“Tight lines all morning!”
Review of PV Sportfishing

PV Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Puerto Vallarta fishing Charters with PV Sportfishing We offer economy and luxury fishing charters. Catch Marlin, Sailfish, Dorado, Wahoo, Yellowfin Tuna and more fishing in Puerto Vallarta Mexico
Wyoming
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tight lines all morning!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My brother and I booked a morning through PV Sportfishing and had the time of our lives! Got into the tuna that morning, Yellowtails and Bonitas. Captain Caesar and his crew of one were great. After a quick trip to Mismaloya to net some sardines we were out past Los Arcos and into the fish. The area was packed with charters but we all caught fish. There really was not a slow time in the 4 hours we were out. My brother's hope was to catch some tuna and eat them the same day. We did and had fresh sashimi and seared tuna steaks. What a nice addition to our trip to Mexico. I highly recommend them and will definitely book again. Thanks Damon for your great customer service in getting us lined up and hats off to Caesar and crew for the tight lines all morning!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank M T

California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I booked a three-day charter on the Ana Maria II with PV Sportfishing to take our 16 year old grandson on a fishing trip for his birthday. They met all of my expectations and more. We had three exciting and fun albeit long days (14 hours each). But, they were productive. The skipper Luis and deckhands Alfredo and Carlos (not regulars on this boat) were excellent. They worked their butts off to get the catch of a lifetime for our grandson and he did. Over the three days he caught (and released) five Sailfish, Dorados, Yellowfin Tuna, Skipjack, and Rainbows. Weather was hot as expected but spectacular. Highly recommend this charter company and the crew.

Visited July 2014
puertovallartafish, Manager at PV Sportfishing, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Thanks for the great Puerto Vallarta fishing review . Looks like you guy's had some epic days fishing with captain Luis aboard the Ana Maria 2 You basically caught everything but a Marlin but You did catch 5 Sailfish Wow. I'm glad you guy's had a great day and hope to see you again in Puerto Vallarta Mexico in the future thanks again for fishing with PV Sportfishing Charters.
Colgate, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We recently went fishing on the Bertam with Captian Jose and first mate Jesus. We orginally booked the Ana Maria but 2 days before our trip we were told that it was having mechanical issues and that the Betram was available instead. Jesus worked very hard but the captain did virtually nothing and we basically drove around for 6 hours and caught 5 little bonita fish. Not sure how it is supposed to work but it didn't seem like the captian had any "honey" spots. At one point we were fishing around a piece of plywood floating in the middle of the ocean. The Captian offered to let us go longer and we paid $50 for an extra hour and we finally caught 2 Mahi Mahi. Others we talked to who went that day caught more fish and even a few sharks. When the trip was over the captian told us the port we left from in Nuevo Vallarta was closed and he had to take us to PV which cost us 300 pesos to take a cab back instead of 90 pesos. I think this was a lie and he just didnt want to take us all the way back to NV. I understand fishing can be hit or miss but the captian didn't seem to be trying very hard. We did see 2 sea turtles and dolphins swimming along side the boat. It was basically an expensive 6 hour boat ride. My daughter did get a little sea sick. I would recommend bringing a bag in case of sickness and go out on a full stomach.

Visited June 2014
puertovallartafish, Manager at PV Sportfishing, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
I'm Sorry you were disappointed about your trip and I apologize the boat you requested had mechanical issues the week of your charter and though the owners do everything they can to maintain the boats still sometimes these things do happen and when they do We will either try to upgrade the client or get them a similar boat at a discounted rate or refund your deposit and cancel your trip. We let you know as soon as we did the boat had mechanical issues and you chose to go on a similar boat for discounted rate. Though all of the captains try hard not all the boats can catch the same thing every day that is why it is called fishing I'm glad you guy's did catch fish 5 Bonitas and 2 Dorado that is not bad for fishing in the bay and is exactly what We have on our website right now for the fishing report for shorter day's inside the bay. Floating trees, branches, or logs can be great feeding grounds for Dorado and other species any fishermen will tell you that. All of the captains fish hard and know the fishing grounds. We always have the positive attitude and try to do everything We can to give you a great trip which show's in the rest of our reviews.
Glasgow
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic Trip”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Cesar and the crew for an amazing day out on the Pacific (05/16/14).
After 8 hours we had only caught some tuna and a huge Marlin broke the line!! We had almost given up catching anything else when, thanks to Cesar's quick reactions we caught two large sailfish!!
I was delighted as I have always wanted to catch a sailfish. The whole day the crew were great and my wife, who doesn't fish, really enjoyed seeing the dolphins and turtles out at sea. The weather was perfect and the sea was calm.
Aperfect day.

We will post on trip adviser also as your services were great and we had no problems with anything.

thanks again

Chris and Eleanor Wylie
United Kingdom

Visited May 2014
1 Thank ellywGlasgow
Thanks for the great Puerto Vallarta fishing review it is always good to see fishermen catching big fish. I'm glad captain Cesar was able to find you some Sailfish and don't worry you will catch that Marlin next time. Again thanks for the great review and fishing with PV Sportfishing in Puerto Vallarta.
Rineyville, Kentucky
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Capt Hector”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We caught 5 Mahi Mahi while we fishing in the rain with Capt Hector. When you fish for Mahi Mahi you only troll so be prepared to sit and wait. Once you hook one, they are a great fight and fun. We also saw about 15 different whales and literally thousands of dolphins. The Capt stopped to let us watch the family of whales literally 30 -40 feet off the side of the boat. Just amazing...

Visited December 2013