“Healthy and delicious”

Salud Super Food
Ranked #1 of 1,033 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Healthy, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: WE WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER Healthy, vegetarian and vegan friendly, smoothies, wraps, salads, sandwiches, breakfast all day, lunch after 11:30a.
wisconsin
“Healthy and delicious”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

What a great find this restaurant is. It's very small, too small but everything is made as healthily as possible while not sacrificing taste. The prices are a tad high but I think that's the way most of the city is going. They have cornered a special demographic on the South side.
Try the smoothies. Gasoline is my favorite. The lentil soup is wonderful and often the owners try to be friendly. There are a few tables outside under a canopy, which makes for crowded dining. There is a table and some chairs, even a sofa indoors. Comfortable seating but a bit too loud. They close early, I think 4:00 so if you want a bite of something, make sure to go before then.
Apparently the bakery is homemade every day, can't rave about it but cannot say anything negative as I've only had one muffin which wasn't that fresh and seemed to be burned on the bottom.
Give it a try though, you may just like it and it's a change from most of the restaurants there.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank whyme

Las Vegas
“Very surprised!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Let me preface this by saying I am by no means a vegetarian, vegan or even a really healthy eater but Salud really surprised me! It was VERY tasty!!!! I ordered the "Pollo Oriental" wrap and LOVED it! The chicken was delicious in it and it was crunchy and very satisfying. Also got the water flavored with pineapple, mint and basil and wow was it refreshing! I really enjoyed my lunch and we will be back!!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank CruisinJenF
Vancouver
“Pacha Azul...I love you!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Friends took us here on our last day for lunch. My wife and I are both Veg so this was a nice place to learn about. I had the Pacha Azul homeade veggie burger (Quinoa, mushrooms, etc.. with gorganzola blue on it. Supposed to come with turkey bacon but I ordered without. Comes with all the regular veg comes with a side of patatoes. It was SO GOOD I ordered a second one right after I finished the first one and I never do that. It was just SO GOOD I wanted more. My Wife had the PachaMama which she enjoyed along with a great antioxidant smoothie. Everything here looked healthy and tasty. I can't wait to return for another burger.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank screweduproyal
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great natural food...”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

If you are a natural food lover and care about what you are eating while in PV, Salud is a great place to eat. I hope the locals and tourists continue to support this place so it will be here every time I return.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank kris j
Calgary
“Good Almost-Veggie Food - Cafeteria Style”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We visited Salud after reading reviews in Trip Advisor - we wanted some healthy, more vegetarian alternatives to the Mexican cuisine in the area. As expected, the format is place your order and pay at the counter and a server delivers your items to your sidewalk table. My Azul veggie burger and side salad were delicious. Very tasty "green gasoline" smoothie. My wife's curry vegetable soup was watery, lacking body. Salud does not give you a number to guide the server to deliver the order to your table when it is ready...so the servers mix up which table gets an order. The seating is rather cramped, with small tables in an area on the sidewalk, merging onto the road. Cars and delivery vehicles shuffle past your plate... It is surprisingly noisy for Old Vallarta. Go for the tasty food, not for the service nor the comfort.

• Visited February 2014