“new restaurant marina area”
Review of Sonora Grill Prime

Sonora Grill Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Sonora Grill Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,057 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: PELICANOS Y CARRTERA FEDEREL 200
Description: Sonora Grill blends the irresistible taste of the cuts Sterling Silver with first class service and an innovative and unique atmosphere. We have an excellent selection of Mexican and international wines, resident dj every day and double distilled beverages. We're waiting for you!
Reviewed December 16, 2012

tried sonora after driving past it a few times. beautiful, modern decor, great menu and service. everything we ordered was fantastic- steak, side dishes, drinks. definitely will return.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Be careful of the prices was charged 1136 pesos for 2 steaks, we were very upset, tried to talk to manager but to no avail. It was my husband!s birthday and happened to mention it during our meal. At the end they skared my husband by coming to his back and started to sing and they brought a nice cake, but guess what? Was charged 65 pesos for this.
We live here in Vallarta and this was a real bad experience price wise and had the feeling of being laughed at, will never go back.

5  Thank Helene D
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Over priced and horrible disinterested service. We walked out after waiting 45 mins for an appy. Not what you normally expect in PV.

2  Thank Latetripper
Reviewed December 12, 2012

A 16oz. NY Strip, medium was perfect accompanied by grilled onions and chilies AND included was creamed spinach, as well as a choice of others,but I went for the traditional spinach. The very attentive and quick service could not have been better. One note: I was seated in the non-smoking area, only to have some thoughtless person have a cigarette for dessert, annoying several in my area. I requested to be moved and that request was granted immediately, before my dinner was brought out. I was offered 2x1 Don Julio 70, which was a surprise. The steak was MUCH BETTER than that of a certain "UNCLE" in New York City, but you didn't here it from me. Two glasses of wine, the meal and tequila was around $95.00 not including tip. I did not have dessert. EXCELLENT.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Let's be honest.... Service is about as bad as it gets in Mexico. For anyone who has traveled a bit, Mexico is the worst for any type of service which brings down the hotels, restaurnwts and bars. Wait too long of check in, too long to even get a menu and you'll be luck if a server sees you after 20 minutes on the beach. Mexicans just don"t care so it will take as long as they feel like when you are a tourist. Watch them rush to server their own though, especially the rich.... Funny!

Smora Grill Prime is typical of that. After maybe 40+ visits forgiving the service issues because it is neon only a few places in Puerto Vallarta woth any style or vibe, I really can't be bothered to return.

I am tired of them allowing smoking inside, tired of the fight for basics like water which seem too challenging and tired of the surly attitude of the waiters.

It is such as shame as the food is very good once you know what to order but the Mexican arrogance will mess it each time and here is no exception.

As Mexocans always say when you complain, "go somewhere else then!'

By the way I live here and speak fluent Spanish yet they still couldn't care less!

1  Thank CharlesTheVoyager