“Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Shared Fishing Trip in Puerto Vallarta or Nuevo Vallarta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our sportfishing fleet in Puerto Vallarta is the best and largest, with the most experienced captains and crew and are completely rigged to bring you to the hottest fishing spots. Our sport fishing boats will give you a top rated adventure. Puerto Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit in Bahia de Banderas (Bay of Flags) is a world-renown area for it’s Marlin, Sailfish, Tuna and Dorado infested waters. People travel thousands of miles from countries all over the world just to get a taste of the deep sea fishing that Vallarta can offer. In our fishing charters, cleaning and filleting is always included in the price. To get to the big fish, we offer trips to the Marietas Islands, El Morro, and El Faro. For the biggest fish of all, we offer trips to the legendary waters of Corbetena and El Banco.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Manitoba, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just thought I would drop a note to thank the crew on the Isabella II from Mike's Fishing Charters for the great time we had fishing in Puerto Vallarta Jan 2, 2012. Filipe and Filipe (father and son team) worked hard to get us into fish and we appreciated it. The two Filipes made the experience very enjoyable. My Daughter said that the fishing was the best part of her trip to Puerto Vallarta which was great to hear, I think she's hooked now. Catching Yellow fin and Bonito was great, and the bonus was the whales being so close to the boat while we fished. A trip that was enjoyed by all of us. I will definitely look you up again the next time we come down.

If you are thinking of booking a fishing trip look up Mike's Fishing Charter, I am happy I did!
Thanks again from all of our group.

Visited January 2012
Enrique Miguel T, Propietario at Mike's Charters & Tours, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thanks for your opinion, we are glad you had such a great time.
We'd like to offer you a 20% discount on your next booking at any boat and service you want at Mike's.

Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
“Great trip and great experience, I will do it again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

About noon, a group of friends and I sailed to "Las Animas" with Mike's Fishing Charter. We passed through the Bay of Banderas and we could see the coast and the city's hotel zone, having beautiful seascapes and enjoying the nice weather of Puerto Vallarta. During our tour we saw flying fish. We made a stop at "Los Arcos" for swimming and snorkeling, there we saw many marine species. We arrived at "Las Animas" and enjoyed a delicious meal. Upon returning to port, we enjoy a very good sunset and a delicious sparkling wine. The attention of the crew of the yacht "Isabella II" was always very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended for a pleasant day with friends or family.

Visited August 2012

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Awesome Time for Ladies Too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I booked an all day deep sea fishing trip with Mike's while staying in Neuvo Vallarta and I can now say that I've landed myself a 'big' fish. The crew made sure that everyone on board took a turn at bringing a fish in - and that was frequent once we found them. At one point there were 4 fishing lines going. Everyone on board had an awesome time. The captain and crew were friendly and professional, and the price reasonable. I would highly recommend this fishing company, and when I return to PV I will be booking my next fishing adventure.
Cathy Kinsella

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Cathy K

vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Be careful which boat you book - 42 ft Giselle was very dirty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Although we enjoyed our day on the water the 42 ft boat named "Giselle" was less than we expected from the NuevoVallarta Marina. The downstairs area was filthy, with left over fishing tackle laying about on the tables and a sink full of dirty dishes and the washroom didn't have any toilet paper.
We planned to stop off at a boat access beach for lunch so it didn't effect our trip but I'm
not sure how they would have fed our group should we have had lunch on board.
We ordered our snorkeling gear sizes in advance but when we arrived they did not have any snorkeling gear on board. They took some from another boat but the fins were too small for my teenagers and they didn't have a small woman's size so our 3 teenagers didn't snorkel. Which was the point of the whole experience. That was disappointing.
We did have a wonderful whale watching experience and our captain tirelessly tried
to get us a tuna as there were schools about everywhere. Overall, a good day on the water but I expected much more from the boat based on their brochures.
The captain and assistant were pleasant but didn't give any extra attention beside running the boat. But they did their jobs well.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank traveller23Vancouver
Thanks for your opinion, we'll try to do better next time.
We'd like to give you a 20% discount on your next booking, on any boat and service you ask for.
We hope to amend the feeling of your first experience and show you our improvements.

Best Regards.