“Hidden Gem in PV”

Vallarta Food Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Our 3-hour food tasting and cultural walking tours offer a local's view into Mexican culture through its delicious and intricate cuisine, rich history and stunning architecture. Suitable for all age groups and fitness levels, Vallarta Food Tours guides will take you on a culinary and cultural adventure. Experience off-the-beaten path eateries and their colorful owners and staff, taco stands and regional delicacies. Check out our 6 different tours: -Original Downtown Vallarta -The Street- An Evening Taco Adventure Tour -Taste of Pitillal -Mexology-Tequila and Tacos -Bikes and Bites-A tour de Taco! -Hidden Gems of the Bay Van Tour
Reviewed October 26, 2017

Paul M, Owner at Vallarta Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Write a ReviewReviews (1,378)
All reviews
in 14 reviews
"street vendors"
in 56 reviews

Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

I'm crap with names so I can't rave about our guide by name like I'd like to but I can tell you this he was amazing. Very knowledgeable on the area and foodas well as perfect English skills.

My wife and I took the evening tour. We hit I think 6 spots in total with tacos made from smoked mahi-mahi, marinated beef cheek, el pastor, steak and fried fish.

I am so glad I took this tour early on as I knew who had my favourites and who spoke English to make things easier.

I took a lot of strolls so I was a constant repeat customer to those I liked.

We finished up with a visit to a 4th generation ice cream shop that makes their own ice cream. Many unique flavors like avocado and tamarind to the more common like vanilla bean and pistachio. The pistachio was my personal favorite.

A single scoop in a cup will set you back 25 pesos.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your tour and your food!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and for recommending us!

Reviewed October 23, 2017

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Second visit and we’ll do it again. Oldest and best way to find street tacos, Aqua Fresca, fresh tuba.

We are so flattered that you resturned for another tour! We are delighted that you enjoyed this tour too! Thanks so much for recommending us!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

You will not be disappointed or hungry by the end of this tour! Juri was our tour guide and she was great! Super easy to talk to and had a lot of great stories and personal knowledge to share. She is an expat and so she knows all the good locals spots and also good spots for tourists. She took us to at least 8 different taco stands, each was different and delicious. My favorite tacos were the Al pastor tacos and smoked Marlin tacos (OMG). Juri also gave us a TON of recommendations of other taco stands to try as well as bars and restaurants. She totally made our trip by telling us all the good places to go. Go on this tour on the first day of your trip so you can reap all the benefits of knowing all the good spots to eat! Fantastic tour! Wear good walking shoes because the cobble stone roads are a little uneven.

1  Thank SuskiaV

We are elated that you enjoyed your tour! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for writing such a wonderul review!