“Pacha Azul...I love you!!!”
Review of Salud Super Food

Salud Super Food
Ranked #1 of 1,033 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Healthy, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: WE WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER Healthy, vegetarian and vegan friendly, smoothies, wraps, salads, sandwiches, breakfast all day, lunch after 11:30a.
Vancouver
“Pacha Azul...I love you!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Friends took us here on our last day for lunch. My wife and I are both Veg so this was a nice place to learn about. I had the Pacha Azul homeade veggie burger (Quinoa, mushrooms, etc.. with gorganzola blue on it. Supposed to come with turkey bacon but I ordered without. Comes with all the regular veg comes with a side of patatoes. It was SO GOOD I ordered a second one right after I finished the first one and I never do that. It was just SO GOOD I wanted more. My Wife had the PachaMama which she enjoyed along with a great antioxidant smoothie. Everything here looked healthy and tasty. I can't wait to return for another burger.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank screweduproyal

Anchorage, Alaska
“Great natural food...”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

If you are a natural food lover and care about what you are eating while in PV, Salud is a great place to eat. I hope the locals and tourists continue to support this place so it will be here every time I return.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank kris j
Calgary
“Good Almost-Veggie Food - Cafeteria Style”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We visited Salud after reading reviews in Trip Advisor - we wanted some healthy, more vegetarian alternatives to the Mexican cuisine in the area. As expected, the format is place your order and pay at the counter and a server delivers your items to your sidewalk table. My Azul veggie burger and side salad were delicious. Very tasty "green gasoline" smoothie. My wife's curry vegetable soup was watery, lacking body. Salud does not give you a number to guide the server to deliver the order to your table when it is ready...so the servers mix up which table gets an order. The seating is rather cramped, with small tables in an area on the sidewalk, merging onto the road. Cars and delivery vehicles shuffle past your plate... It is surprisingly noisy for Old Vallarta. Go for the tasty food, not for the service nor the comfort.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Richard289
Bay Area, CA
“Consistently Delicious”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I returned to Salud Super Food after a year's hiatus during my recent visit to PV. It was as satisfying and delicious as ever. Salud boasts bowls and wraps, but one addition to the menu since my visit in 2012 is the Panchamama Burger, a homemade veggie burger that I believe is largely made from mushrooms (Note: it is vegetarian, but it is not vegan). They had been experimenting with it the year before, and now it is a permanent fixture on the menu with several different varieties. It's one of my favorite items.

I love Salud. I wish there were one that was closer to where I typically stay north of the Malecon, about 2m/3km north. Still, I seem to visit at least four times over a two week period.

Salud is not a vegetarian restaurant, but it is a restaurant that truly understands vegetarian preferences and accommodates them gracefully. Most of the menu is either vegetarian or can be adapted to be vegetarian (the bowls and wraps can be made with tofu or veggie burger instead of meat). There are only a couple of items, such as the Ceasar dressing (made with anchovies), that are not amenable to a strict vegetarian diet. That said, one doesn't have to be vegetarian to love Salud. It's quality and taste combined.

Please note: Salud is only open for breakfast and lunch (approx. 8a-4p) and CLOSED Sundays.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank SalsaB
Oak Park, Michigan
“Good Food”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

went for breakfast. good service, good food. Friendly place. Sidewalk seating. Order food at counter and they bring it out to you. Menu is not the every day kind of food. They say its the healthy food. It's very good....

• Visited February 2014