“Awesome taco tour!!”

Vallarta Food Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Our 3-hour food tasting and cultural walking tours offer a local's view into Mexican culture through its delicious and intricate cuisine, rich history and stunning architecture. Suitable for all age groups and fitness levels, Vallarta Food Tours guides will take you on a culinary and cultural adventure. Experience off-the-beaten path eateries and their colorful owners and staff, taco stands and regional delicacies. Check out our 6 different tours: -Original Downtown Vallarta -The Street- An Evening Taco Adventure Tour -Taste of Pitillal -Mexology-Tequila and Tacos -Bikes and Bites-A tour de Taco! -Hidden Gems of the Bay Van Tour
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

You will not be disappointed or hungry by the end of this tour! Juri was our tour guide and she was great! Super easy to talk to and had a lot of great stories and personal knowledge to share. She is an expat and so she knows all the good locals spots and also good spots for tourists. She took us to at least 8 different taco stands, each was different and delicious. My favorite tacos were the Al pastor tacos and smoked Marlin tacos (OMG). Juri also gave us a TON of recommendations of other taco stands to try as well as bars and restaurants. She totally made our trip by telling us all the good places to go. Go on this tour on the first day of your trip so you can reap all the benefits of knowing all the good spots to eat! Fantastic tour! Wear good walking shoes because the cobble stone roads are a little uneven.

1  Thank SuskiaV
Paul M, Owner at Vallarta Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

We are elated that you enjoyed your tour! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for writing such a wonderul review!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,655)
All reviews
in 14 reviews
"street vendors"
in 56 reviews

Reviewed October 15, 2017

What a splendid way to start off my vacation in PV! I went on the tour my first day in town and it was absolutely excellent because I learned about all kinds of places I wanted to go back to or food I should try over the rest of my vacation.

Manuel was a terrific guide who was patient with my questions and gave our group tips on where to try particular dishes, for example. Thanks for introducting me to the bacon of the sea! Delicious!

Our small group was able to go to all types of spots ranging from food carts to taco stands to restaurants and learn first hand about the lovely flavors that this town has to offer. It was all delicious! I think I went back to about 80% of the places we stopped again with my friends once they got in to town. Plus, after the walking on our tour, I knew my way around and explored lots of corners that I might not have ventured to if I hadn't gone there on the tour first. I even spotted shops to return to and my friends were so excited that I remembered so many of the great finds from our tour.

I definitely benefitted from taking it early on and the map they provided was super helpful.

Also, a bit shout out to Vallarta Food tours for adjusting things as necessary since it was low season and lots of spots were closed, I guess there was some adjustment that was made in order to have a tour with open spots. As a result, I knew places I could go weith my friends that were open since several spots from tripadvisor or the guide book were closed in late September. It was all great and excellent variety from tacos to sopas to chocolate to tuba I enjoyed all of it!

So thrilled I took this tour and early on to boot!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your tour! We are so flattered t hat you took the time to share your experience and write such an amazing review!

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Do yourself a favor and book this tour! It was nothing short of spectacular. Juri was our guide and her personal story was awesome in and of itself and she was very knowledgeable about the area as well. We also visited seven different locations all with delicious food and drinks. We ended at a Gorgeous restaurant that was right on the beach at sunset. I would absolutely do this tour again in a heart beat!

Paul M, Owner at Vallarta Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

We are elated that you enjoyed your tour! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and for recommending us!

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Shawny was a great tour guide. She took us through small streets with great hole in the wall stands. We had some of the best birria tacos we have ever tried. We absolutely recommend this tour if you do get a chance to visit Puerto Vallarta. We will definitely use this tour again next time we return to Mexico.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your tour , your guide and your food! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for recommending us!