“Great restaurant at Marina Vallarta”

Las Palomas Doradas
Ranked #293 of 1,137 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: French, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We love this place. Have eaten here several times over the past few years and it is always an enjoyable experience with excellent food at a reasonable price. Early in December 2012 we had a light lunch of salads - very good. We came back for dinner a few nights later because I had noticed grilled whole huachinango (red snapper) on the dinner menu. When I asked about the fish, the proprietor brought the fresh, whole snapper out for my approval. The grilled snapper was the best grilled fish I have ever had, anywhere. My wife enjoyed one of the shrimp specials and for $4 additional that night, we received another shrimp dinner to go (bacon-wrapped shrimp) which served us well as our brunch in the morning. Super experience, highly recommended. Las Palomas Doradas is NOT Las Palomas (which has closed) and is at the marina, NOT on any beach.

1  Thank JimmyDix

Reviewed December 29, 2012

A great (and less expensive) alternative to La Palapa...right next door ON THE BEACH. Wonderful seafood and great atmosphere.
We return every year!

2  Thank QuinnPanzerTravel
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Las Palomas Doradas is a higher calibre restaurant where you can get a fancier meal. The service here is fabulous and the food is really good. I have eaten there twice and have had the Burritos Machacas both times. This is a fabulous Mexican dish that you won't find just anywhere in PV. I recommend you try it, if you like eggs. The seafood appetizer I had the last time I was there was equally delicious. While I have never been here for breakfast, they do have a 50% off special every Tuesday on breakfasts so if you're staying at or near the marina, why not give them a try?

As stated by a previous poster, the duplication of various restaurant names can make things a little confusing. Make sure you are at Las Palomas Doradas, not just Las Palomas - they are two different restaurants. The picture shown here of the restaurant is accurate, and this is the place you want to look for. If you're taking a taxi, the address is 129 Royal Pacific, Marina Vallarta. It's well worth searching out.

For reservations, email them at contact@laspalomasdoradas.com

2  Thank Camping_Girl
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We visited Las Palomas Doradas 3 times for breakfast during our recent trip to Puerto Vallarta. There is a covered outside eating area overlooking the marina with a small fountain. Its very nice because unlike many of the restaurants, it was shaded and cool without sun.

They bring a complimentary basket of croissants and rolls to each table along with butter and jam. The coffe was excellent. We tried different egg combinations (poached, naturelle, with chorizo) and all were good. The fruit plate was huge, loaded with watermelon, papaya, pear, bananas, strawberries and canteloupe. On our last day, we learned to order the fruit as a side dish for a fraction of the cost and more suitable to our appetites. It was much smaller and they allowed you to pick 2 types of fruit.

The service was efficent and friendly. A quality breakfast in a very nice environment.

3  Thank baileyfirestone
Reviewed February 12, 2012

What a waste! We went there after doing some errands because we have been going to both this location and downtown for years. We've always enjoyed the breakfast and salads especially. Not so today! I ordered the Nicoise Salad. It was prepared with a very cheap canned tuna over a bed of greens, lots of celery, and onions and none of the traditional Nicoise ingredients. It was without a doubt one of the worst meals I've EVER had. I am not exaggerating. My husband ordered a club sandwich and they managed to ruin that as well. It was very dry and unappetizing. The fries that came along were cold. I was so upset when my salad was delivered, we even asked the waiter if the tuna was canned and he said no it was fresh! Give me a break. We should have sent everything back and ordered something else. But, I'm not one to confront, especially when it didn't appear that anyone was in charge. It should have been an indication to us that there was only one other table eating. Maybe this place has changed hands? If so, please bring the place back to the standards we've enjoyed in the past. The only good thing I can say about Los Palomas is their ladies room was very clean! We will not be going back. We live in the area and eat out often, so we know the standards other places offer. The prices were also high for what we ordered!