Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM

from $58.00
from $99.00
from $199.00
More Info
All reviews ceviche whale watching captain jose fishing trip deep sea fishing mahi hour trip caught fish skip jacks continental breakfast whales and dolphins great fishing great trip baby whale crew members nice boat paradise village
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

SHARED FISHING: I used Mike's when I was here in March and figured I would try them again since I had such a good first experience. While I didn't reel in a large fish this time I got 4 Bonitas and 4 Spanish Makerel. They were good size and I know from the chatter with other boats we were the only one that caught ANYTHING today. Rafeal, Chewy, and Juan were awesome. The reason for this review is because I booked a shared and had the boat all to myself. I would say 99.9% of the time an outfit would cancel on you and Mike's did not and I appreciate that so much. What great customer service. I got civiche and while I caught 8 fish I also say dolphins and turtles up close. I've yet to have a bad experience with Mike's and was actually expecting to be cancelled on this morning. What a great charter and great crew

Date of experience: August 2019
bartomeupalliser, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mike's Charters & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your kind words Mackenzie.

Guests like you make the low season a bit more bearable ;-)

We will work harder to get you some company in the boat next time, although you may prefer to go alone again, hehe.

Best regards.

Reviewed July 19, 2019

We(12) stayed at the Hyatt Ziva late Sept into early Oct 2017. Booked the trip through a guy walking around the resort. He promised us everything you could imagine, including great fishing and lots of free beer on the boat for our 10 hour trip. Being drinkers, we even gave him an extra $50 to have a couple extra cases on the boat to make sure we didn't run out. We show up the next morning at the marina and it's a clusterF. Not a beer on the boat, so we have to go pay marina prices for beer on OUR dime.
We were also promised an english speaking captain, and maybe crew. Thank the lord we had a spanish speaking guy in our crew because they didn't speak a lick of english.
As far as the fishing, we trolled all day with no fish until we found a trash line where we caught 1 mahi mahi. We saw one sailfish hiding under some trash that the first mate casted to, but no luck.
The last hour or so we said to just stop so we could jump in to swim for a bit and enjoy our time on the water. The boat and crew were nice, I'll give them that, but it was nothing what we were told it was going to be. And potentially not their fault for us being misled. The guy at the resort (empty)promised us we would catch fish or our money back, and we almost got skunked. Not to our surprise, the guy wouldn't even come near us the rest of our visit at the resort. If we weren't in Mexico things would have escalated quickly...
A few of us guys negotiated an hour or two trip straight from the beach for cheap where we swam to the boat and actually caught a few bonita and yellow tuna a few hundred yards from the beach. That was a blast!!

Date of experience: October 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
bartomeupalliser, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Mike's Charters & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2019

Hello Sam,

I'm very sorry about this. We don't include food or drinks on our trips, nevertheless, we do the shopping for our clients, and have all the goods in the boat and then we collect cash for them. We never charge money previously for any stuff. Sadly, the vendor did something he shouldn't, and we never got that money from him.

We are looking forward to having you onboard again and compensate you for the bad experience.

Best regards.

Reviewed July 14, 2019

Fished with mikes two times now with a sailfish first time and nothing the second time. But that was nothing to do with the crew they did all they could to get us on fish it was just one of those days will be looking foreword to coming back in September and will be booking with mikes again

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

Did the snorkeling tour and had a great time. The crew was very friendly and fun. And the lunch was very good.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 12, 2019

Best whale watch tour ever
Great people great food and whales
The lunch was really nicely done an servers where
Friendly

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed July 12, 2019

Caught Mahi and Sailfish. Mahi cleaned and packaged, which we took to Angel Miguel’s in Bucerias and had a feast. Customer service on the air condioned boat was outstanding. The owner saw us off at the pier to ensure we were satisfied with the arrangements. We are booking again this year. Highly recommended

Date of experience: December 2018