“Sonora Grill Restaurant”
Review of Sonora Grill Prime

Sonora Grill Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Sonora Grill Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,016 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: PELICANOS Y CARRTERA FEDEREL 200
Description: Sonora Grill blends the irresistible taste of the cuts Sterling Silver with first class service and an innovative and unique atmosphere. We have an excellent selection of Mexican and international wines, resident dj every day and double distilled beverages. We're waiting for you!
San Jose, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sonora Grill Restaurant”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had the opportunity of eating twice during Christmas vacation 2012. First I took my whole family and then on 12/24/2012 my wife and I had dinner.
Excellent service both times we ate there. Food was very good the second time. I was a bit disappointed with the New york steak the first time I ate there. I expected a New York steak to be a cut as I am used to in Argentina. The steak was very thin although it was properly cooked. My wife and grandchildren did enjoy the meals both times and I on both times had Mexican wines that were very good.
I certainly plan to return to the restaurant next time I visit Puerto Vallarta.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Alejandro M

Lake County, Ohio
“Delicious dinner but the music is sooo loud!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stopped at the trendy Sonora after a long day of travel, looking for a light dinner. We had a short wait for a table and were offered cocktails to enjoy. The food was quite good. We had the caesar salad, ceviche, steak tacos and fish tacos. The margaritas were spot on.

The restaurant had music videos playing and they were so incredibly loud that it was difficult to have a conversation during dinner. The music selections were good, but it was entirely too noisy for me.

“Muy Fabuloso!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place is wonderful! The wine list is small, but great! The food is outstanding with plenty of tasty options. Try the cactus side with dinner, a little different but great! Make reservations, this place fills up fast. Our waiter, Moses, was beyond helpful and made sure that we had the BEST dining experience ever. Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank CorrieWatson
Vancouver, BC
“Fire the lot!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were looking for a lunch spot and the Sonora Grill Prime had great street appeal both inside and out. There was one other couple in a large setting, so it was pretty obvious there were more servers than customers.

We were given a very nice bowl of guacamole with three different hot sauces. Presentation was nice and service friendly. We had ordered a hamburger with fries and two Corona's. The fries came after about 15 minutes and then nothing happened for another 20 minutes - nobody came by to see if we wanted another beer or to advise when our order would arrive.

Our server had been joking with other servers and the chefs (its an open grill kitchen, so we could see 3 or 4 people standing around). I waved him over and asked about our hamburger. He said he would check but never returned. Realization hit me that he had forgot our order, so I got up and went to the grill and asked him when we could expect it. He said it would be soon, they had just " been waiting for fresh beef to arrive". I told him that was BS and asked for the bill.

He returned with the bill and said the fries were on the house. I gave him 100 pesos for the two beers and expected 20 pesos change - I wasn't about to tip the guy. However, he never returned and remained in the back corner until we just got fed up and left.

On the way out, we asked the hostess (a very pleasant, helpful lady) if we could see the manager. After a few minutes she returned and advised that "the manager is in his office and won't be coming out". We thanked her and left.

The owner of the restaurant has a huge capital investment as well as presumably expensive overhead with rent and staffing. I hope he reads this and replaces the manager with someone competent to manage staff and to hire people that can admit to a simple mistake of forgetting.

There are plenty of great restaurants in Puerto Vallarta that offer excellent food and service in lovely surroundings, but the Sonora Grill is not one of them!

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank TravelRichard
Fort Collins, Colorado
“new restaurant marina area”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

tried sonora after driving past it a few times. beautiful, modern decor, great menu and service. everything we ordered was fantastic- steak, side dishes, drinks. definitely will return.