants had fast, friendly service, and quite frankly the most delicious food I've ever eaten. Antonio G. whips up the best omelettes you will ever eat for breakfast. The activities staff are so much fun and are downright hilarious. The beach is top notch (the other surrounding hotels have ROCK PILES for a beach). This place is for anyone 18-25 that are looking for fun...older, pickier people should look into the Sheraton or something upscale - Getaway Club is for PARTYING and getting downright WASTED! Just a few tips: Stay clear of the open bars for Christine and Collage - you will pay $30 to get open bar, but you will have to tip $5 each time you get a drink or the bartenders wont even look at you. Carlos O'Brians is by far the best night club in P.V. - pumping system, great prizes for the famed Thong Contest, cheap drinks and just a great time. Hooters is a waste of money - disgusting food at the same prices as anywhere else, plus the servers are nothing to look at. You can get a cab ride anywhere in the city for 35 pesos, so if the cab drivers tell you different, someone else will take you to your destination for 35 pesos ($3.50). You can BARTER for ANYTHING in mexico...only FOOLS pay full price. Remember that!

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada)
Reviewed March 30, 2005

but we had a great time at the Blue Bay Club when we visited in February, 2001. Maybe things have gone downhill since then but I found the rooms clean and overall the grounds nice. We asked for an ocean view room which were quite large and had friends who stayed in the mountain view rooms and they are very very small. I don't have a lot of good memories of the food. We didn't get into the alacarte resturants when we were there b/c they were booked when we ot there, so by weeks end, we were happy to go home and have some real food. The food was a big disappointment forsure. I didn't get sick but the 3 other people I went with were at one time or another (probably alcohol more than anything)

• Stayed January 2005
4 Thank Cee
southampton
Reviewed March 23, 2005

I stayed at the Blue Bay Hotel in Puerto Vallarta in September 1999, with my boyfriend and we had an excellent holiday there. The food was varied and very appetising, rooms were very clean and much bigger than we anticipated. The hotel staff were very friendly and service was first class, they would do anything for you. The facilities and entertainment was very good, there was always plenty to do and at 3'oclock every afternoon the pool was full of people playing 'Tequila Volleyball' which was great fun.
The location of the hotel was very good, you didn't have far to walk to go into Downtown Vallarta. And the views across Bandera's Bay were stunning, I had an excellent time in Puerto Vallarta and would definetely recommend it to anyone, I hope to go there again sometime soon and would certainly stay at the Blue Bay Club hotel without a doubt.

• Stayed September 1999
8 Thank tweet
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2004

2 minutes into room found a used hypodermic syringe (not the type diabetics use either). Room basic but lovely views. Food OK, entertainment poor and on too early. Beach had been washed away when we visited so had to sit on man made sandy terrace.

Spoilt by loud, drunk American and Canadian youngsters who sicked up over tables, swore and dropped their trousers and pants in front of young children. I expect its better when its not school holidays.

Town itself lovely and trips out great but I would never go back to hotel. By the way make sure you hand in your all inclusive band the management tried to stop me getting on my bus back to the airport because I'd packed mine by mistake.

10 Thank suetoo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 22, 2004

This was my second time vacationing in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. My first time however staying at the Blue Bay. I was booked at the Blue Bay Getaway for one week. My previous vacation was at the Sheridan Buganvilias in PVR, no comparison to the Blue Bay. It was apparent on my arrival that the Blue Bay was in need of remodeling or something. Everything seemed worn out and dirty. The room was nothing to write home about either but upon very careful inspection of the room, I didn't find anything that was living in the room other than me. No eight or more legged creatures! It wasn't until my second night that I discovered the multi leg creature but the worst this is, it wasn't in my room! It was in the burrito I was half finished eating at lunch! I could have turned myself inside out when I found the large dead bug in my food. Well if fate would have had it, the hotel was offering a free excursion to their sister hotel, the Blue Bay Club, that very night for dinner. It was arrange for the guests interested to watch the solar eclipse from the opposite side of the bay, where the Blue Bay Club was located. I happily decided to take the trip with some of the other guests. Well shortly after dinner, it was brought to my attention by one of the others in our group that the management of the hotel was offering us rooms to stay at their hotel for no additional costs if we wanted to switch the next day. They were sending a bus to our hotel in the morning and if we were interested, all we had to do was be on the bus. I think I was the first one to get on the bus but I was not the only one. Many of the guests were also so impressed by the contrast of the two hotels that they also switched. The food that the club was obviously more appetizing and the hotel seemed newer and cleaner. Although both hotels were run by a company that was in it only for the dollar of the first time guests, otherwise visitors would return a second and third time. I remember distinctly while staying at the Sheridan, many guests telling me that this was their third, fourth or more visit to that very hotel. I may have paid a few hundred dollars more for the luxury of the Sheridan but I can honestly tell you that my next visit in October of this year will not be close to the Blue Bays. I would not recommend it to anyone.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member