“great steak”
Review of Sonora Grill Prime

Sonora Grill Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Sonora Grill Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 1,033 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: PELICANOS Y CARRTERA FEDEREL 200
Description: Sonora Grill blends the irresistible taste of the cuts Sterling Silver with first class service and an innovative and unique atmosphere. We have an excellent selection of Mexican and international wines, resident dj every day and double distilled beverages. We're waiting for you!
Taos, New Mexico
“great steak”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

first time at this restaurant had a great meal and a 1st class bottle of wine, the staff were attentive and the manager hector was a great host. we will be there next time we visit vallarta.

• Visited February 2013

guadalajara
“Watch out!!!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Have been several times at Sonora Grill and it has gone from Excellent to pretty bad this last visit. Might come back for a drink but not for steak:(!!!!!
Prime Sterling, USCHOICE meat....?????????????
Feb 1st 2013 went for a private baby shower for my daughter. Payed a fortune
and walked out hungry.
I sent back a very expensive meat cut because I'm sure it was bad, bad as much as making you sick. Very refrigerated, maybe thawed & frozen again:( bad!!!!!
The waiter comes with a wooden tray that holds a VERY HOT Iron plate that is still cooking your meat. The second cut had some fat that was cooking still; when brought to me it was sprinkling HOT fat. The waiter was not careful AT ALL I moved back but anyway sprinkled some grease on me. The meat was not at all cooked right both times.
Friends that live in the area have the same opinion as me.
A pity because its a beautiful place.

2 Thank male13
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Great steak - excellent service”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Really enjoyed this restaurant, the waiters are very knowledgeable about everything on the menu and are quite happy to make recommendations. I had the rib-eye to share and it was delicious. It comes out on a sizzling plate, so make sure you either get them to switch plates so it doesn't cook all the way through, or order it rare so its cooked to your liking. I had a side of cactus (just because i could), it was odd but i'm glad i tried it. The wine list is quite impressive too.
This is a lovely place, slightly more pricey than most, but well worth it if you are needing something a little less spicy and closer to home.
Fully recommend this experience.

• Visited January 2013
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Some very opinions about this place, with most of the poor reviews centering on the service, but i cannot fault it - in a town where you need to expect slower service than you would expect, the service here was in relation outstanding. Our waiter Eduardo was extremely funny, ensured our drinks were always full, made recommendations and was attentive without being over-bearing. We obviously got one of the better waiters.

The food was pretty good - the best rib-eye i have had in quite some time - and the Margerita's were exceptional! If you want a modern trendy setting, great food, some intersting music and good service, then give this this place a try.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jez G
San Jose, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sonora Grill Restaurant”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had the opportunity of eating twice during Christmas vacation 2012. First I took my whole family and then on 12/24/2012 my wife and I had dinner.
Excellent service both times we ate there. Food was very good the second time. I was a bit disappointed with the New york steak the first time I ate there. I expected a New York steak to be a cut as I am used to in Argentina. The steak was very thin although it was properly cooked. My wife and grandchildren did enjoy the meals both times and I on both times had Mexican wines that were very good.
I certainly plan to return to the restaurant next time I visit Puerto Vallarta.

• Visited December 2012