“More than a mouth full” 5 of 5 bubbles

$51.99*
and up
Downtown Puerto Vallarta Food Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Our 3-hour food tasting and cultural walking tours offer a local's view into Mexican culture through its delicious and intricate cuisine, rich history and stunning architecture. Suitable for all age groups and fitness levels, Vallarta Food Tours guides will take you on a culinary and cultural adventure. Experience off-the-beaten path eateries and their colorful owners and staff, taco stands and regional delicacies. Check out our 3 different tours: -Original Downtown Vallarta -The Street- An Evening Taco Adventure Tour -Taste of Pitillal
Vancouver
“More than a mouth full”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife and I decided to do this as it seemed like a nice little adventure and we weren't disappointed. The food was delicious and we loved how many different things there were to sample but what made this experience unbelievable was the tour guide (Ricardo - aka LOBO). He was very knowledgable and great at engaging the audience. He made me feel at home even though we were 3000 miles away. This is a can't miss experience and I recommend it to anyone who's looking for some delicious food and experiencing the local culture.

Nanaimo, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Time well spent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Took this tour Dec 1, 2013 with 2 friends with Alex leading us. Got to try 10 different items from street stands and small local neighborhood restaurants. Alex obviously loves his work as he kept a running commentary going throughout our tour that was really interesting and informative. Enough about that lets get to the food. Everything we tried was so good and many were at places I probably would not have gone to previously. Since the tour we have tried a few more small neighborhood places which have been excellent as well and we have revisited a couple of the places included on the tour. And ya I now need my daily tuba water fix lol. Great tour and good value .. highly recommend taking early in the time here in PV.
PS the tequila that came with the food at Gabbys mmmm .. think I have a new vice lol.

Visited December 2013
Billings, Montana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A "must do" if you plan to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was my first trip to PV but my husband's second visit and second food tour. He made sure we went on the food tour together our first day. We got the royal treatment, due to rain we were the only ones on that particular tour with Alex as our guide. We planned to be in PV for 16 days, and this tour was informative about the true Mexican cuisine. We sampled a couple of taco stands, several local restaurants, local candy store, and more. We knew we wanted to revisit many of the places we sampled and we did! You are given a recommended restaurant list which is helpful also. Alex was very informative and entertaining and I liked that we walked in between so I could find room for the next round of food we tasted. Wear comfortable shoes.

bcsarmaa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The Street - Taco Stand Food Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I went on this tour last night with my girlfriends family. We all had a great time and it has become a highlight of our trip thus far. Ricardo was a fantastic tourguide, extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. We really felt that we were getting the inside scoop on the best local food and we were all excited about seeing a side of Puerto Vallarte that you cannot find in the mega resorts.

This is a must do activity in my opinion, we are glad we did it on our second night at PV and we look forward to seeing more of the city and trying more of the food. Really fantastic time, I can't rate it highly enough!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Muy Fabuloso!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

What a fun and delicious way to spend an evening with friends touring the back streets of PV sampling over 8 taco stands and out of the way restaurants. I've been going to PV for 15 years and now own a property there, yet have never had the "guts" (literally) to go and try these places. It's a foodies dream come true....a la Anthony Bourdain. Paul and Lindsay moved to PV and thought it would be a great idea to showcase the "true flavors" of Mexico. They were right on! Don't miss this fun and delicious experience. All 6 in my group loved it. Jim R.