“Best Dog in town for sure!”
Review of The Dog House - CLOSED

The Dog House
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Dog in town for sure!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Although Vallarta is not known for it's hot dogs, perhaps it should be or will be soon. I stumbled onto The Dog House late one evening. After weeks of tacos and tamals, I was ready for a 'good ol' dog with all the fixin's'. I was not disappointed. I understand that The Dog House will soon serve small pizzas. It's bound to be good!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Rayray4343

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Best dogs in town!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was so happy to discover a hotdog stand that was open as late as the bars!! The chef Ana was very friendly and kept me laughing the entire time.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Smokingtires
PVRPV, Owner at The Dog House, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to do a review. We also love Ana in our The Dog House and we get many positive remarks about her customer service. See you soon.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Something good and Quick”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

When you are in the modo for a dog, this is the best place i hace found in México. A local chef prepares the sausages, from basic meat dogs (which is almost impossible to find in Mexico; they are all chicken or turkey), and the great sausages, Polish, Brat, Italian, chicken And chorizo. I tried the brat with actual sauerkraut, and then a polish. They were great sausages, nothing storebought and well worth the trip to eat. My friend had the chicken sausage and loved it. Try the different sauces before slathering as many of these, chimichuri, habanero (my favorite), relish Dijon are freshly prepared. I highly recommend when looking for some thing not too formal, or fast, or just some good basic comfort food.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JohnMarkKucera
Ottawa
“The Dog is Hot and Alive!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

During my January (2013) trip, I did nor realize the Dog House had opened a second location during the day and it's original location at a disco for the night crowd. Only after 30 days on TripAdvisor, I am allowed to retract my previous suspicions of the Dog House demise. THE DOG HOUSE LIVES NOW IN TWO LOCATIONS AND WAS WELL WORTH MY CONTINUED SEARCH TO FIND THE DAY LOCATION!!

The owner quickly contacted us after seeing our endeavour to find the Dog House and provided directions, as well as thanked us for our suggestion to upgrade his signage between his two locations.

The second location is a couple blocks away from the night club location towards the Banderos Bay on a side-street. The young gentleman who served us did a fabulous job of preparing two up-scale sausage dogs with all the fixings that challenge your mouth-opening! We ordered a second dog after the great taste and array of add-ons.

We also purchased some of the add-ons, such as the Dog's mustard, jalapeño sauce and relish, as they were very flavourful and nicely presented in the Dog's bottles. Great memories for our own dogs at home! Till next year!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Michael B
Chicago, Illinois
“hot dog”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

the place is very clean the staff where very helpful and very friendly the guy working jonhy was a very nice outgoing happy and friendly guy and helped me choose what to eat i love hot dogs these where so fresh tastey and big with more condiments and choices then i could choose from i wish i found them alot sooner i ate here 2 times on my trip next time it will be a lot more i visited both locations and there both consisdent and clean and friendly what ever there doing keep it up cause its working mmmmmmm good

• Visited February 2013