“Vacation Splendor”

Salud Super Food
Ranked #2 of 1,058 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Healthy, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: WE WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER Healthy, vegetarian and vegan friendly, smoothies, wraps, salads, sandwiches, breakfast all day, lunch after 11:30a.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was delighted to find Salud Super Food! I had read about them on the internet before arriving in PV --- and I was surprised and happy to find the restaurant located right across the street from my hotel! I went every morning for breakfast and a smoothie. They gladly made food just to my taste and liking, happily adding a crisp green salad on my breakfast plate every morning. The smoothies are great -- I turned my friend on to them before leaving town. This restaurant made my vacation; as a health concious gal, I was so happy to eat clean and delicious while on vacation. Even took an order to go for the wait in the airport. Can't wait to visit them again next time I am in town.

2  Thank Susan M

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I love coming here for breakfast. They have the best smoothies and muffins too. So glad to have somewhere to go when I want to eat healthy & vegan! Highly recommend even if you're not vegan or vegetarian.

The owners and employees always have a smile on their faces. This place radiates nothing but positivity and I love it for that, too. (:

2  Thank ccupcakess
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Every experience here is wonderful. The food and smoothies are delicious. The people working are so kind, and also speak English. I have been coming here ever morning/afternoon since finding this place. Highly recommended.

1  Thank ParisDonohoe
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Staff are very friendly, service is quick. Food is wholesome, a great way to detox from sins of prior night, and yet very tasty. Good value for the pesos. We started almost every day here.

1  Thank Guy C
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was hoping to be blown away by this little spot because it is a healthier alternative to much of the local fare and because it is an easy walk from my condo. It really is a great location right on Olas Altas (used to be Mama Delores for you old timers). The first time I went in for a salad to go the owner refused to serve me because it was almost 4:00 pm. They close at 4:00 - why I'm not sure because I think they'd do a good dinner business with the little outdoor patio and high volume of foot traffic. Anyway, I was determined to try the place even though the hours don't really work for me. Picked a cloudy afternoon so as to not miss beach time and ventured over. Had their version of a Greek salad and was not terribly impressed (Coco's Kitchen and Vitea's versions are much better). I'm sure it was super healthy but lettuce was dark green ends of the leaves not the sweet crunchy heart. Overall, I might try it again if my body is telling me to get some roughage but not in a big hurry.

1  Thank Fred T
salud24, Owner at Salud Super Food, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Fred T,
Let me start by apologizing for the 1st time you tried to come in at “almost 4:00”. I’m not sure what transpired (very disappointed that you experienced this), but I can tell you as one of the owners I have specifically uttered the words “we take orders until 4:00” to guests walking in at almost 4:00 dozens of times, in the 2 plus years we have been here. Having been in the business for a long time I have always been a proponent of restaurants taking orders up until the minute they state their closing time is. This is an issue throughout our business and I have always maintained here, at Salud, when we state a specific closing time, we happily take orders until that time. Our hope is that starting in October, our hours will be better for many of our valued guests as we will be extending our operating hours and taking our last food orders at 9:00 PM.
I am also very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your Greek salad. This not only is one of my favorite dishes but one I’m very proud of when comparing to others. You are correct we use mostly dark greens in our salads but we do this to get optimal nutrition, as the darker the fruit/vegetable the more nutrient rich it is. My hope is that we have some other delicious item you can find enjoyable if/when you visit us next.
Finally, I noticed you felt our service and value to be average. If there is anything else you would like to add please feel free to send your much appreciated feedback to me directly at whnuno@gmail.com. Your feedback is very helpful and valuable in our attempt to continue to improve our guests experience so thank you for taking the time!
Muchas Gracias Fred T.